Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 12-17-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Ah thanks Pink!

All went ok, very supportive and pleased with my progress. She remembered me when I first walked in, in full withdrawal and quote 'you were like a bomb about to go off pressing every button you could to self destruct as fast as possible' Wow!

Going to stick with some low dose Meds and she has helped me look for some private counselling options when the NHS counselling comes to an end.

Happy today. I know we were all talking about progress but the doctor putting it like that really shows how far we have all come. Now to keep working my plan!!
Old 12-17-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Glad it went well London, it's interesting to see how others see us/ saw us. sounds like you made the right decision at the right time. I'm so glad you're here x
Old 12-17-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Awesome London! Top drawer man! You are officially London, version 2.0.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Friday baby and I am finished with going into work until after the new year!! Sweet fancy Moses!!!

Wow, the second holiday season guys, what an accomplishment. Funny thing I notice is that the AV creeps around more this year, but it is different in that it is presenting himself as harmless. What harm is a few responsible cocktails? Just be an adult about it, etc. good to notice the thoughts, play the tape of how it really feels to be intoxicated, and fast forward to the day to day reality of it. This sober lifestyle is certainly better in so many ways. It is our best Christmas gift to ourselves, families, coworkers and friends.

Got my appointments scheduled over the coming weeks. Feels good to take action and move forward. Relentlessly forward.

Hope everyone is feeling great and getting ready for the best time of the year! Each enjoys in their own way, but all pause to reflect and give thanks and love. Also, time to think of what we want to change or improve next year!

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind? Is it necessary? Is it true? Does it improve the silence? Shire ****.

Go forth and kick some butt today!

May the force be with you.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I hear you Determind. Relentless forward progress baby!

Schools out! I've finished for christmas, I'm back at work for new year but still have 10 days off. Have a bottle of shloer on ice and a tub of celebrations to dig into tonight. Iv e put on about half a stone this month but couldn't give a Toss! Hey I need a project for January don't I? That half stone will soon be gone as I plan a January swimathon. I plan to swim 500 metres every day in Jan.

Count down on to my holiday and I've started packing and getting bits together, hurrah!

Right, I'm off for a shower, to get work out of my hair and to get my chill on!

Would love to see everyone check in to share the Friday feeling xxx
Old 12-19-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy Saturday! I love some of you guys have finished for the holidays, how cool!! I am working the days not official holidays but saving my annual leave for Feb and work will be quiet. Put all my big stuff to bed.

The swim challenge sounds great Pink - it's good for body and mind swimming

Heading off to AA now. Yesterday was mad Friday in the UK - known as black eye Friday where I come from due to the number of Xmas parties and fights. Me? I was home watching the text Santa telethon and drinking OJ with lemonade. Sheer bliss!!

Catch you all later. Xmas fortnight is hard for me so will be upping my check ins!
Old 12-19-2015, 01:27 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

London sometimes working when the office is quiet is a magical time, so much more gets done and everyone is more peaceful I find, I'm sure you will have everything out to bed much quicker than usual, good call!

I hear you about this fortnight. I think it's partly because my dad not here anymore, partly because I have an ingrained habit of how the holidays should be and have now changed that by going sober. Ever feel lonely in a Crowd? That's how christmas makes me sometimes. I feel like I'm watching a movie when I see christmas going on a round me. I will have no electricity next week on lundy so my phone battery has to last me all week, plus network is poor. I will try to check in each day, and hope to support you through this tricky holiday. We can do this london! 5 his year should be a breeze compared to last year!

Today i am doing laundry, packing my case, finishing christmas wrapping and ultimately chilling after that. I will be looking I the others today at all the horror stories of black eye Friday too london! I was always terrified there would be a picture of me in one of them! Not this year! Diet coke, pj's and masterchef catch up for me last night!

What's everybody up to today?

Right I'm just about to tuck into a caffetiere of Starbucks classic blend before I start my chores.

Love xxx
Old 12-19-2015, 03:33 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Saturday morning!

London and pink, what you both wrote resonated with me about Christmas. Staying on alert is key. Pink, so very sorry about your dad, Christmas, as it has been pushed to us in the media, makes us feel alienated if we don't have that Norman Rockwell type family gathering of 50 happy people. I never did either, not much family and not much emphasis on Christmas. I was always so jealous of other families while I was growing up. I absolutely hated Christmas for many years. I used to get my punk rock destruction anger going and get out of my head. Deep down, I was just sad and wishing I had a big loving family to spend Christmas with. One year I had what I called a misfits Christmas and invited everyone I knew that did not have a typical family and we had our own, with our own made up misfit family. It was kind of cool.

Nevertheless, none of us can change where we are, but we can get that attitude of gratitude and start our own new traditions. And we can do them through sober eyes and sober actions. Real feelings and true emotions every season. No fake feeling of joy thinking the whole bar loves me and life is wonderful because I am off my bird drunk. This team is now officially a Christmas family too by the way!!

This time of the year is tough, emotions change by the hour for me to be honest. But pushing through and keeping an eye on the prize and finding the courage to see and experience everything head on is its own reward.

Off to see a play, Rudolph the red nose reindeer live with my wife and son!

One final thing, a song I love at Christmas that kind of sums up the feelings I have been trying to write about this morning is called "I sing Noel" by Bing Crosby. A personal favorite for me. Little tears well up every time! But hey, I am still one tough dude!

Much love and Christmas joy to you guys. Laugh, listen and spread joy and love every chance you get.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hey Team.

Just posting to let you know I'm going to take a sabbatical from actively posting. I'm facing some pretty major work stresses which is making me physically sick.

To be clear, I am and will remain alcohol free. And my intent is not to cause drama or concern.

It's just going to be tough for me to make positive contributions (at least for a while) and wanted you all to know why- and not be concerned that I've decided to drink again.

I've really enjoyed our portion of the journey together and wish you all continued success and magic, alcohol free lives.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Ultra thank you for letting us know. Stay strong, hope work eases and that you cope well, and feel better soon. Will be thinking of you, and like to think when you are in a better place that you will pop back to say hey. You will be greatly missed! I would say please stay and let us support you, but you must do what is right for you., know that we will be thinking of you! Thank you for all of your support and inspiration throughout our journey. You are the reason I am doing my swim challenge in January, you are my inspiration for this! Thank you and take care my friend, much love xxxxxx in wish you a happy and healthy new year xxxx
Old 12-19-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Ultra I am sending you best wishes. Stay strong and Team A are here whenever you need us.

My friend you inspired me to run 2x 10k races this year! I owe you one.

I hope that work and the stress improves and turns into positive very quickly for you buddy.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:02 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Good morning guys

It's the Christmas season and already I am feeling sluggish after the parties and rich food at the works events! I am going to drag myself to the gym via starbucks!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Later I am off to see Star Wars - excited!!
Old 12-20-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

London enjoy star wars, I've heard it's fantastic! I don't have time to go until new year but am super jealous of you!
Today is a case of emptying the fridge, tidying the house and taking the cats to their holiday home ready for our big drive in the morning. Busy day! Also a quick stop off at toys r us to buy a little lego surprise for my better half. Gosh I do love that Lad!
Bit of news our end....
We have just registered our interest in doing some fostering and are waiting for all the paperwork to come through, it's early days and might not happen, there are so many assessment and interviews to get through, but we are going to at least investigate the possibility. There are so many children out there that have run out of parents and just want to be loved. How humbling to be that person x

Right, off to sainsbury's for cat food....see you later xxx
Old 12-20-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday kids!

Ultra, I wish you the best man, I totally understand what it is like to hit a mental roadblock that takes the positivity from you. Duck dive through this man, realize that if it is your job, you have control. Just doesn't seem that way sometimes. Stay tough friend, stop back in soon.

London, Star Wars sounds sweet dude!

Pink, the foster program you are looking into sounds just incredible! I am more than impressed by that pink. So many kids that need a home, and all ages. That will add another layer of love to your life, what else is there anyhow? Do keep us posted, that news made me smile. Again, "I sing Noel" by Bing Crosby is the team song this year! So on point.

Choobie, scooter, one step, dry, pink and London - and all team a kids, keep moving forward. Eye on the prize.

"Life cannot give me joy and peace, it is up to me to will it. Life just gives me time and space, it is up to me how I fill it." William James.

May the force be with you friends.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Thanks Determind, it's just the start, we are waiting for all the paperwork to come through to see what can happen , there are many different types of fostering, whether it is emergency placements, short term, respite, long term and also longterm with a view to adopt. We are open to all options. Not only will it bring us tremendous joy and love but also hopefully happiness, safety, opportunity and hope for someone in need. We have so much love to give, we just need someone to give it to 😊 it's worth giving it a go. There is a 7 month assessment period before yiu even get the go ahead, but you've got to start somewhere! Hopefully all of the paperwork will arrive in the new year ☺ xx
Old 12-20-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Super cool pink, You are the good side of the force personified! I absolutely love it.

Ok determined, enough with the Star Wars references by the way... Lol.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Greetings,

Ultra, take care of yourself. Put yourself before your work. I just PM'd you. Before I decided to take early retirement, I thought my work was my life and my life was my work. Now, five years later, I barely remember it.

I had never heard the term Black Eye Friday. Around here it could be Black Eye Wednesday for the night before Thanksgiving.

I think most people feel the same about Christmas - advertisers do it to us; just like they make drinking look so appealing. Whenever I see an ad with a couple having red wine in front of a fireplace, I am envious, and I have never, ever, ever liked red wine.

I am watching the Patriots and baking a cake for a party tonight.

Let's keep on keeping on - we are fighting the good fight.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Safely at home. Gym was great and I love Star Wars - 9.5 out of 10. It was great. Went for Korean BBQ afterwards and that's the farewell meal to my friends before Xmas. They headed off to the pub but I decided to come home and relax.

Wow, Pink what a wonderful thing you are planning on doing.mi have friends who have been through the process and now foster two kids. They said a long process but so worth it. Good luck with the good old fashioned British paperwork and forms!

Nice to see you Scooter and determined!

Early to bed for me. Gym again tomorrow as I felt so good after today. First 2016 goal is in stone - half marathon in early April - eeeek!!

Bug hugs!!
Old 12-20-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best Ultra - hope you can sort out whatever is bothering you. The door will always be open to here

That's great news Pink!

If I miss any of you in the next week - Happy Holidays

Time for another thread though guys:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-21-a.html

D