Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 22

Old 09-25-2015, 04:04 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hope you are feeling better today Dee!

That would be great Freein- always work around here for that...I think you might find quite a bit of opportunities there.

Have not heard anything yet, and think that is a good sign.

Off to a meeting in a bit & in for the bargain��
Old 09-25-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

High crimes and misdemeanors in Honk Kong !?!

Don't let'm hang ya high Obo,....you just hang in there brother !

Welcome back Freein,.... I'm not ready for the summer to end either.

Mariah,....good luck . The job sounds like a good one ,....esp. if they have you jumping through the drug-free testing. That's the kind of job I'd like to apply for ( ...just because !!! ) lo

I really hope the migraines subside quickly Dee. Have heard those are beyond brutal.

Rocks, .... so proud of the incredible work you're doing academically !

The way ( us ) baby boomers have turned a blind eye to prevention the last 30 years,......we'll need you more than ever !!? < Good timing ! >

Up,....good thinking seeing through the old " just one time won't hurt"
It's truly a stretcher,....and in my case, a dangerous one.

Izzy, was thinking about you today after reading of a local couple with horses, goats , dogs, and chickens,....getting abruptly evicted from a beautiful spot not far from here. Hopefully the article in the paper will help them find an alternative, ...without breaking the business up. They teach kids to ride, and apparently the folks in the area have the means for that sort of thing.

How are your two horses ?!? Do you ride them often ?

I'm still pluggin' along at this night job, and since the part-time guy quit my schedule is worse ! ......
So, soooo grateful to be clean and sober . Pretty sure I'll run through my vacation for 2016 early and cut this show down to a couple days a week and cover for all the employees here taking sick days a the drop of a hat.

.... Beats all I ever stepped in.

Hope all our other ( MIA ) Aprillers are doing well.

Some good news ! We've got my absolute favorite ( actually one ( of about two ) national politicians in the US I'd ever voluteer for ) running for Prez in 2016. Happened to have written him an email about 11 years ago after seeing him on the floor of the US Congress on C Span several times. Didn't know the backstory on the guy at the time, but ( imo) he's one of a kind.

Hit a brick wall with the remodeling about 2 months ago,...but it's coolin' off so may ease back in a little in a month or so. Just bush hogging and chainsaw work the last few months,....lost a "yoooge" tree that took out part of a wooden privacy fence next door. That'll have to be the first bit of nail bangin' .

yackety yack, yack, yack ,..
y'all take care ,...I'll be back
Old 09-25-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine thank Mariah

good to see you Top

have a great weekend gang - I'm in

D
Old 09-25-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi TS.....glad to see your post tonight!!! Back from a meeting watching Walk the Line....gotta stay up kinda late to go get Son from football game later. He & his girl friend have an anatomy class together & he called me yesterday afternoon asking if he could go to her house after school to work on their anatomy homework...Yi Yi Yi
Old 09-25-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi tops, good to see you back.

Glad you are feeling better Dee.

A teenage boy and girl getting together to do anatomy (air quotes) homework. Rut roh.

Have a good weekend everyone. In for the bargain.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:38 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Tops, I'm so pleased you posted. I had feared that you'd inadvertently buried yourself under some rubble whilst wielding your sledgehammer! I had search parties and helicopters out looking and everything.

Dee, hope that migraine has passed, and you're well rested.

Saturday morning here. I'm in for the Bargain.

Hoping to dig up a shrub/flower bed in the garden today, and replant some various varieties of geranium plants. The rabbits seem uninterested in them so hopefully they'll still look good next year.

Apparently we have a lunar eclipse in the early hours of Monday. If the sky is clear it should look spectacular, I'll be setting my alarm to wake up to watch.

Hope everyone has a great start to the weekend.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Administrator

all is well now Free - ty

D
Old 09-26-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Freein,
Thanks !
... for the heads up on the lunar eclipse,..... haven't checked the forecast for local visibility yet,.... a Blood Moon should be a fascinating spectacle !!

Hope the sky is clear over there,.....it looks like it starts around 3am-ish for you

Leaving myself a note to remember "specs" ,...

Third time indeed , ...may "be a charm"
Cable guys seem to'..ve finally
sorted the interruptions the last two weeks , ..... and the old laptop crashed for the last time Thursday. This one priced half as much ,.. wa.aay more fun !

Speaking of fun, ...desperately need to get out on a bike one of these days,........... it's been months !

Old 09-26-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

I've been a bit lax on the exercise front for a couple of weeks, I need to get back on the band wagon.
Holidays really mess with my routine.
Hope you get back on your bike soon, Tops !
Old 09-26-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Sunday morning here, it's still dark outside, and my porridge is bubbling. Back in to my Sunday routine of travelling down to see my Mum and Dad. It will be nice to catch up.
Mariah, I'm going to get those Richard Carlson books on kindle, they sound just the thing, thanks for mentioning them.
Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:42 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good day freein

D
Old 09-27-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Have a good day Freein early Sunday am......no big plans & think I will make early meeting & spend the rest of the day at home...chicken & dumplings. Enjoy the day All
Old 09-27-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I have to be honest, I don't think I'm going to make it.
Last night I came closer than I ever have since getting clean to using. Unfortunately the urge hasn't gone away.
Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my mother's death. I also found out that my stepmother almost died Thursday and is still in the hospital. She won't tell any of us what the doctors are telling her. Also, the only way I found out was because I stopped by the house and found out that she is in the hospital.
I feel like I'm losing everyone ... both my parents are dead and I never got the chance to reconcile things between us, they both died with us not talking because of stupid stuff. Then I lost my kids ... not dead but I am dead to them and now I'm possibly losing one of the last people who truly cares about me.

I just don't know why I bother.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Oh I'm so sorry Up...that is a lot of loss & has to be really tough. I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain...I do care though & would hate to see you hurt yourself by going back out...your kids are young yet& I do believe they comeRoind in time. I heArd someone share in a meeting the other day, that He made amends to his Dad at the cemetary...thAt was all he could do & that it was healing for him to do that. I'm going out for a bit but will be around if you want to talk through PM. Please stay with us....
Old 09-27-2015, 03:36 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
I have to be honest, I don't think I'm going to make it.
Last night I came closer than I ever have since getting clean to using. Unfortunately the urge hasn't gone away.
Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of my mother's death. I also found out that my stepmother almost died Thursday and is still in the hospital. She won't tell any of us what the doctors are telling her. Also, the only way I found out was because I stopped by the house and found out that she is in the hospital.
I feel like I'm losing everyone ... both my parents are dead and I never got the chance to reconcile things between us, they both died with us not talking because of stupid stuff. Then I lost my kids ... not dead but I am dead to them and now I'm possibly losing one of the last people who truly cares about me.

I just don't know why I bother.
You bother because there's no answers back the way you came UP.

I'm really sorry for all thats happened to you and not only this recent stuff - I know you've been down for a long time.

Honestly, I think you'd really benefit from seeing a Dr - and getting out of the house a little more & connecting with people.

I was depressed for decades - When I got sober I resisted building a new life for a long time because I wanted my old life back. Moving on meant letting go.

Something to think about, anyway. I'm not trying to annoy you or make you cross.

I care about you and what happens to you. We all do.

Move forwards, not backwards UP

D
Old 09-27-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You bother because there's no answers back the way you came UP.

I care about you and what happens to you. We all do.

Move forwards, not backwards UP

D
Hang in there Up,....
Your addiction will use absolutely anything to feed itself after all the clean time you've rolled up.

Normally I stay away from cute aphorisms but read one today about "life" that seemed equally true for recovery.
( I guess life and long term recovery are just about the same thing, come to think of it !? )

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

Like Dee, I don't mean to annoy you,...or worse.

We all care.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Freein,....
Heavy cloud cover washed away even a slight glimpse of the moon tonight,

....how was it there ?
Old 09-27-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

No no no Up.....
Not even an option.

You made it through.
Youll make it again....

Go to the hospital instead....

Hi Tops....

stay tuned.....
Old 09-27-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Not being cute.....

My wife says.....

Just because youve been given a cactus doesnt mean you have to sit on it...

she should know.....

thinking of you Up....
Old 09-27-2015, 09:52 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just wanted to make it clear UP letting go is NOT giving up.
It's just letting go of the outcome, or of the past and moving on.

I know you're a great guy and in spite of all thats happened in the past few years, I have faith that one day you'll have all those you love close again.

D