Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 20

Old 10-30-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Happy birthday scooter! What an amazing year you've had! Glad you're ok, enjoy your special day dear friend, spoil yourself! Xxx
Old 10-30-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Scooter! I hope you enjoy your day!
I read the thread every day as well, but don't have much time to post. I've been getting up really early to get homework done and avoid opening a browser as much as possible-it's just too tempting to procrastinate. Also avoiding whining and amazingly low self confidence as my program is getting more difficult.

But I'm here! And rooting for us. And so proud to call myself a member of Team August!

Pink-I'm glad you are taking your job situation into your own hands!
Determined-drinking seems foreign now, doesn't it? And quite unattractive. So glad we got over that!
London, hope your tooth gets fixed soon!
London, enjoy your break!
hello to 1step, Grateful, and the rest of Team August

Love!
Old 10-30-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

You sound great Scooter! Happy Birthday!
Old 10-31-2015, 01:55 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hello guys

Happy weekend!

My tooth is much better, a little extra procedure to do next week but all will be good

A very happy birthday to you scooter!! What a fantastic post. I love reading your updates too

Pink - ah I love holiday planning. I haven't been to Venice but will one day. Love Italy!

I am away off to Saturday morning AA.

Have a great day all 😀
Old 10-31-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Late post for me, happy Halloween kids!! Love.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Happy Hallween as well!

Last year I had many drink offers as I trick or treated with the kids (including a nun trying to spike my coffee!). Since I don't drink coffee anymore- at least I won't have to say no to the nun this year!

Have a great one Team!
Old 10-31-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Determind thanks for the venice tips, I just bought a book about it, waiting for it to arrive!

Happy Halloween kids!
We have had about 120 kiddies drop by for candy, best ever! Loved it, can't wait til we have our own kiddies to take out!

I'm sorry I don't always have time to post much either, we are so busy living, and isn't that amazing?! We are winning guys!

Although I'm not posting lots, I am thinking about you every day, and always read the thread.

Today has been a real fun day, and I am really grateful for that.

Love to you all xx
Old 11-01-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday with an extra hour of sleep baby!

Trick or treat was awesome. No longing for pumpkin ale this year!

Pink, I am super jealous of your Venice trip! You will fall in love with the place.

Gonna go for a run. Laters babies!

"Bring me a shrubbery." The Knights that say ni.

Holla back gang!
Old 11-01-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi all

Hope you Stateside guys enjoyed the extra hour - I did last week

Today I am off to see the Bond film :-)

Have a great Sunday all
Old 11-01-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Happy birthday dear ScooterBoo!

Old 11-02-2015, 02:49 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Happy Monday!!!

Hey there grateful, great to see you! Great weekend kids, loving this weather!

Great Halloween activities, now looking forward to thanksgiving. Visited my parents yesterday and noticed they were struggling a bit, so took care of their real estate taxes and credit card bill for them. That felt really good, how could i save money for a rainy day and while it is storming in their lives?

Did some on line shopping yesterday. Bought some ridiculous skateboard sneakers from a site where you can design your own. I made mine with pink flamingos on the top and stars on the sides. They are truly absurd! But they will make me smile and remind me to laugh at it all. I think it is another sign I am getting my mojo back huh? Just maybe kids!

Gotta get moving here, big hugs and double high fives!

"Turn off the tv, don't read the newspapers, listen to your own heart, and listen very tenderly to the hearts of those people who are within your circle of care and affection." John Robbins.

Love!
Old 11-02-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Determind your sneakers sound awesome! I will be go ogling for this website, I want to design a pair for MYSELF! How wonderful that you could help your parents when they needed you. You are so wonderful x
Old 11-02-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Long day at work for me. Went for a long swim after work which was lovely, now eating sour cherry and salted caramel ice cream, mmmmmmmmm!
No news here, just plodding on.
Love to everyone xx
Old 11-02-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Monday evening here. I am relaxing and cooking Morrocan kebabs! I have developed such a love of cooking from scratch in the last year. So much so I am excited about getting some cook books for Xmas.

Had the day from hell today where everything that could go wrong at work did. Never mind, I did my best and tomorrow is another day.

Loved Bond!! If you guys have a chance go and see it. The opening in Mexico City is stunning filmography.

Love to all
Old 11-02-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted much lately, did write a post a few days ago congratulating you on your run London but my internet went down mid- way and I lost it... A belated happy birthday Scooter! Mine is on Bonfire night (Nov 5th), I'll be 35.....

Up and down sort of week here, enjoyed a new session at my local gym which I was nervous about but in the end enjoyed, had physio on my bad hip and they think it can be improved with exercise and more physio, the pain hasn't subsided yet but Im sticking with it and hoping it heals in time.

My Dad called around last Wednesday and asked about my Mothers visit over here the other week, they went through a messy break-up over 10years ago but he has a new partner says he's 'happier than ever' with her so when he asked I just kept it brief and said that it was nice to see her- he started slowly having a go at me and before long he turned really nasty looking for a response, he said some horrible, hurtful things and it shook me to the core, its tough as I have been trying to keep the peace with him in sobriety but he actually threatened me with violence by her sons if I dared say anything other than positive about his new partner! His actual words were 'they'd snap you in two like a twig'- nice, I tried to keep calm but inside I felt like a kid again. Lots of other stuff was thrown in including him saying it was my fault my mother left him (that really hurt).

He actually said at one point 'you can go out and drink again now and blame it on me'! Its took me nearly a week to post and even now I feel guilty but I do realise through sober eyes that this is wrong and although I love my Dad dearly he has verbally abused me like this all my life but for years I blamed myself and thought I deserved it but now I realise that I can't tolerate this anymore as a grown man and father myself. He's actually said that he wants no more to do with me and won't be sending any cards or presents to me or my girls over Christmas (he hasn't seen them since Easter anyway!).

The positive thing in all this is that I didn't revert to type and drink, I spoke to a few people, went to a few AA meetings and concentrated on being as good a Dad I can be to my girls.

Don't know how long it will take to blow over but I do know that for the foreseeable future I have to protect my sobriety and stay away. Im sad about it all but Im more determined than ever to stay sober and get stronger emotionally.

Im sober and I don't need to drink today and I need never drink again.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Administrator

really glad to hear you're continuing to move forward 1step.

I've been away and I have a lot to catch up on - just wanted to wish you guys a good week ahead

D
Old 11-02-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

1 step you are strong and you are handling the situation so well, thinking or you xxx
Old 11-02-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hey gang! London, I will check out the bond flick. Great way to handle a tough day friend!

Pink, web site is vans.com you will have fun, let me know what you pick!

1step, wow man. You really are handling this well. Keep strong like you are, proud of you dude.

Welcome back Dee! Glad you are on the mend.

Bedfordshire.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:08 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Good morning Campers!
Tuesday, cold, foggy, dark. Woke up early so am chilling watching a movie before work, m with a hot coffee on the go. Ahhhh, the hangover free life my Lovelies!
Am working through my application for a job I like the look of, hate this bit, the not knowing, the short listing, the interviewing! But There we go, I'm still going to give it a shot!
Determind I will check the sneakers out, I'm thinking fun gift for my other half for Christmas!
Right, have a good day folks! Lots of love xx
Old 11-03-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Happy tiptoe through the tulips Tuesday!

I looked at the calendar and realized that thanksgiving and Christmas are upon us!! Yes!!! Gonna spin some Christmas tunes today!

Get up and get that attitude of gratitude gang!

"A successful person is the one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at them." David Brinkley

Love