Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 11-13-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Pink, I knew you would!! Awesome!!!
Old 11-13-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Greetings!

Dry, great to hear from you and to know you are still in this with us.

Ultra, I love the Patriots, but no longer like going to the games. I try to get all day games for the Red Sox - true definition of "day and night" between the afternoon and evening games!

Pink, I enjoy MasterChef, MasterChef, Junior and Hell's Kitchen. That is about as far into reality television that I get.

Determined, I always loved a day off work, especially an unplanned, unexpected one. I usually spent the scheduled ones in bed shivering with a horrible hangover because I started celebrating the day before. How wonderful to enjoy life sober!
Hello to everyone else.

Not much new here; right now we have high winds, which I love the sound and feel of, and I love to watch the waves. They have small craft warnings up, and I think they may have stopped the Nantucket and Martha's Vineyards Ferries. I heard early this afternoon that the Block Island ones had been canceled.

I am going to a few church fairs tomorrow morning. From now until the middle of December, it seems every church, school, organization, whatever will be having one.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:20 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Scooter- the game was at 1pm. I can't imagine the later one with more time for folks to tailgate.

Great news Pink!
Old 11-14-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday kids!

Great day yesterday, absolutely perfect.

Quick post, on the run here.

"Many things in this world function like a mirror." Lacan

Raise your frequency today guys!
Old 11-14-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Prayers for Paris today guys x

Hope you're all happy, safe, warm and we'll, thinking of you all and wishing you a lovely weekend xx
Old 11-15-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hope no news is good news, and the reason nobody has posted is because they are busy living a good life.
Be good to see some check ins guys xx
Old 11-15-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy Sunday.

I am making a renewed committee to to get my butt back on here from now on. I have been wobbling this last couple of weeks. Haven't drank at all but I have the experience to know I need to up my game - I have been slow on meetings, posting and gym. I don't want to slip up so I know what I have to do.

I am hoping everyone here is doing well :-)
Old 11-15-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Sunday morning, great coffee in hand. I mixed some Starbucks grind with some chicory coffee from New Orleans. Boy howdy!

Pink and London, I hear you both man. Feels like we are hitting wide open road on this journey where boredom fills the car and the AV is looking very sexy and trying to talk to us at each rest stop!

I think it is time for a pep rally. A serious one. Let's all make a commitment to really reflect on this past year. Go back and read early posts. Go look at your healthy face in the mirror. Close your eyes and notice how peaceful your mind is. Notice the harmony of your relationships. Look around at the positive things you are now attracting in your life. Simply grab your car keys and drive somewhere at 9pm!! Go wave and smile at a cop! I will never stop doing that now!!

We need new goals for this year. We need to realize this is not a temporary change because our lives got out of control and scared us. This is freedom. This is living and doing it without a crutch.

This is certainly not easy. My god it has its tough days. No matter what, do not bend. Do not weaken your resolve, even in thought. We set ourselves up for that first drink weeks in advance by our thinking. Tell it to F off, and say it with an alarming lack of restraint.

Do something crazy to recommit your resolve and make you smile. I went and got a new tattoo yesterday. Always wanted lots of them, so that journey now begins!

I know I am rambling. I do this in my head all the time, but typed it out today as it may inspire one of you guys when you need it. God knows you have done that for me!

"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more." Louis Lamour.

Dance like a freakin crazy person today! Turn it up to eleven baby! Aahhh yeah!!

Love.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Pep rally recipient over here determined! Good call!
Just watched life of pi. Man what a beautiful movie. So spiritual, so philosophical, utterly beautiful!
Today gas been really windy and we have lost a roof tile which is annoying. Another job kn the to do list!

Noticing all of the festive alcohol related popping up in the shops, all of the miniatures gift sets, drunken chocs, mulled wine, blah blah blah. Bought 3 bottles of shloer for the fridge, that will do nicely, and only cost a quid each! Woooooooooohooooooooo!

Av popped up with a 'what if......just one.......you've beaten this......you're not an addict any more....' Earlier today. I started to listen an then flipped it back, and finished with 'what if I don't, and feel better, save a tonne of cash, and give you the bird to boot av huh? I've got this, and so do you.

If you are tempted, just look behind you at all the muddy footprints, all those scuffs in the dirt, and those hand prints from where we were crawling through the hardest bits.........you really wanna go back to the start, start the obstacles again? Hell no. There's silky soft sand ahead, step forward, feel the hugs around your feet, keep going!

Well my lovely friends, we are the end of another weekend, with another week ahead. Chin up, think of good things,, I wish you all sweet dreams and a great start to a new week xxxx

Oh, and I just booked tickets for bricks 2015 lego convention, so I'm flying! Woooooooooohooooooooo. Bedfordshire baby, night night xxxxxx
Old 11-15-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

All is well Team.

Love the leadership and commitment by all to stay focused. I'm in!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Great post pink! Love it!

High five ultra!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:02 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Happy Monday my friends!! Woo hoo, no regrets baby!!

Gotta get my behind moving, thinking of you all. Get on the good foot this morning and go kick some ass and have fun while doing it!

Today's quote is a good one,

"We must all suffer one of two things. The pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment." James Rohan.

Go get it, this day will never come again folks.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Today is 15 months for me. That is so hard to believe. I was reflecting on it as I walked the beach this morning with Scooter and Mr. Boomerang. I think the main difference is within. I enjoy my own company much more. Then again, it is a good thing I do, as I do not go to many social events, especially since the wine tastings of last winter have expanded to whiskey tastings, rum tastings, you-name-it tastings. A local couple "helped" their son buy a liquor distribution center, and they have friends and neighbors host these tastings - they bring all the drinks and a catered buffet or appetizers and give out discount coupons to specific stores for the liquors they are promoting. I am sure the people hosting must get something, too. These seem to be every Thursday night, which is why I now go to a yoga class on Thursday nights. But, I do feel a bit left out. WHen I start to feel sorry for myself, I remind myself that I never liked any of those things in the first place, and how foolish would it be to go to a tasting and not drink?? the only more foolish thing I can think of would be to go and "taste" things I know I don't like, and ruin my sobriety just for comraderie. As you can tell, I have argued with myself over these, until starting yoga and seeing that they have a class of gentle, restorative yoga (the one I am best at) on Thursday nights....problem solved!

I also thought about how I have so much more time on my hands. Before sobriety I never would have attempted yoga not only because I was 30 pounds overweight, but also because it would cut into my drinking time. Except for bookclub, and doing things with Bob, I tried to limit my "outside time" to early in the day so I could be home drinking by 3:00 or 4:00. Of course, with book club, I usually drank before I went, which is what lead to my sobriety in the first place, when the member called me out on it the next morning.

Take care, everyone.

Let's keep on keeping on! BUG HUGS!
Old 11-16-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Roll call....I am here

I have taken a couple of ghost saves from here the last few days and Scooter thanks for the PM - congrats on 15! Woo

I have been resisting my plan and throwing myself into it again this week. Going to head to AA tonight which always gives me a good kick into not thinking I am recovered. Switched my thinking back into each day for a little while to regain some focus.

This team is so great - just when I need an inspiring thought or two there they are :-)
Old 11-16-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hey All!

I really enjoyed watching the Patriots game with my son last night. Good times. This morning j took my daughter to the dentist- and then breakfast.

All is well. Let's stay strong!
Old 11-16-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Congrats scooter!! Great post, I totally agree you are missing nothing! The inner peace you describe is priceless. And yoga rocks!!

High five London! Fantastic work on recognizing the precursor signs and stopping the av in its tracks. This disease is chronic, I have to remind myself all the time. You got this man, great job.

What up ultra! Sounds like time well spent my friend!
Old 11-16-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Scooter congratulations my friend, and I'm so proud of you of for choosing yoga over the pop tasting, I hear your agonising argument and it makes me smile, I've had those inside arguments too! 😊

London, good to see you! Good call on going to aa if your feeling wobbly. They will kick you back into shape!

Ultra, normal days are the best, it's great that we can appreciate that now!

I've just had a lovely quorn stir fry for dinner, and now am sitting down to watch some catch up TV.

Hope you are all well, will catch you all tomorrow, I need some relaxation time! Xxx
Old 11-17-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning gang
Old 11-17-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Howdy ho partners! What up sober wolf!

I can feel things slowing down a little at work, we are moving subtly into holiday mode. It is a welcome mental break, I am rolling with it baby.

I am planning to book a few weekend snowboard trips in advance this year instead of waiting do it last minute and no places to rent are available. Wow, proactive planning, who would have thunk it!!

Hope everyone is doing spectacular and getting ready for some fun time off.

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

And

"Better to wear it out than rust it out." David lee Roth

Big smiles and a double high five!!
Old 11-17-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Scooter Boo - it's a great achievement

D