Notices

Class of August 2015 Part 5

Old 09-19-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Just had dinner and am now settling down for some recovery reading (just started "Second Chances: Top Executives Share their Stories of Addiction and Recovery" by Gary Stromberg and Jane Merrill).
Thanks, Swimkim! How is it so far? (I just ordered it.)
Old 09-19-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm bored. I have no idea what to do this Friday night.
I like Swimkim's night. I like reading now. I had stopped reading at night, because I would always have to reread so much to remember where I left off!
Old 09-19-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Hi Benice, it's good so far. It's inspiring to read about folks who have done so much good in their life since getting sober. My career was one of my major motivators to get sober, as I knew I could never achieve my career goals if I continued to drink.

As far as more ideas for evening/nighttime activities, one of the things I've done a few times is go to the mall in the evening. Usually isn't too crowded and sometimes window shopping is enough stimulation to keep me from getting bored. I've also gone out and treated myself to frozen yogurt a few times Things I never would have done if I was sitting at home drunk. I've also caught myself going on a cleaning spree in the evening - not complaining about that!
Old 09-19-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Came home from work. Drank a non-alcoholic beer a few minutes ago. Tastes like carbonated garbage juice. Watching drag week live. Ended up not going to the tailor. Day off tomorrow.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hi all, I think im at 25 or so days and been very grouchy. Definitely more energy now but agitated easily. Hummmm is this the new me or just a phase? Dee? Harumph. Search youtube for grinch does yoga, thats me
Old 09-19-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sadie1 View Post
Hi all, I think im at 25 or so days and been very grouchy. Definitely more energy now but agitated easily. Hummmm is this the new me or just a phase? Dee? Harumph. Search youtube for grinch does yoga, thats me
I've been grouchy all week. I hope it's a phase. Or the hormones. Or Mercury retrograde. Or something.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hey all! Checking in here. Been tired, exhausted, and busy. Glad to see so many of us hanging in here. It has to be day 24 for me, I guess. This is the most sober time I've had under my belt in a long time, and it feels great. Last night my husband and I went to our local pub for dinner-- not long ago I would have stared with envy at all the women with their wine glasses, but last night I was just, meh. They have a pretty good NA beer there and, even though I'm not a beer drinker, I had one of those and enjoyed it.

Had my riding lesson today; it was pretty good but last week's was better. They're never long enough.

For those of you having a difficult time, hang in there. We are all here for you.

(((((hugs))))) all around!
Old 09-19-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I walked for over an hour in the morning, and another hour in the afternoon. I'm feeling much better, not so grouchy

I also noticed that since I stopped drinking my dog is behaving much better. I don't think I've found any "accidents" since my last drink? It always amazes me how dogs know...how they sense when there's something wrong with us...
Old 09-20-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post

I also noticed that since I stopped drinking my dog is behaving much better. I don't think I've found any "accidents" since my last drink
Not too long ago I stepped out of bed and stepped right into one of those "accidents" he's still a puppy though so I forgave him

Well I'm struggling at the moment. On day 32 and cravings seem all consuming. I actually bought a bottle of wine yesterday but thankfully chucked it away. I'm feeling fat and moody too. Think I need to hit a meeting, I've been slacking on them.
Today's plan: eat less rubbishy food, big dog walk, look into part time evening college course and lastly...not drink of course!
Keep up the good work friends
Old 09-20-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Busy weekend with obligations. Just checking in. I'm a bit grouchy as well. I think just too busy. I work much better with order in my life and this weekend was chaos. Today is sons basketball game an hour away followed by fundraiser car wash....this is what happens when school starts!!!

My husband went out to meet some buddies after work and came home a bit drunk. Even my kids kept saying, "he's annoying us". I can't say anything. He never goes out and I constantly drank and put my family in danger. He went to bed and it's a new day!!

Best to all. Hang in there!!!!
Old 09-20-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Brighterlife, way to go on getting rid of the wine! That was HUGE!!!!!

I love your idea of taking an evening class. I've been thinking about an obedience class with my two dogs. One has had several classes, and the other hasn't had one. It shows! The evening class seems to be an answer to so many things!

Off to church.....
Old 09-20-2015, 05:32 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you tossed it brighterlife

D
Old 09-20-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Lol Benice! I never gave it a thought! Too funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
We are in SC getting loaded!
Benice-omg Key you had me going for a second!
Old 09-20-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

We made it back safely yesterday. It takes longer getting back cause we are loaded with cedar logs and going through the gorge in NC is up and down huge steep grades! Fairly uneventful just a lot of people who are terrible drivers!

Creative- thank you! I hope you're doing well! (Hug)!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am thinking I am having some peace right now since I am not trying to be in control. Its been hard but it has let me have more happiness and peace! I am so thankful for that. Hope everyone has an uneventful Sunday. I'll check in later! ((Hug)) to everyone!
Old 09-20-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

27 days!

Music festival was fun. Many people were out of control wasted. But many more seemed to be enjoying the music mostly sober with a beverage or two. And I saw plenty of people (like me and my friend) with no beverage in hand!

Still feel like I am climbing out of a depression overall. But last nights music "high" was just what I needed!

Hugs all!
Old 09-20-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I am also glad you chucked it brighterlife!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Brighter, awesome! Kitty, same! Day 27 and I am still grouchy. I am hoping it's a phase of early sobriety and not the real me that is emerging from hangover/withdrawal cycle. Went clothes shopping yesterday, waaaaay overdue, which Is one of many things I did not do while drinking. I had just about worn out all my business clothes. I caught myself being grouchy to nice salespeople, argh! Apologised and turned it around but still not cool.

Leaving for dreaded work trip 4 am tomorrow to Midwest, this will be intense training, no fears of drinking. Next weeks sales meeting with "skit" I might be more tempted. In any case, 3 more days will be one month. With all the day 1s in July and August I am thrilled! Besides being irritable I definitely have more energy, and much less anxiety and depression. have a great sober Sunday all!!

Looking for Bexxed and JL! Troy is busy working. Glad to see you Hoops, you were gonna be next on my roll call!
Old 09-20-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Forgot to congratulate the mile stoners today!! Woohoo!
Old 09-20-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

You ok bexxed/ Troy?
Come on check back in, we are in this together. If you're struggling we get it. If you've drank we get it. Don't hide. Hope you're ok
Old 09-20-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Thanks Sadie and brighterlife.

Sober, but work is just being work. Exhausting at times. Other than that, honestly, nothing to report. Just working.

Hope everyone else is doing well!