Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 12-09-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Determined stay strong my friend, lots of thoughts, love and positivity being sent to you my love xxx
Old 12-10-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Thursday kids, weekend almost here baby!

Thanks pink and choobie, I'm cool now. Waiting sucks, but I will deal with whatever happens and keep moving forward man. I do wonder why on earth I didn't surf with sunscreen!! Young and invincible!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Check in and say howdy!

"If we did the things we are capable of we would astound ourselves." Edison

Go kick some today!

Love.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Hang in there determined. Stay strong Team!
Old 12-10-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Determined, you will get through this - the waiting is the hardest part.

1Step, it is good that you recognize your triggers. You have come so far!

Pink, that was quite a birthday celebration.

Hello to everyone else, and

I want to thank you all for the advice on how to handle the book club monster. I decided to go last night for two reasons - my pride as it might look as if I stayed away because I knew there was a party that everyone BUT me was invited to, and because I really like book club. There are eight people, and I really like seven of them.

We are not meeting again until after the New Year, and I think the break will give me more time to ease my hurt feelings.

I made a real effort to treat everyone the same, to engage all in conversation, to be pleasant and upbeat. And, I left with a smile on my face - I was really proud that I made it through that mess without even the thoughts of a drink, and I like the decisions I made.

Thanks again.

Bug Hugs!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Thanks ultra and scooter. This will pass, duck diving it for sure.

Scooter, awesome job on going and being upbeat and cool. That type of thing is very tough, and the feelings are real and they hurt. Very proud of how you handled it. Sober and strong, you grew from that one my friend.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:32 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Glad you have a plan scooter, i bet you feel better already now you know what you are going to do. I think it's a good plan.
Determind, glad you are still upbeat. These things happen. Life happens. And we deal with it. Duck diving baby! Ride the waves to calmer seas x thinking of you x
I'm just off to work for another day, will be sad to leave actually, even though the last few moths have been tough. I guess I'm nervous about leaving my comfort ZONE!
Tomorrow I am off to brick 2015 lego convention iat the excell n london, and also to the winter wonderland at Hyde park. I am ridiculously excited about this!!
Hope you all have a great Friday.
Smile. Take deep breath if things get tough, hold up your head to the sun, and March on my friends. We can rise through any challenge today xxxx
Old 12-11-2015, 02:48 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Friday babies!! Woo yessss!!!

Pink you will do fabulous at your new gig! How exciting and what a breathe of fresh air it will be!! You can reinvent yourself man! And... You will always be known as that super cool chick that doesn't even drink!!

Going to an animal sanctuary tomorrow for a little Christmas thing. Should be super rad. Then hitting a punk flea market, how freaking cool, I go to it every year, tons of cool vendors and wild people and music. Forget your age and live your life and have fun man!

Hope everyone is planning a fantastic weekend.

Anyone been to Thailand? Pink or London?

"Don't seek to merely get rid of the negative things in your life. Instead, transform their energy into something of real positive value."

Go get it.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Nicely handled Scooter! Exciting times ahead Pink! Enjoy the flea market Determined.

I'm flirting with the idea of runing 1000 miles in 2016-- but dont know if I want the pressure. If I set the goal- I'll go after it with a vengance. And I want to keep things fun and avoid burnout. So we'll see.

I haven't run for a couple of months and will begin some treadmill work (and weekend trail runs) again in January. My formal training (for 1-2 Marathons and the Ultra in the Fall of 2016) in the begin in March.

Keep it up Team!
Old 12-11-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi all, sorry for not checking in much lately, so good how positive you are determined, stay strong my friend and enjoy animal sanctuary and flea market. My friend has not long got back from Thailand and loved it- I'll ask her for recommendations when I see her next.

Good on ya Scooter for holding your head high at the book club! Proud of you.

Hope you had a good time at the Lego convention Pink!

Hats off to you Ultra, my aim is to try and get a half marathon under my belt in new year...

Shout out to London and Choobie!

All good here, had a bit of a lull lately but doing the right things to keep on track- upping meetings and hitting the gym when my health allows it. I'll check in more now in the run up to Christmas....
Old 12-11-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thanks 1step and ultra!
Old 12-12-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Thanks determined, you're right, this really is a chance to start completely fresh, no history, clean slate. That's quite nice actually. People will meet sober me, and will know from day 1 that I don't drink. No more reminders of the drinking days!

Thailand baby! Was there this time last year! Beautiful, peaceful, spiritual, hot, exotic, friendly, rejuvenating exciting all in one. Do it!

On my way to my lego play day! Hurrah! !

Thanks for all your support guys!
Good to see you 1step x
Determined enjoy your day!
London keep your eye out for me!! Pink hair and bagful of lego!

On train, crP signal....see ya later xx
Old 12-12-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Happy Saturday

Been a busy week with work and Xmas events - all went well and so good to stay sober through all of it.

Determined - sending you my best wishes

I have been to Thailand - lucky me I have been 3 times as its my favourite place on Earth! A friend of mine used to live in Singapore so used to visit there for a few days then a short hop to Thailand. I know Pink has been too. Any advice sure we can help

Just been to Saturday AA and I am ready for a peaceful day now :-)

Best wishes to all!
Old 12-12-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Ha ha! Pink I am in town today so I will look out for the woman with the pink hair and a shed load of Lego!! Having a wander round the city and stopping off for coffee and some shopping this afternoon
Old 12-12-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Good Morning-
Happy weekend!
1step, your goal sounds excellent and do-able!
Ultra, 1000 miles? Is that throughout the year?
Pink-have a great time with legos! Awesome!
London, have a great day in the city!
Scooter, I hope your book club went well!
Determined, have fun at your punk flea market-sounds so fun!

Today, my parents and daughter is coming over, and we are going out to lunch at a conservatory that is beautifully decorated for Christmas, then making cookies and decorating the tree. I'm singing in my former children's choir tomorrow, and I can't wait to see everyone!
Old 12-12-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Morning gang!

Thanks pink London and choobie! Ghost save today, woke up with the AV jumping up and down on my chest today. I'm good now, checking in is a life saver.

Off to shop baby!

Love.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Yes Choobie- the 1000 would be over 52 weeks. It's manageable- but may make me neurotic so I'm on the fence.

Let's stay strong Team!
Old 12-13-2015, 12:22 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Ultra it's a big commitment, but broken down it is achievable, so I guess the question is, do you want to?! I wonder how many you've run this year so far? Probably not that far off 1000! You continue to inspire me with your commitment, goals and determination xx
Old 12-13-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Morning all

Pink - how was the Lego day?

Choobie - your Xmas themed day sounds fantastic, hope you enjoyed it

Ultra - wow! Well, I saw your progress and determination for the last goal and I am sure you can make a plan and do it. We are with you.

Hope all is good determined !

Today I am heading to a new gym in town with a friend - her brother is a personal trainer there, so I am gonna HURT later. Ha ha. I have great runners legs nowadays (even though I say so myself) so he's going to design an upper body strength programme for me. I don't like weights and lifting but I will roll with it!

Have a great Sunday peeps
Old 12-13-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Choobie, how was your day, it sounded delightful!

My day yester in london was wonderful! Started with coffee and croissants on the train, then the morning was spent at the lego geek fest playing with mind storm creations and seeing the incredible things people have made - it's was quite fascinating actually! Then we went over to winter wonderland and pottered around all afternoon, bought some lovely radiation al tree decorations. Then we headed onto Oxford Street to do some christmas shopping in selfridges, then had dinner, then got the train home. A wonderful long day! Today i am pooped and am watching movies on the sofa eating popcorn!

What are we all up to today?
London hope you don't ache too much tomorrow my friend!
Much love xx
Old 12-13-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Good morning gang! Happy Sunday!

Choobie, have a great day today singing! That sounds super good for the soul my friend. Rock it!

Ultra, your goal sounds pretty cool man, just go for it!

London, pump up them biceps baby!

Pink your day sounds really cool, like a whirlwind tour in a day! My son would have gone crazy for the Legos, we have a few Lego projects on the table now!

Had to postpone the flea market to today, so off we go!

So glad I let the AV feeling roll on by, feel much better today.

"Happiness is a continuous creative activity."

Have a great Sunday 1step, scooter and the rest of the crew. Grateful, check in if you are around!

Love.