Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 22

Old 08-28-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Obo, 20 days......
Looks like you're back in the driving seat...
Old 08-28-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Morning fools,
3 weeks today....
Up early just to posta that.

Has anyone seen the photo of drinks and how much sugar, is in them....
Un real...

Obo kicking all soft drinks and juices to the side...

Thanks Freein...

Up: how things in the usa.... that journo shooting, his colleagues and was insane...

Hope all are well...

stay tuned...
Old 08-28-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Way to go obo.

Not much going on with me. Seem to be down this evening, I guess I've been doing to much thinking about what I want to do but can't find a way to accomplish. Unfortunately I can't blame anyone else for me being where I am right now. I can understand how others treated me that helped influence the bad choices I have made but I am the one who ultimately made those choices.

It would be so much easier to numb myself but it would fix the problems.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Well ... don't try and make dinner when you are depressed. It seems that whatever can go wrong WILL.

If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Up: Get some takeaway.....
Good luck with some sleep...
Old 08-29-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I'm trying out a new recipe later, in my quest to find the perfect vegan curry. I've been so lazy recently, I really need to get my act together to eat a bit better.

Sorry to hear your efforts were scuppered, UP. I agree with Obo, a takeaway is a great idea for times like that.

I'm thinking about taking a vegan cookery class, to up my game on the cooking front. It's quite expensive, but with all the money I've saved through sober living, it's affordable.

That's a thought, UP, what about seeing if there's anything culinary happening in your neck of the woods? You never know, you could be a budding Gordon Ramsey? Even if you do end up with a sunken souffle', you'll make few friends on the way.

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a great sober start.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks obo!

Sorry to hear about your low evening UP. I hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Is takeaway take out?

I know what you mean free about being lazy about cooking. I've been eating so terribly because I've been too lazy to plan out my meals.

Everything's been so busy. I feel like I get past one thing and another thing crops up. I imagine I can't be the only one who has had their relationship strain a bit when they got sober. I feel like I wish for a more emotional connection than I used too. And it's hard to get that when you're with someone who is high all the time and doesn't realize how inconsistent they are. It's an uncomfortable thing to face, but 9 months sober and it's getting harder to ignore.
Old 08-29-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Today hasn't been too bad rocks.
I haven't been eating as well as I should be either. I can never seem to decide what to eat so it usually ends up being something quick and easy.

I can't speak from experience about the relationship strain rocks, a lot of my using was to put the problems off so I didn't have to face them. I have heard of others having problems, my therapist would even talk about it. Sometimes when we get sober we are a different, not always a bad thing, person. Similar to some friendships, I had to cut a few people loose because we were only "high" buddies and that's not me anymore, not saying that is what you are experiencing. Only you can determine if the relationship should continue.

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Rocks, I've found that most of my relationships have changed since being sober. Most have improved, but there have been just one or two which I've had to let go of. My partner still drinks a beer at the weekend, but this doesn't effect me at all. I would have failed in my recovery if he'd carried on drinking wine, I'm sure. I hope your partner decides to commit to his own health soon, as time moves on it will be harder for you to accept his choices in your home.

Meal planning is THE key to healthy meals. I'll write out my weeks plan later today, when I get back from my parents.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hope all are having a great Sunday.
Rocks: They say no big decisions in the first year...... Give it time and I bet he'll follow suit.

It's all about the positives in life...

stay tuned.....
Old 08-30-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

We're trying my new curry recipe tonight- it's hot, hot, hot, so does stand a chance of ending up on the compost heap. I don't think I can cope with too many more failures, it's not doing my self-esteem any favours at all.

Perhaps I can save the day by opening a tin of pears for afters.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Curry update.......very palatable, possibly my best attempt to date, but still needed the tinned pears to fight the fire. Perhaps more coconut milk next time.

Hope everyone's had a good meal today. How did your dinner go today UP?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Afternoon, fools.
All is well.
Back to work tomorrow full time.
Mum babysitting.

stay tuned.....
Old 08-31-2015, 12:28 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Obo, that's a treat for baby Anna and Nanna Obo, to have some quality time together. Hope your first proper day back goes well.
I have a day off work today, the last day of summer apparently. Autumn begins tomorrow. September has always been my favourite month, I love the light, and the colours of the autumn.
I'll probably stay around here, as the roads are generally busy on a bank holiday. Plenty of clearing up still to do in the garden if I can just motivate myself to get out there.
Have a great start to the week all.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Morning fools,
10.30am,
at the desk.................

Well here we go again. New Principal, 2 new vice principals, new time table.

It's good thing for my sobriety to be back at work
Too much thinking otherwise.

Watching youtube and a range of musos who have all got sober and clean for inspiration.

Hope all are well!

Dee: I liked your post on another thread, recovery version 2.0, it's even better than the original.....!

stay tuned..............
Old 08-31-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Administrator

now with extra 'stuff', Obo

Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Old 09-01-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

I like that: "New and improved" that says it all as far I'm concerned!

I've ordered a couple of books to take away on holiday with me. I've chosen a couple that will hopefully keep me mindful, and leave less opportunity my AV to cause mischief. I had a sober holiday last year, so there's no reason not to expect a sober holiday this year. I have to admit I'm a bit anxious about it though. It's so easy to do stupid things when your away from your normal routines.

Obo, I agree that work is great way to keep the mind focused. I know I complain about my work every now and then, but it really has been a God send for my sobriety.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Morning fools,
10.17am
at the desk....

Just had meeting with the 2 department heads and the new Principal.
All good for the 2015/2016 year.
They've listened after a litany of complaints last year!

Mum and Aunt now in town taking care of our little baby.....
Takes a fraction of the pressure off!

Reading that Slash and Duff from Guns n roses are both now straight and sober.
I used to look at them with their jack daniels bottles and marlboro cigarettes and emulate them.
I mean I though they were so cool!
Now they're sharing their recovery stories, it's great to see.

Nearly made it to a sober month again.

It's a real buzz being sober, once you've cleared the initial hurdles.

stay tuned........
Old 09-01-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Great going on 25 days Obo!!

This is the first time in a few weeks I have logged onto SR.......Things are not good with me.....just can't seem to get on the sober track & also have fell into a "sad" place, which I guess is depression.......just getting out of bed in the morning & brushing my hair seems like a major task.......I have no motivation to do anything, even those things that I usually enjoy doing. I've been having to make myself leave the house to do things that I have to do. I took a road trip to see a friend I haven't seen in 5 years......I was glad to see her but shouldn't have gone as I ended up using a drug I haven't done for 16 years, which didn't help one damn bit & has taken me a week to get through that "soul sucking" experience. So, so sad that my friend is still living that life & so, so grateful that I was able to escape that all those years ago.

Had a friend that I went to outpatient with call me last night & invite me to a meeting & was glad I made myself go & to see some peeps I haven't seen for awhile & to know they are there.

Anyway, I did start back on anxiety meds & know they will not do me any damn good if I don't give it a chance by "self medicating". Winding down in day 2......going to "will" myself to go do some job search in the am. There are several elderly/older members of my family right now that could use some help, so I am going to make it a "must" to go help them out on a regular basis as I think it will help me to help someone else right now.

Goodnight/Morning Fools!