Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 11-17-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hi All. Keep it up!
Old 11-17-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hey guys + girls

I did AA last night and it's given me a good boost. Feeling much less wobbly this week and back to my old self. It's funny how some old thinking came back, just have to keep on smashing it when it occurs:

Pink I picked up a load of schloer on discount last night. Yum yum. It's a great soft drink to have in a warm house

Keep on keeping on folks
Old 11-17-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Great stuff London, it's great to have something in the fridge ready, glad you're back on track xx

Determined I've never snowboarded! Sounds great fun! Enjoy X

No news here, just cooking dinner and waiting for the better half to come home from work.

Take care all xxx
Old 11-17-2015, 11:27 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy hump day!

Back on the early starts for work getting some stuff cleared so I can restore some balance, that's good

Feeling much better now!

Hope you guys and girls are all good
Old 11-17-2015, 11:48 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Morning!
Jeez the wind was bad last night, some of my roof tiles are gone, as is my bird feeder and all the leaves off my Tree! Am waiting for the roofer to call me presently. Another BILL!
Study day today, critiquing a qualitative study on driving cessation. Starbucks caffetiere on the go and a bag of cinnamon swirl popcorn too 😊
Tomorrow I have a revalidation workshop to attend, I think is an important improvement for health care and making sure us nurses are up to date and evidence based, bring it on!
No news here, just attend busy day ahead,
Happy Wednesday all xxxx
Old 11-18-2015, 02:41 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Humpy hump peeps!

Just a big howdy ho, giant high five and a Sasquatch hug to everyone today!

"Life is what we make of it, always has been, always will be." Grandma Moses.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I am fuming. I went to the COA to meet a man who had an appointment in Providence. A volunteer came out to my car to introduce him to me, and he said, "Nice car. If you so much as get into a fender bender, it will be mine. My son is (name - a well-known ambulance chasing attorney in the area.)

The volunteer, said, "Mr. So-and-So, you just signed a waiver," and he replied that that wasn't worth the price of the cheap paper it was written on.

So, I said, " Well, it was nice of you to be so upfront, Mr. So-and-So. There is no way I will bring you anywhere now, knowing what I know, so you'd better call your son or someone else if you want to make that appointment, because you need a ride." And, I started to walk away.

He yelled that I had to bring him, I had signed up, he needed to see that doctor. on and on.

I got in the car, turned and said, "you should have thought of that before you opened your mouth." And, fuming, I drove away.

It took a while for me to calm down - actually, I am still jumpy from it. BUT, I did not even think about drinking! I decided I had to get the energy out, so I went to the beach and jogged.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! ! ! !
Old 11-18-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Oh scooter! Hope you have jogged all of it out you now! Xxx
Old 11-18-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that was a fine response ScooerBoo.
D
Old 11-18-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 15months Scooter! And well done on handling that awkward situation so well. Going for a jog is the perfect way to get that anger out! That sort of thing would be the perfect excuse for me to get back at the person by drinking alcohol (crazy!).

Well I got a pleasant surprise yesterday- my Dad called round and apologised for his outburst the other week and I accepted his apology but made it clear in a nice way that I can't be used as mental punch bag anymore.

Had ANOTHER stomach bug or IBS symptoms this weekend and although horrible I tried not to let it ruin my weekend with my girls which was longer than usual as my ex went away for the weekend.

Im trying to do everything right, Im eating well, drinking water, getting exercise at gym and throwing myself into AA step work again and I feel a bit downhearted that Im still getting health problems. Need to get my immune system checked out somehow at doctors maybe.

Did anyone else watch Autopsy: The last hours of George Best last night on Channel 5? It was a heart breaking portrayal of the downfall of a genius and it certainly struck a chord with me, he tried many times to give up but in the end- even after having a liver transplant- the insanity of that first drink came back and he self destructed and died at the age of 59. So,so sad......
Old 11-18-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good stuff on refusing to be bullied Scooter.

That gentleman needs a crash course on Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Freinds and Influence People!" Poor thing.
Old 11-18-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Well played scooter! Perfect response.

That's awesome about your dad 1step. Glad to hear that man.

Bedfordshire.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Scooter, congrats on 15 months, and congrats on standing up for yourself with a big old meany, and for taking care of You. Well done.

So great to read how well everyone is doing! London, glad you are back in the swing of things!

Really looking forward to a few days off from work and school in a week! And looking towards the holidays. I have a picture of me, on Christmas night a few years ago, looking horrible, bloated, with a drink in my hand. And I remember that it was the only way I really knew how to try to feel good. Instead of the warm cozy thoughts and memories I have to wrap myself with, I chose an empty, forced method. I clearly remember the next day after that picture was taken as well. No warm, cozy thoughts then, either.

I sometimes feel as if I'm going backwards, because my house is slightly neglected (um, maybe a bit more than slightly), I haven't cooked much, and I constantly feel like taking mental shortcuts. What middle aged mom goes back to school to complete a computer science degree, and takes more than a full load? But every time I begin thinking this way, something makes me reach down a little further, and give just a little bit more-to work, to school, to my family.

Today, I am so thankful for having enough.

Love to you all!
Old 11-18-2015, 09:36 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

1Step- great job standing up for yourself, and redefining your relationship with your Dad! Hope you start feeling better soon-a checkup with the Dr. sounds like a good idea!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:05 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

1Step I'm glad you got your apology, it's better than burning bridges, it's good news. Hope your tummy is better x that was such a sad documentary. Every day is a win folks!

Choobie, life happens, and sometimes it's really busy! So what if your house isn't tip top? There's a good reason for it! It's not like your just being lazy, you are running a family and studying too, you're a busy person!

I'm so tired thus morning, I've had a coffee but can't seem to get Going! Another coffee before I go to my training. Then I have a corporate lunch before going on my rounds. No other news here, just CHECKING IN!

Right, hi ho hi ho it's off to work we go!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better 1step - and it was great to read that your dad apologised

D
Old 11-19-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on 15 months Scooter & congrats Nab
Old 11-19-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Good morning gang!!

Choobie, I will tell you the kind of mom that goes back to school in middle age - one that is driven, motivated and wants to set goals for herself!! That I respect. Achieving big goals and staying healthy are priorities. Putting socks away and vacuuming are likely not going to fulfill your life purpose! You are on the right track my friend.

Pink, as your doctor I prescribe a red bull and loud music. Stat!!

Got a presentation this morning then taking tomorrow off! Hell yes!!

Just scheduled another tattoo appointment too. Oh boy....

Stop in and say aloha today kids. Grateful, where you is? Check in girl!

"When I am trusting and being myself, everything in my life reflects this by falling into place easily, often miraculously." Shaky Gawain.

Today's quote is so true.

Where are my pelican shoes!!

That looks funny reading it. I think that is my new self mantra when I feel down or the AV is bugging me.

Again for emphasis,

Where are my pelican shoes!!!
Old 11-19-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Good stuff with the interaction with your Dad 1Step.

Fantastic discipline Choobie!

I heard from Maximus yesterday whose journey is not going as smoothly as she may like. She's been keeping up with the class and is proud of everyone. Please keep her in your thoughts as she continues to find the resolve to give it another go.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I host dinners every couple of months at the same restaurant.

Tonight I came in and the server brought me a bottle of sparkling water without asking.

Guess I'm officially known as a non drinker around these parts! Not a bad reputation to have.