View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
freein14

Rocks, I've not read that book by Brene yet, it would have made more sense for me to start with that one really. I have seen her TED talks, and was bowled over by her her authenticity. It's great to read about the very human feelings of shame and vulnerability - it happens to us all, but no-one teaches us how to deal with it properly.

Obo, there's a shortage of teachers in the UK, so if you can cope with the weather, then this could be an option for you?, No doubt you'll choose the warmth of Oz, who can blame you

Mariah, your post made me remember how I felt when I first posted on SR. That definite decision to do whatever it takes to get my freedom back. I think this could be your turning point. Try to remember that feeling, maybe even write it down? Accept where you are now, be grateful for the person you are already, you are a beautiful human being on your path to freedom - a hero's journey, one step at a time.

UP, sorry to hear things aren't great. Have you found something to do in your area - a way to meet some potential friends? Your luck has to turn around at some point, it would be good to be ready for it! <3

I'm starting to pack for my holiday, only 2 days to go. I'll be keeping a journal, like I did last year, it helped to imagine I was talking to you all.

Have a great day everyone.