Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 10-25-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Thinking about your run as well London!
Old 10-26-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Ah thanks guys! I did the run, I was faster than I thought. I definitely used up all my energy as I spent most of yesterday, ha ha. Even though we had an extra hour in bed. So pleased I did it, that's two big runs this year. Now I need to set the next fitness goal.

How is everyone? Can't believe it's Monday again already but going to work relaxed and sober is great (even if my legs are a little sore)

Wishing everyone a great day
Old 10-26-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Monday, Monday, monday.. Another fantastic week begins!

Great work London!! High five dude! Congrats on your race man, great accomplishment. Head high and smiling today brotha!

Busy week ahead, and a bit of travel for another presentation. Getting my attitude in check, gonna go kill it and have fun doing it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and you are well rested and ready for the opportunities this week will bring.

"First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do." Epictetus
Old 10-26-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Congratulations London! Incredible!
Old 10-26-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Congratulations, London! How nice to go to work on a Monday with sore legs from a run, rather than sore from head to toe from a bender! GREAT WORK!

I am bringing someone to Boston today, after the Y and reading the shelves at the library. This woman wants a second opinion on an eye procedure, and her husband won't drive into Boston, and they were afraid to drive part way then take the train. I still won't do the cancer treatment patients.....just can't.

Have a great week, everyone!

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hey all

Happy Tuesday. The clocks have gone back so it's kind of light at 06:30 here which is great! I am looking forward to this season anyhow, last year not drinking was so new I dodged Christmas, November 5th and Halloween and this year I want to enjoy them.

Ah thanks guys for the shout outs! Scooter that's a great analogy. I think you are doing a great thing with the volunteer work. Do what makes you comfortable, you are doing a great service. I don't think I could drive cancer patients - it would be very hard.

Good luck with the presentations determined! I am on the road again next week.

Pink are you all good?

Shout out to ultra, 1step and Choobie and grateful and anyone I missed.

Has anyone seen rah around? Love to know how she's doing. If you stop by rah say hi

Away off to work. My back tooth has some pain so I need to get to the dentist at some point to have it looked at. No drama, all will get sorted :-)
Old 10-27-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Morning folks ,
London, m love your upbeat attitude today, put a smile on my face and reminded me how good life is!
I'm just of to work. Joined a new gym yesterday which is closer to work, which means I can pop by and have a quick swim before work, which is a lovely start to the day, release all the stress before I start my day ahead.
No news here, all the same,
Be good to see some check ins fro everybody , hope you are all well xxx
Old 10-27-2015, 02:34 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday!

I agree London, the holidays were kind of tough last year, a lot of energy spent on simply getting through without getting festive with alcohol. This one will be more natural and I know we will enjoy the simple beauty of it all.

Pink, swimming before work will be awesome! I go to the gym before work and it is such a mood lifter! Rock on!

Hope everyone is doing great, 1step, Choobie, ultra, rah, scooter, grateful and the gang!

"This life is yours. Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy." Susan Schultz.

Love!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hump day, downhill to the weekend from here!

Gotta travel for a couple of days, found a hotel with a gym and a Starbucks. I think I will be ok!

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to love." Marcus Aurelius

Have a fantastic day gang!!
Old 10-29-2015, 12:13 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be. That is the motto of the day ☺

I'm on a study day so am knee deep in qualitative and quantitative research articles. Yawn.

How is everyone, it's quiet here, hope you are all ok!

The sun is shining here which is better than the last few days, the dark nights are here and it's getting chilly!

Much love to all, no more news this end, friend still the same xx
Old 10-29-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Funky Thursday

Hope everyone is doing well

I am on my way to work. Nothing to report other than a bad tooth which will be dealt with tomorrow. It's been impossible to get an appointment as its school holidays week, never mind - I have the weekend to recover if it needs some work.

Have a great day all
Old 10-29-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday guys!

So, on the plane the guy next to me ordered two whiskeys, the woman to my right and her husband had two vodkas each and wine. The husband had his head down on the seat tray sleeping at the end of the flight. Meanwhile, I landed with energy to burn. Needless to say it did not look appealing!

Hope everyone is fabulous, hope your friend gets better pink, and your tooth gets fixed London.

Off to the hotel gym.

"Success is what you attract by the person you become." Jim Rohan

Love you guys!
Old 10-29-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Nothing new on my end. I've taken a few weeks off from running and plan to get in the trails this weekend.

Let's keep it uo!
Old 10-29-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

London good luck with the tooth, I'm thinking of you my friend, I know your pain!
Determind you did amazingly on the flight, definitely no getting away from that situation! You handled it fabulously and damn right you should feel great and proud!

I have written 500 words today. Now my mind is scrambled! Taking an hour out to watch greys anatomy!
Old 10-30-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

It's friiiiiidddddddddddaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Everyone check in today, we need a roll call!

What are everyone's plans for the weekend?

I am just off to work then tonight I will carve my pumpkin, then tomorrow my brother and family are visiting, and we are going to be boating, visiting an animal farm, face painting, and lego building. Really looking forward to finishing work tonight!

Work is still unpleasant at the moment, I am looking for a new job. Gosh it feels good to say that out loud.

My friend is still on life support, but no worse, if that makes any sense?

Choobie and grateful, you guys ok? Miss your posts!
1Step you ok? Scooter?
Determind we need a great quote to kick start the weekend Please!
London, we have decided for our anniversary that we are visiting venice! Have you been?
Ultra, have you got your tattoo?
Hugs to everyone x
Please check in xxx
Old 10-30-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Friday baby, time to polish them boogie shoes kids!!

Glad to be home. Was totally on my game and did well. Wow, life is sooooo much easier and better in every way. I still get the av whisper after a tough day or when things go really well. But, it quickly passes. My av is kind of a wuss these days!! Curious, how are you guys doing with the av thoughts?

Pink, isn't it empowering to simply make the choice of looking for a new job! You will be snapped up quickly no doubt. I spent a little time in Venice a couple of years ago, quite magical indeed. My tips, get the gondola guy to take you on an extended trip, off the beaten path of bridge of sighs, etc.. Check out the big square for dinner, but do try small places on side streets, my best meals were in those. Lastly, try to find a hotel that lets you go on the roof. Was up there around midnight and the churches across the city rang bells in synchronization. The moon and stars and gothic looking city view with the bells ringing was something I will never ever forget. Sending good vibes for your friend too.

Hope you get your chompers fixed London!

Do check in gang, let's get this party started!

"Do not concern yourself with gaining the honor and respect of other people. The true respect and real honor comes from within. Be your potential. If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be." Maya Angelou

Go out there and kick some ass today!!
Old 10-30-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Haven't gotten the tattoo yet Pink. I'm marinating with the thought and expect to get it- yet haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Have a fpgreat day and weekend Team!
Old 10-30-2015, 02:10 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Today is my birthday - 63~ so hard to believe that I spent the entire age of 62 sober.

I am doing well - I read the thread every day, but usually only write a short blurb or send a PM to someone- It is because I want to write a long post, but it seems I just don't have the time to write to address each one of you the way I would like to, so I put it off, then the same thing happens the next day!

I am proud of all of you as well as myself. My busy schedule - the gentle yoga class, the restorative yoga class, the meditation course, the Y, the book club, Bob, my family and friends, the house, the neighborhood coalition, reading the shelves at the library and now volunteer driving people to appointments, is really keeping me hopping. I am very happy....contented, calm, relaxed.

The worst thing I have done all year was probably Tuesday when I bought, than ate, Midnight Milky Ways to give out for Halloween tomorrow night.

I think the age of 62 was my best year in ages - and, I owe it all to you dear people.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Old 10-30-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Happy birthday scooter!! Love and hugs!!