Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 22

Old 09-01-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hi Mariah: Full support from me.....

I too have to stay away from many people who were my 'friends' becuase of drugs and alcohol.

Give it a few days without a drink and I bet things will turn around.

My relapse/slip/stack etc.. cost me 2 weeks I reckon. It took 2 weeks after it all to get back on track. 2 days physically and 2 weeks mentally....

It's all in your head, so to speak.

keep posting, works for me.....

stay tuned..................
Old 09-01-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it's been a rough road lately Mariah but I'm glad you're back

D
Old 09-02-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Hi Mariah, I'm so glad you posted. Sorry to hear that you're going through a low patch at the moment. You will get through this though, and every day sober will add a positive building block to your life, if that makes sense. That's what I believe sobriety is doing - building us a new life (maybe a palace, who knows?)

I'm reading another sobriety book at the moment, Heather Kop: sober mercies. Books about other people's journeys have been a great help to me - it helps to balance out all of rubbish that the media and society brainwash us with.

Obo, glad to hear the start of term is going well for you. Hopefully this year might be easier at work for you.

I'll try to find the Guns n Roses story on line - it can be a great help when celebs share their stories.

How's it going UP?
Old 09-02-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm here. I had shock wave lithotrispy on Monday for a big kidney stone. I'm feeling a little better today. Now the fun part is having to pass the stones and go back to the doctor in a couple weeks to see if they were able to break it all up.

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble Mariah.

Keep it up obo.

It's good that you are planning to stop the AV if it shows up free.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope that does the trick UP

Thank you for your support, as always. Meant a lot to me to read this am.

Up & moving ......applied on line for 2 jobs. One of them is at Fred Meyer....applied a couple of weeks ago & have not heard from them. Tried to make contact in person, but manager will not talk to anyone - all done through corporate.

Saw a facebook post from previous AA sponsor last night that she needs help getting things in order for winter.....going to hop in my car & drive out to her place & see if she can put me to work.......Have a teen who needs school clothes.

My Oldest Son will be 32 year old tomorrow. Wow, how the years have flown.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

UP, Hope it's not too uncomfortable when the stones pass through. It sounds a bit like a pearl in an oyster, so maybe it will be worth something when it plops in to the toilet!

Mariah, hope you hear something soon, I don't know who/what Fred Meyer is, but I'm guessing it's a job you'd like. Good luck!

I've almost finished my book. It's been quite enlightening. The author had a relapse after several months and found it even more difficult to get back to sobriety. But, she seems to have learnt much more about herself in the process. There were still some issues which she had not come to terms with the first time around. It's been interesting reading about her thought processes because they resonate with some my own.

Is anyone reading something interesting at the moment?
Old 09-02-2015, 11:28 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Just want to wish you all a happy sober Thursday
Old 09-03-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Day off today.
China's 70th anniversary of their defeat of Japan.
You beauty.

Freein: I can relate to the author..... Its harder in the first month. But you do learn more quite a bit.

Up.... good luck in the bathroom.

Mariah. Hope you're doing well.

stay tuned....
Old 09-03-2015, 08:01 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Keep it up obo. As Dory from Finding Nemo says, Just keep swimming.

So far things haven't been too bad, the stones I've passed so far are tiny. They have me using a strainer to collect the stones so they can analyze them.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Using a wee strainer rather than a tea strainer presumably UP?

Maybe you'll find some gold nuggets in there somewhere, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Great work Obo, you're sounding solid again.

I've just been watching the news, the migrant crisis is so upsetting, those poor people are so desperate for a better life, they're risking everything to get to Europe. One day the world will be at peace. What an amazing world it will be.

Hope everyone's having a peaceful evening - I'm listening to a blackbird singing a goodnight song outside the window, lovely.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Morning Fools,
8.05am,
at the desk......

Jesus, those photo's of the refugee children drowned on a beach is a hideous sight. Upset me a bit.

It's a hugely depressing world when you think about it. When you take away the world of advertising, television, media and really think for yourself, even just for a few minutes you can clearly see, when not thinking about yourself, that the world is in huge chaos.

Human nature........ it's tough out there...!

On a brighter note, the wife and I have confirmed with each other that this will be the last year teaching here.

So this makes this the last year at this school and I feel as though a huge burden has been lifted. It's good to have change coming and a new chapter for the Obo family.....

I've been thinking a lot about why I had a drink.
Really looking into what set me off, when did I drop my defences, what should have I done...etc....

HALT theory seem relevant, the AV shot through when I was super angry and hurt after a family fight....

My dad drank a lot. He used to fight with my mother usually of a Friday night after he'd been at the pub. Not physical, well once or twice. Don't worry she gave as good as she got..!

It hurt me and my two brothers significantly. We didn't understand. It went on until I was 13, then dad stopped going to the pub. I think Mum said she'd leave.....

As an adult there are no excuses, you must own all your behaviour, you must be responsible... But...
We really aren't that different from when we were children. Most of the issues that hurt us then,are still prevalent today, in some form or another.

I still have healing to do from my past...... If I had have done this with a sincere effort, then when my brother went ballsitic, I should have seen the issues, the similarity to myself, the anger and the pain.
I thought I was through the fire and in the clear.
But the truth is that I still have work to do.
I may always have work to do.

Bloody work, work, work........mmm

Hope all are well......

stay tuned...............
Old 09-03-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to work on a lot of issues too Obo - I knew I had to clear the table of any option to drink.

I haven't looked at the pics you mentioned - too sad and makes me too angry.

D
Old 09-03-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Dee: Do not look at them...... I'm still very upset. I think I need to cry!
I'm clearing the table too, there is no option there anymore!
Thanks..
Old 09-03-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Just lost my post.....too tired to re-do. Feeling much better....has been a busy couple of days.....doing things for other people......good medicine.

I have not watched the news in a couple of days Obo, so have not seen or heard about that..............heart wrenching the things that people experience in this world.....so easy to take for granted out safe little worlds sometimes.

Love you you All
Old 09-03-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are a bit better Mariah. Hope you sleep well.

Obo, what a relief that must be, to have made a decision to move to pastures new.

It's interesting that when we get sober we find that the real work begins! I've been helped greatly by Eckhart Tolle's work, he speaks about the "pain body", and this really resonates with me. Practicing awareness and presence is the corner stone of my own healing, and I've not been taken over by my "pain body" for many months now (I'm not saying it won't happen, but I think I will see it coming first). I know you've had quite a bit of experience with various spiritual traditions, is there one which you think might be helpful for you now?

My Ego still shows itself frequently, and I can smile at it and just observe without getting too embroiled with its perspective on things. Things I used to get nervous about, are no longer quite so threatening. I definitely don't worry quite so much about things. Please don't think I've got this cracked though, I still have a long way to go, but these are just observations from my own practice.

It's Friday, so I'm in for the weekend bargain!
Old 09-04-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I'm in for the bargain too...

stay tuned................
Old 09-04-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

And there it is...
28 days.
Very happy about that...

Old 09-04-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That's great obo.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Congrats, Obo, that's a fabulous comeback! You'll be stronger than ever.

Just one week until my holiday, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm nervous because I know that I'll be vulnerable to an AV attack when I'm out of my normal routine. I've had one sober holiday (last year) for so many years, it still feels like a trigger for me.

I think I'll be fine, but there's a bit of me that's saying "be vigilant".

I've been a bit tired over these last couple of days, I'm planning a relaxing day today. If only my partner would stop jumping around shouting "holiday, holiday, holiday time, do, do, do ,do" in a very off beat rhythm. Even toddlers don't get this excited a week before a holiday!

Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great weekend guys - and congrats oboe ...Ya blood's worth bottling as my Grandad would say lol

D