Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 22

Old 09-08-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Rocks

Mariah I can't think of a better bunch of mentors than here at SR, and this thread particularly - you can do this

UP I really hope you get some things going your way soon bro...

D

Last edited by Dee74; 09-09-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Rocks, I've not read that book by Brene yet, it would have made more sense for me to start with that one really. I have seen her TED talks, and was bowled over by her her authenticity. It's great to read about the very human feelings of shame and vulnerability - it happens to us all, but no-one teaches us how to deal with it properly.

Obo, there's a shortage of teachers in the UK, so if you can cope with the weather, then this could be an option for you?, No doubt you'll choose the warmth of Oz, who can blame you

Mariah, your post made me remember how I felt when I first posted on SR. That definite decision to do whatever it takes to get my freedom back. I think this could be your turning point. Try to remember that feeling, maybe even write it down? Accept where you are now, be grateful for the person you are already, you are a beautiful human being on your path to freedom - a hero's journey, one step at a time.

UP, sorry to hear things aren't great. Have you found something to do in your area - a way to meet some potential friends? Your luck has to turn around at some point, it would be good to be ready for it! <3

I'm starting to pack for my holiday, only 2 days to go. I'll be keeping a journal, like I did last year, it helped to imagine I was talking to you all.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank you so much - I have had about 1 hour of sleep - tried to be "mindful" that my head was on the pillow & there was nothing for me to do but sleep, but it escaped me. I don't ever nap, but may need to today. Have a good day all
Old 09-09-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

A nap sounds like a good idea Mariah. I have to admit, if the house is quiet, I love to sneak in an afternoon nap. It feels so indulgent, even better than a bar of chocolate. Apparently both Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher (both known for their lack of sleep) took a regular afternoon nap.

Btw, I've found the practice of centering prayer has helped to calm my mind down - would something like that possibly work for you too?

I had planned to go to my church group meeting tonight, but I've decided to stay in to sort out some clothes for the holiday. I won't have much time tomorrow or Friday.

I think I might get back on my exercise regime after the holiday - I seem to have acquired some noticeable wobbly bits, where there were none a few weeks ago, how does that happen? One minute you can see a bit of muscle, the next it's covered over with wobble!

I'm hoping that we'll be able to hire bikes while we're away, to get the ball rolling.

Why are bad habits so difficult to break, and good habits so easy? And why are good habits difficult to make, and bad habits so easy? Hmmm.......
Old 09-09-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds like a nice plan Freein....no fun to be in a rush to pack for a Holiday I'm excited for you! I'm pretty jealous of a long time friend of mine lately, following her on FB. She has met her Love, they have been dating a few years now & they have a small vintage trailer & are traveling all over.....they were married about a month ago at a really neat steam engine train park....gypsy style wedding, comfortable, but one of the most beautiful I've seen (via FB). She has been posting pics from their honeymoon travel & looks so happy....I am happy for her & very envious I have been looking at small camper vehicles & making my plan.

Yes, prayer is definitely part of my plan & I have thanked God the last 2 nights I've crawled into bed clean & sober. I'm praying he guide & direct my heart & mind.

The nap did not happen today (almost impossible for me to nap during the day).....I did make another AA meeting....(my anxiety was extreme today), then kept myself out of the house until it was time to pick Son up. Today was his first day of school. I am going to do some reading & start some journaling tonight & really hope to sleep.

How is the sleep for you these days UP? Really miss you posting & hope you are doing OK.

Night Fools. (I took the most beautiful Sunrise Pic over my yard this am as we were leaving for school...phone is dead, so will post it tomorrow) Grateful to be at the end of day 2.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hope you have a good night's sleep tonight Mariah. Keep keeping on. You can do this. Make sure you accept whatever support is available, no looking back.

I love the idea of roaming around in a camper, I'd like to do that around the British Isles one day. My partner isn't so keen, he'd rather get a Harley Davidson. There's no pleasing some people!
Old 09-10-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

I did get some sleep.....made another meeting today & had some Grandson(s) time after, so that made my day. Things with DIL have improved and I am grateful for that.

I'm sure you must be busy getting ready for Holiday, hope you have a wonderful time...you deserve it�� I'll be here when you get back

Hope all other fools are doing OK
Old 09-10-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Morning Fools,

Good stuff Mariah...... Good to read your posts again. Bloody family is what ruined a 15 month run for me, so I know how important it is that everyone gets along.
Just keep away from the demon drink today!!!

It's funny when you look around just how many people are getting off alcohol...
I know of a bloke who just had a drink after 10 months and made an idiot of himself. My first reaction was he should have done a year...!

UP : I watched Jimmy Carr on youtube, doing some really good stand up! His comebacks to the audience are sensational. I bet that'll give you a laugh over the weekend....

Rocks: CONGRATS ON 9 MONTHS

Freein............. all I can say in response to teaching in the UK is....

NO WAY!!!

Dee: Hope all's well in the central commentary position....

In for the bargain...

stay tuned..................
Old 09-10-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Obo.....I'll take a look at that this weekend.....in for the bargain!
Old 09-10-2015, 11:37 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

I totally see your point, Obo, lol,

Mariah, that is very good news about d-i-l. Hopefully it will keep getting better and better, as time goes on.

Congratulations Rocks fabulous milestone.

Have a great end to the week everyone. I'm in for the Bargain, plus I've also made up a holiday bargain (same rules), so I'm in for that too.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hey fools.

Have a great holiday free.

I'll have to check that out obo.

Congrats rocks.

I have been sleeping through the night, well whatever. Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep but once I do I do sleep.
Trying to make peace with the dreams. Forcing myself to accept the reality that we can't always get what we want.

In for the bargain.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Pleased to hear you've had a better nights sleep, UP.

We're off very early in the morning, so just wanted to say cheerio. I'll be back in 12 days. I shall be thinking of you all, take care, and God bless.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are getting some sleep up. I think acceptance is a biggy for us�� easier said than done, & takes ongoing effort.

I'm feeling antsy tonight, but have plans for speaker meeting with a friend later, so just "riding it out". Hope everyone is having a good sober night. Have a great time Freein- God bless you too��
Old 09-11-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hang in there Mariah. I hope you enjoy your meeting, hopefully you will get some helpful information from it.
Old 09-12-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

Glad you're sleeping more UP, but sorry about the dreams.

Go Mariah, go! The first few weeks are always so tough. Keep having faith that if you keep riding it out the feelings WILL pass. I'm glad you're going to a meeting.

Hope you have a great holiday free!

hi obo! I'm in for the bargain too
Old 09-12-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank you Rocks! I asked someone to be my temporary sponsor last night & committed to 90 meetings in 90 days. Unfortunately.......

Had to have my first stitches in my life today (except those from giving birth to a 9 pounder) had my Grandson & Great Nephew over to play in back yard this am....went to move a heavy metal, outdoor umbrella stand & dropped it on my bare big toe against concrete patio....narly laceration. Only 4 stitches but had to stitch through my toe nail....Doc said I will be in a lot of pain tonight & tomorrow, but I am just so, so grateful it wasn't on little nephews toes (I had just asked him to move back) would have taken his off.

Anyway........with pain med & taking an antibiotic that requires I stay out of the Sun (105 here today), I will not make a meeting tonight. I'm good though & have NO plans to drink.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:07 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Administrator

geez..hope you're not in pain for too long Mariah

D
Old 09-12-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Feeling no pain Dee. hope you are doing well. Read a great post of yours earlier that I needed to read....thanks. Extremely anxious over All my Sons safety all the time....it is emotionally exhausting. I make myself physically sick with it.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm doing fine thanks Mariah. I'm glad whatever post it was helped

D
Old 09-12-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Sorry to hear about the toe Mariah, try to take care of yourself. Thankfully the little ones weren't involved.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.