Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 09-22-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey all

Hope everyone is good

That's an amazing post one step. You are right the bike has to be rebuilt, so true for me. Hey, Wales vs England this weekend - looking forward to that! I shall be watching at home with tea and biscuits, how life changes - love it!

Sleep is good Hobbers, I say roll with it. It's your body saying you need it and it's essential for body and mind to catch up on those lost hours. CBT is really helpful to me too.

I am doing a super early start today. It's getting a little colder. Brrr, but I like the change in seasons now. Soon time to get the coat out

Pink the island you are on looks amazing. I am sure it's so peaceful with amazing wildlife :-)

Best wishes to all
Old 09-23-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Happy hump day peeps!

Up and off to the gym and then to work. Tough presentations completed past two days, now I can just catch up and get stuff done. Aahh yeah.

Have a fabulous day gang!

"I have a personal philosophy in life, kindness begets kindness." Drew Johnson

Love you guys!
Old 09-23-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good Morning!
This morning I am grateful for:
my apple tree
the few last warm days
time with my kids
coffee
a job that can sometimes be fun
Amazon.com-seriously
SR!

Have a great day, gang!
Old 09-23-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm still here. 3 days now.

I am not going to drink today.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning,

Hobbers, you have gotten some great advice from 1Step, Dee and others. If sleep helps, I say snooze away! I used ice cream and chocolate to get through my cravings.

The neighborhood end-of-summer lobster bake was great, with one minor hitch. One of the guys had Not Your Father's Rootbeer and wanted everyone to try it. He tried to hand me a small cup, and I told him, "I don't even want to taste it. The last thing I need is to find another calorie-filled thing to love." Of course he said, "Just try it!" and I said, "No, thanks. I know myself." And, that was that.

Greetings to everyone. It is a beautiful first day of Fall.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 3 Hobbers

D
Old 09-23-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good stuff Scooter!

Keep it up Hobbers!

Lets stay strong!
Old 09-24-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Great stuff Hobbers - keep going and start thinking about your plan

Ah Determined I am on my way to a tough presentation this morning - hoping later I can post the same as you and have an easy run in to the weekend.

I have some post holiday sniffles - everyone at work seems to be ill - but other than that all is good :-)

Have a good one everyone
Old 09-24-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thursday gang! Oh yeah baby!

Dig deep hobbers, you can do this man. Pink, hope you are diggin your holiday, we miss you! London, thinking of you dude, I found what has helped me the most is simple. Making sure I am rested and in a good peaceful and happy mental place when I present. also just smiling and being cool. Defensiveness invites attack. I finally learned to say, good point I will look into that!

Scooter, Choobie, grateful ultra and the gang, high five and big hugs. Looking forward to the grattitude list! Well played on the drink offer scooter, sounds like you didn't even flinch. Big changes in a year my friend!

"We tell lies when we are afraid. Afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger." Ted Williams

"Kiss your fear on the mouth" determined.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Happy Friday team!!

Hope everyone is doing fabulous. Weekend ahead, do stop in and say howdy! Rah, how are you doing by the way?

"One can never consent to creep when one feels the compulsion to soar." Helen Keller

Strength.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey Team! Nothing new in my world.

Let's have a great weekend!
Old 09-25-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy weekend guys

D
Old 09-25-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy weekend. I didn't post yesterday as I was feeling under the weather, cue sleeping and some rest. Feeling a little better today. My presentation on Thursday was good - although I think I saved all my energy for that before a big cold arrived.

I am heading out to AA this morning then a relaxed afternoon and some rugby to watch later

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 09-26-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey all! I had my first dance showcase tonight and it was so much fun. Life is good sober.

I am headed to New York City for college visits with my kids this weekend. We are all very excited - we have so much to see in only a couple of days though. We will just miss the Pope as he was just in Manhattan Friday.

Today I am grateful for:
Lime aqua fresca
chipotle chicken tacos with cilantro crema
highlights
shake shack
sparkles and glitter
ballroom dancing
new friends
new opportunities
new perspective
hope

London - I hope you feel better soon. xo

Pink - Thinking of you - hope you are enjoying your trip. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Determined - Thanks for your consistent posts. It helps so much. Happy weekend to you too! You rock!

Hey to Scooter, Choobie, Ultra, Rah, 1StepUp, Hobbers, Dee - hope you all have a fun weekend.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon sthlondonab - have a great trip Grateful 11
Old 09-26-2015, 02:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi all, beautiful sunny day here, got my girls this afternoon for the weekend so planning to get out and about in the Autumn sunshine with them, and then settle down for THE BIG rugby match......C'MON WALES!!!!!!-

Love and best wishes to all.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Saturday morning! Did I mention how much I love this weather!! Lol!

Hope you feel better London, way to smash the presentation! Get some well deserved rest and down time man. Sober guilt free tv is the best.

Grateful, you will love nyc! Put on them boogie shoes and enjoy the town! The area around nyu is cool, great shopping. I love Chelsea, the village and soho. I love all the cool vintage stores and such. Awesome you are going to visit schools and you will be smiling and present. Good stuff.

1step, shout out to you my man! Your sprit sounds alive, I love it. Was about to ask how are you in my post, then I logged on and there you were! Enjoy your girls and I am with you on Wales my man!!

Gonna go running and have some fun with the little guy. Keep pushing ultra almost there!

Miss the rest of the gang, do check in!

Hiya Dee! Enjoy your weekend too bro!

"Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them"

Love.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday peeps!

Built a big fire last night and just hung out with it roaring and played Mario cart with my son, his cousin and the neighborhood kids. Thought about how things used to be and had a big attitude of gratitude moment. I can honestly be present and listen to kids and adults alike. Always there with a smile and a kind ear. So great to not think the world revolves around me and my drama.

Have a great day and appreciate being alive. If you are not planting thoughts in your mind that you can nurture to get the results you want, then the only thoughts in your mind are those that happened to land there, just like weeds. Pull them out and plant good ones today.

"All serious daring starts from within." Harriet Stowe

Make 'em think you're crazy!

Love and hugs.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi all. Training is now done. I'll go on a couple 5 mile runs this week prior to my first big event, then several more before the 50k.

Most folks get their weekday runs in- but struggle with the long weekend ones. I was the reverse.

I'm slightly under-trained milage wise since I've only averaged 31 total miles per week during my training. But I'm probably over-trained when it comes to long runs. I've completed 20+ mile runs in 6 of the last 7 weeks.

Friday evening I ran 10 miles followed by 20 miles Saterday.

(I have a portable DVD player in my home office. As I write this the Running Scene in Forest Gump has just begun. Another tap on the shoulder by the Universe?)

So, nothing more to do except wrapping my head around the enormity of it all.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Monday Monday! I appear to have finally shaken the flu which is great. I have hardly picked up the phone or iPad the last few days so now I am back on the web. I did make it to AA on Saturday which was good.

Ultra congrats on the training being complete. You've been so consistent that major run is going to be great. What an achievement to aim for.

1step I cannot talk about th rugby, lol! But your boys did very well.

Ready for a busy week at work and this week I aim to get back on track with exercise and healthy eating. Today is 2 months on the e-cig and no 'real' cigs so that's a good achievement. I shall keep going a day at a time