D
Old 09-21-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Yay Ladybug!

No small feat!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good job on 7 days, Ladybug! Thanks for checking in.

All is well here. Went to a good AA meeting at noon today, had a nice night at work tonight. Starting tomorrow, I'm only going to be working daytime shifts Monday thru Friday for awhile. I'm doing this in an attempt to put my recovery first again for a while. I don't need anymore scares like I had this past weekend.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

That sounds like a really good idea Casey , put yourself first . Once you go over the edge , the slope is just too slippery to climb back .
Xxx
Old 09-21-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Ladybug

Good morning Julyers
Old 09-22-2015, 12:55 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

good move Casey.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:09 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

G'day Wolfyyyyy
Old 09-22-2015, 03:24 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Congrats Ladybug

Good morning Julyers
Congrats SW on 800 days! You bring a lot of positive vibes and light to SR. I am grateful you are here to share your amazing spirit and outlook.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

I second that Letitgo xx
Old 09-22-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Good for you, Ladybug! One day at a time.
Letitgo, I understand your trepidation about the wedding. When is it? I have a family wedding in January and there will a lot of drinking. It's good that your have your hotel room to escape to. I think you have every right to make your exit when you please and you don't have to be pressured into drinking at the wedding or the after party. We respect ourselves, we don't drink. When I go to the wedding (of my nephew) it will be first time I'll be around my brother and sister where I will not be drinking. They are both big drinkers. I know they will give me a hard time of it, say I'm dull or boring or some such thing. Last family wedding 5 years ago I was drunk and making a fool of myself. I remember I thought I was oh so sophisticated and witty, not! So not going to happen this time.
So, hold steady, post here if you can during the wedding event time. We will support you. I know I'll be posting!
Old 09-22-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Casey, that sounds like a good plan!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Way to go on one week Ladybug! Today is day 12 for me, so we are doing this together again

I couldn't imagine going to a wedding right now. I think the only times I didn't drink at a wedding was while pregnant. That would be very, very tough, as would just about any change in my routine or event where drinking seems to be the thing to do. Just not strong enough yet.

I am enjoying watching myself "look" better as the days progress. My face thins out and my eyes look brighter, bloating disappears from my belly and legs. Really helps keep me going.

I'm feeling strong, but this weekend could get tricky as it looks like both my daughters have plans Saturday night and my stepmother will be away. So ll be alone. Going to start working on a plan. Even if it involves some shopping

Love to each of you
Old 09-22-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you guys so much I have had a migraine all day calling it a night before I get it again

Sending thanks, gratitude love & hugs to everyone
Old 09-22-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Yes Letitgo, Leshar is right. I had a wedding to go to and got very panicky close to going into it. I knew no one, and the comfort of a courage filled drink was calling me. So I went out to my car and logged on to SR and posted here.

Sure enough, I had friends here at the ready to encourage me on, and I didn't feel so alone. Everyone here was with me in spirit as I walked into that room at the wedding.

I ended up having a great night. As people drank, I realised I wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb and got myself on the dance floor. I was actually one of the last to leave. By the end, it actually felt good to be free of the hangover the next morning!

All that being said, it's not for everyone, and you have to do whatever it takes to stay sober.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

FABL - way to go on 12 days! What is it with us and wanting to drink when we are alone? I am the same way - my husband is going out with friends tomorrow night and my AV is already screaming. Think I am going to plan on going to dinner with my mom just to get out of the house. I know I won't struggle with it if I am out of house and driving my little ones around. Shopping sounds like a good idea too We can do this. I need to get through this week.

Today I turned 44 ;( boohoo, but I am sober another day so all is good. Going to have some cake AND pie tonight hehe.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Happy birthday Ladybug!
Old 09-22-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Happy birthday ladybug!

It baffles me that I am so drawn to the idea of drinking when I'm alone. I'm not in a relationship, it's just me and the girls, but as soon as I know I going to have a window of time, or an evening alone, I can feel a rush go through me. It's almost like a rebellion against responsibility or some secret that seems exciting to me. The next day's not very exciting, that's for sure !

I will be 45 in 2 weeks ladybug, so that's another another similarity between us
Old 09-22-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Ladybug!
I too get the planning/scheming to drink when alone. I'm feeling very sad today and have to be honest, I've had a lot of cravings and feelings like, is this all worth it? I'm going to go to a ladies AA meeting this evening. I just don't enjoy much of anything lately, well that's how it seems today. I'm 57 and wonder if I've lived all the life I want to, I don't really
Need or want anything. Sorry, just a down day. Lot of sadness and regret about times I was unkind to Larry, miss him.
Hope you feel better soon, Wolfie.
Nice to see you posting Fabl, I was thinking about you today and hoped you'd post again.
That was a good idea to post when you were in need at that wedding Croissant.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Happy birthday ladybug!!

Feel better SW and Leshar. Thanks for your advice.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADYBUG :-)
We all love you very much ️xxx