Notices

Class of July 2013 Part 22

Old 09-19-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Resting,

I drained and took down my fish tank. It was time for a change. The fish are doing well in another tank. Lot's of work.
Started at noon, and just got done. 7 hrs.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Already posted in a little more detail in the One Year and Under thread but I'm having a rough night. Not going to drink but could use some good thoughts. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Do your best

What's up Casey
Old 09-19-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I got my feelings hurt when I asked someone for some specific help at an AA meeting last night, been dwelling in my mind since then. I hate asking for help and it just really disappointed me as I thought I'd been growing close to this person and that it wouldn't be any big deal to help with what I was asking. I wasn't asking for anything long term, it was something specific to last night, would have taken ten minutes. Anyways, I've got to let it go and move on.

I'll be alright. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Do your best

I don't doubt the strenght of your sobriety Casey you are inspiring me & many others

Old 09-19-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hang in there Casey. Sorry you were disappointed. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs
Old 09-19-2015, 08:53 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Casey, I'm sorry you feel a bit knocked around.
Learning to deal with feelings, good and bad, without our usual crutch is hard. The good thing is you saw it for what it was, and that it was making you feel not good. Sadly, we do have to feel these things to find new ways to cope,

There's many times here last year that I posted about my ranty sessions in the shower. I used to talk out and swear at whoever, or whatever was stressing me, or upsetting me. It helped me!

Now it's kind of progressed. I never feel that wound up that I have to rant in the shower anymore, but it definitely is my cue to wash the worries of the day away and move on. You will find ways to move through stress too. It's never a reason to drink, and I'm heartened by the fact you posted. It's good to share when we feel vulnerable too.

Chin up.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you are having a difficult time, Casey. I'm glad you posted here. I think you are doing so well. You have a great attitude and you will get beyond this.
Thinking of you and sending a big hug.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks to everyone. I'm doing ok. Winding down for the night. Going to watch a short television show and then read for a half hour or so before I do my daily commitment here on the 24 Hour thread and then crash.

This thread and the one year and under thread helped me tremendously tonight. Thank you all.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:43 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good on you, Casey. That's huge - you made it through!

Leshar, thanks so much for recommending that Ann Dowsett Johnson book. I bought it on Amazon last night and downloaded to Kindle. I'm still early on, but the poetry and talking about her childhood (the part I'm at), seems to be setting the scene. Really enjoying it!

I was immersed in it last night and forgot to thank you!

(Good distraction from my chores, hehe - but I must clean now.!
Old 09-20-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done great Casey they will get less intense your sobriety got a big boost from it & your totally awesome

Have a great day Julyers
Old 09-20-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Morning July friends,

Glad you made it through Casey!

Day 6 and praying for the strength to make it through today and any cravings I may have. Feeling good now, but I know that could all change in a heartbeat. Have a great Sunday all
Old 09-20-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Ugggh, you flex those sobriety muscles if those cravings start calling!
Old 09-20-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Resting,

I drained and took down my fish tank. It was time for a change. The fish are doing well in another tank. Lot's of work.
Started at noon, and just got done. 7 hrs.
Time for more aquarium pics, Bob!

But rest for a few more days, lol!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:01 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Guys its a beautiful day again in London nice & cool with sunshine
Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hi Guys its a beautiful day again in London nice & cool with sunshine
Enjoy your day, Wolfie! Life is good.

About to go to bed. Had some sugar tonight and now can't sleep! Giving it a shot now. Nighty night all.xx
Old 09-20-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Beautiful fall day here too SW. This is my favorite time of the year. Two years ago, after joining this wonderful class, I was sober from August 2nd until right before Thanksgiving and it was the best 4 months. Hoping to do it again and this time make it through the holidays.

Hope you sleep well Croissant
Old 09-20-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Do your best

We found a puppy 30 mins ago a female puppy Yorkshire terrier we gave 2 local shops our address and walked around the block but nobody was searching

Lil madam done a lil piddle on our bed & thier fresh sheets but its ok as the lil mite is proberly terrified so were giving her space & hope someone knocks at ours tonight

It was strange as we have exercised at least 7 miles today and just turning the last corner the lil puppy darts across quickly followed by a boy with a stick who stops dead at the sight of me & my dog and says my dog frightened him (Karma ?)

Either way here's the puppy I've nicknamed her Dorothy while Mrs sw is calling her ToTo

Old 09-20-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
I will just say that there's literally thousands of AA meeting sites all over the world. I'm sure that no two are alike. And even though they may strive to be all the same. It would simply be wishful think to suggest they are all alike.

For instance the AA meeting in the town next to mine is run by the guy that also owns the largest liquor store in the area. Does this matter?
I'm not sure. He has sobriety but is also supplying the masses with the poison that was killing him, and others.
That being said. My brother attends that meeting like clock work every week.
And has maintained his sobriety for nearly 20 years.
So, it works for him.
I chose a different route and it has worked for me.
Wow thats a crazy conflict of interest but if it works the more power to the owner. "Drink responsibly" right

Speaking of liquor store i needed some ice and limes so i stopped in. The clerk was worried because I have been there in a long time. He asked if I was doing ok
Old 09-20-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Re-Member

All is well today. Already went to an awesome noon AA meeting. Getting ready to go to work in a couple of hours. Just checking in to be accountable. Thanks again for all the help yesterday.