SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2014 Part 22 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/370776-class-april-2014-part-22-a.html)

Dee74 06-30-2015 10:27 PM

Class of April 2014 Part 22

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-21-a-20.html

D

freein14 07-01-2015 12:55 AM

First, wow, I'm good!

freein14 07-01-2015 01:14 AM

Mariah, please don't get disheartened. I tried many times unsuccessfully, to quit the wine but this particular time it just clicked. The important thing is just not to give up trying. I don't believe you have to hit rock bottom before you can escape this dreadful disease (i certainly didn't anyway), but i do believe that it helps to fill that psychological space with something meaningful. For me it's a spiritual path. I like to think I've swopped an unhealthy destructive spirit for a life affirming, loving spirit.

Now, I love my journey so much that I can't see any reason to turn back, but it did take about 9 months of sobriety for that inner change to happen.

UP, my suggestions for some weekend planning would be a mixture of:
physical activity (walking ?)
spending at least an hour each day outside;
Reading something uplifting and positive;
A cup of coffee at a coffee shop, with a newspaper to read.
Contact with a friend, either face to face or by phone;
Creating something nice for a meal;
Clearing out a cluttered space (a drawer or cupboard;
An hour or so of housework;
Church or other spiritual activity;
Doing something nice for a stranger.

My bet is you'll be joining Obo, with the football though? :groan

Wimbledon is on here, we have high hope for our Andy,
Come on Andy, you can do it!

Upward2Enlightenment 07-01-2015 07:39 AM

Morning Fools

Mariah, I agree with free about not having to hit rock bottom to succeed. You may need to try a different plan. Unfortunately I did hit rock bottom, but I think it was necessary for my eyes to be opened to all the lies in my life.

I'll try and do something this weekend free. It's 4th of July weekend so there will be plenty going on. Also I really do enjoy fireworks.

Fireworks are illegal in Delaware, even sparklers. O.o Apparently we can't be trusted with anything. That doesn't stop people from getting them.

Have a great day everyone.

Soberwolf 07-01-2015 08:53 AM

Thanks for the new thread D

obosob 07-01-2015 06:43 PM

Morning Fools,
9.27am,
at the desk,

Mariah: There is no failing on this journey. I've been sober for 14 months now. The same thought patterns still occur. I'm coming to the conclusion that whether or not I drink really relates to my reactions to everything that goes on inside my mind. I still have all these thoughts, but as I'm sober, I don't react to them anymore.
There is no doubt I'm physically and mentally much better off than I was.....
But...
It's just the awareness there's a problem is the success here...
That in itself is a miracle.
There is no failure in not being able to get a leash on this for a time, as in reality, that is the name of the game.......innit!
I think you're doing an amazing job, you are brave enough to admit your mistakes and strong enough seek another angle in finding a resolution.....

:You_Rock_

UP: Just a thought....... Do you think if you had your dental surgery, that you would really see a lift in your spirits. A move towards the future where you were not afraid to meet new friends etc....???? Should we start looking for a solution to that.........:smokin:

Dee: Thanks for the new thread....... gunning for first on the next one!!!! No one likes the English winning anything....!!!!!!......... speaking of which...

Freein: Ashes cricket getting started... I'm going to the 2nd test at Lords, Day 4!!! Yes Obo's being let back to Misery Island again, taking little Anna to go and meet her pommy cousins, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc....... 3 weeks of listening to convict jokes, history lessons and cultural slurs..... :headbange

Rocks: Hi there...........:c006:

Adna: What's the plan for the weekend....

Hope all are well out there...

stay tuned.................

Upward2Enlightenment 07-01-2015 07:48 PM

That's a tough question to answer obo.
I know that it would help reduce the fear and anxiety. I'm always thinking that people will judge me, joys of my childhood.
I can't be sure that I will make a lot of new friends, I've never really had a lot of friends ever.
I'm a big mess here but I'm working on things and trying to move forward. As a matter of fact I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I will discuss a few things with her.

I'm the only one who can get this moving in the right direction. I need help from others, doctors and such, but it's my life and no one else can live it for me.

obosob 07-01-2015 08:05 PM

:scoregood

Adnamaeel 07-01-2015 09:18 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm both happy and surprised to report that our city council had an emergency meeting today about fireworks and the current fire danger, and agreed to a partial ban. A city wide ban would make even more sense, but they did ban them on the side of town where I live. The hills where I like to walk are convoluted and forested, and are a major fire hazard right now, so that's the area that is the biggest cause for concern. I live a few blocks from that area, but am still within the ban zone. I don't know how they'll be able to enforce it, but I am definitely relieved.
I appreciate all of the commiseration I got from all of you.

Dee74 07-01-2015 09:44 PM

good news adna :)

D

freein14 07-01-2015 11:06 PM

Yes, that is good news Adna.

Obo, hope you enjoy your Pommy visit! There's a group of Aussie tennis fans at Wimbledon at the moment, bemusing the crowds with various cheering rituals. One of them was interviewed yesterday, and asked what he thought of the weather (yesterday was the hottest day in July EVER), and he likened it to a spring day in Os!

Just off to work now.
Intending to finish the week strong, then in for the Bargain at the weekend.
Love to all Fools.

Upward2Enlightenment 07-02-2015 01:03 PM

That's good news adna. Hopefully people will not be foolish with their fireworks. I know, wishful thinking. Drunks plus fireworks plus extremely dry conditions is never a good combination.

Saw my doctor today, she has ordered a bunch of blood tests to determine the cause of the fatigue I've been experiencing.

Dee74 07-02-2015 03:37 PM

Have a great weekend guys :)

D

obosob 07-02-2015 04:56 PM

:nyr:nyr:nyr:nyr:nyr:

FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN FOR THE BARGAIN.........

stay tuned....................

MariahGayle 07-02-2015 10:15 PM

Thanks for all the words of encouragement.....mean so much to me. I am home & have a 3 day week-end in front of me, so thankful for that. My youngest Son has been home 1 night since school got out, has been staying & working with his Dad, so I asked him earlier this week to spend the week-end with me. It was 109 here today & expected to be the same the next couple of days, so I reserved a cabin on a river on the coast & we are headed that way tomorrow. It's nothing fancy,......you take your own bedding & use a communal bathroom/shower room. There is a fire pit for each cabin, so a bit of camping, but a bed & a lock on the door. Very nice, clean facilities & under $100 for two nights. There is a nice swimming hole there, which sound so nice right now & a big fireworks show on the beach Saturday night. I am worried about leaving my garden, but I will water really good in the am & my other Son said he would water for me tomorrow night.

I'm glad you talked with the Doc today Up & that tests are being done. I think all of Freeins suggestions are great.....not easy for us to step outside our comfort zone, but I think giving some of those a try would definitely help you to feel better.

Wishing you all a good, safe week-end.

freein14 07-02-2015 11:05 PM

Mariah, that sounds a lovely way to spend the weekend. We were promised a heat wave, but instead we've had thunder storms. Quite dramatic and beautiful in their way.

I'm on a training day today, which should be fun, plus I get to wear my jeans as a bonus.
Have a good end to the week everyone.
Happy 4th July to all our American Fools!

SolitaryThinker 07-03-2015 05:28 AM

Hey

Things got extremely dark for me...I'm ok...just horribly unhappy again

freein14 07-03-2015 09:18 AM

Sorry to hear that ST,
I hope it passes quickly.

SolitaryThinker 07-03-2015 11:11 AM

Thanks...I'm feeling better and that's why I'm posting again...this just isn't the place for me to complain about dark stuff that really isn't even important. I'm learning that I seriously need to take control over my happiness and feeling well...in starting to see that it really is a choice...and today I'm choosing to feel better...

Dee74 07-03-2015 04:11 PM

I'm glad you're feeling better ST :)

D