SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2015 Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/375161-class-august-2015-part-5-a.html)

Dee74 09-08-2015 04:01 AM

Class of August 2015 Part 5

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

D

Yogapants 09-08-2015 04:40 AM

My daughter is leaving today for university. She's starting a masters program. I'm used to her being away but I will miss her like crazy. Need to stay strong. Day 30 today :-)

benice 09-08-2015 04:42 AM

Thanks for all of the encouraging posts over the weekend! Day 36. Back to work.

kittycat3 09-08-2015 04:57 AM

Good morning class!
Hope you stayed strong yesterday, sober sister Sadie! I know you did. Day 15 for us!

Will check in soon with y'all. Troy sounds like you put down the booze? Congrats to everyone for hanging in there through a long holiday weekend (at least here in the US)....sad that summer is "over", even if just unofficially...

XO, kitty

benice 09-08-2015 04:57 AM

Yoga, my oldest daughter recently finished her Masters program and just began her career. She's still a few hours away, so like you I miss her like crazy. But so very proud of that young lady! Yep, stay strong!

vanaprastha 09-08-2015 05:25 AM

Congratulations on Day 30, Yogapants!

PennyLane76 09-08-2015 06:00 AM

Day 15, can't believe it! Made it thru Kitty!!!!! Yesterday was tough with work looming, so today I am taking off because the day after a 3day weekend my customers are notoriously busy and cranky and I think that would trigger me so avoiding it. Also today starts "locals summer" as tourists have left so I'm going to sit at beach all alone and meditate. Back up at 4 am this morning but that is okay, a beautiful crescent moon and lots of stars! Usually marine layer obscures stars but not today. Benice, Yoga, bexxed doing great, racking up the days! Van, nice to see u!

JL, hope you are okay. You can still hang with us!

Troy, I agree about the lady in town wanting to strike up a conversation maybe to befriend you? Do you speak Thai or is it mix Thai/English with the townsfolK.

Where are our UK peeps?

Checking in later, off to feed my herd of cats, the crow family will be here soon squawking for their breakfast too.

Retread1959 09-08-2015 06:27 AM

Morning, everyone! Yoga, congratulations on 30 days, that's terrific. JL, I'm sure you will find your magic if you keep hanging out here. You can stay with us if you think that will help.

Day 13 here and I'm back to work today, so I guess 13 really is an unlucky number. Yesterday was a waste of a day; I was so sore from riding on Saturday that I spent most of it in bed, but I must have needed the rest so not complaining. Have a great day, all. No drinking!

beerbgone 09-08-2015 06:53 AM

Hi gang. I'm beginning day 38 today. I have a question. I've had several "blah" days over the last week or so. Is this a withdrawal symptom for my stage or am I just having normal bad days?

SwimKim12 09-08-2015 07:54 AM

Hey JL, I'm sorry to here about the slip but I am glad you are back here. As you can see from my signature I drank as well. It was horrible. The hangover, self loathing and anxiety...that's all alcohol has left to give me! Can you let us know what happened? You've got lots of support here. Don't beat yourself up over it. We're here for you!

SwimKim12 09-08-2015 07:58 AM

Beerbgone, lots of folks experience fatigue or depressed feelings when recovering. I noticed mine started around the two month mark but I think it can vary. The lesson I've learned is that alcohol does not make the bad feelings go away! Most likely the feelings will improve in their own, but if not it might be a good idea to see a doctor. Hang in there! 38 days is awesome :)

KeyofC 09-08-2015 08:17 AM

Guys,
I really try hard to edit what I put on here and just saw the typo auto correct do charmingly put on my post from this morning. :( I didn't notice the first word at the beginning or I'd of taken it off. Hope everyone is doing well this early afternoon. Busy first day of work haven't had time to connect at SR yet but hopefully can catch up soon!
Have a positive day!

KeyofC 09-08-2015 08:23 AM

BBG I have been dealing with terrible depression and I noticed mine started around the 30 days mark. I'm on 50 now. It comes and goes I really got to fight to pull out of it. I guess I was thinking with the alcohol being gone it would cure everything. Obviously not. Congrats on 38 days just keep pushing! Keep on keeping on! It's all about finding different ways to deal with it is what I'm finding.
Congrats to everyone doing so well!
I pray for those who are struggling that you pull through! ((Hug))!!!! It will get better keep trying, keep hanging in there!

TroyW 09-08-2015 09:13 AM

I'll update on myself tomorrow or so.

Just wanted to post, and say hope you stick with us JL. Come on, you're an Augustable. A Septemberable doesn't even make sense. :) Regardless of what you choose though, I hope you're ok, and continue checking in here once in a while.

Oh, and Sadie, no I speak Thai. Where I live, I'm lucky if I see another white person every 3 months. And no, she wasn't hitting on me or anything -- I hope not at least, she was about 55. She was just being a good Buddhist. It's the way society here works, which is pretty cool if you ask me. Sense of community here is far stronger than in the West, and she was just making sure I'm alright.

Clownbaby 09-08-2015 11:38 AM

Guilty

ive been sober for several weeks now, and I'm afraid to talk to my AM .... I don't want her condition to effect me. She NEVER calls me. I don't know if she's well...employed...bathing...
ALIVE...? All I get from her is random shares on Facebook & even those have decreased lately. I don't know how to handle this "relationship" with her. Her alcoholism infuriates me & trigger my drinking. Yeah, you could say it's another reason to stay sober, but when I feel so helpless, I don't know how else to cope. Any suggestions?

vanaprastha 09-08-2015 11:51 AM

Sorry to hear that Coleiope. It sounds like you are better off avoiding her for now. Is there someone else who can check on her and let you know how she is doing?

People in the Friends and Family subforum might have other ideas.

brighterlife 09-08-2015 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Coleiope (Post 5548246)
I don't know how to handle this "relationship" with her. Her alcoholism infuriates me & trigger my drinking.

Feel for you coleiope x my advice would be to completely focus on yourself for now..your sobriety. Get some more time to reflect and rediscover yourself. A few more days or weeks can make a huge difference to how strong and levelheaded you can be. If it's infuriating you and triggering you then keep clear for now
Is it just me or has this class slowed down? Makes me sad to think many of us must be back drinking. Hate this disease :(

brighterlife 09-08-2015 01:55 PM

I did a quote!!!!:c011:

vanaprastha 09-08-2015 02:12 PM

I think the class has slowed down a bit, but I don't think it's because people started drinking. I like to think it's because we've moved beyond the roughest early days and don't have as much to complain about. (-:

Well done on the quote, brighterlife!

benice 09-08-2015 04:36 PM

Coleiope, my heart goes out to you. I had a similar situation with my father. Some day I'll share more on that...but for now I agree you should focus on you. I keep typing and erasing. This is hard! I read some of your old posts, and I have much in common with you. Take care of you for now...hugs.