Old 07-20-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good afternoon Overs.

Congratulations Mags.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Happy 2 year anniversary Mags! Hope you treat yourself to something nice.
Soberwolf so glad your bird friend ended up well.
Hot and humid here. Haven't even had a second to see what actual temps are but also not as bad as what you are dealing with Itch.
Got a late start today, not complaining, but hope I can fit food shopping in after LOs nap. She's having a bit of belly issues today though so everything's gone to crap...
Old 07-20-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks for all the congrats today. Once again thank you for sharing our friendship and part of our daily lives together.

Wolfie, a lady I know cuts lemons in half and puts them all around her borders to deter cats. Does it work......No.....lol.

We've had it a bit humid here, too, OLL , but I think we're going to have rain again, ready for summertime.

Dee, hope your migraine has gone away.

Have a good evening, overs, speak soon.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Mags - Congrats on 2 years!! Totally fabulous
Old 07-20-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Mags mrs sw saw all the feathers and was shocked 2 pigeons returned in the garden which i was pleased about

Havnt seen the attacked bird but i did stay with it untill it flew off safely

My neighbour said if i got hold of lions urine and sprayed it round the garden it would keep cats away... i was like yeah yeah didnt think of that

LION'S URINE ?????? i thought i had normal neighbours lol thier good ppl but between your neighbour & the lemon idea & my neighbour with the lion urine idea im getting a bit worried about the uk lol

Going to keep searching spk soon & congrats again mags
Old 07-20-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wolfie, believe it or not, I have another friend who bought lions pooh pellets to deter the cats in her garden......did it stop them.......mmmwwwaaaahhh, No they pooed on the lions pooh. Lol.

Thanks, nice cake, Wolfie.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Do your best

LOL the rspcb says spiky plants & i have pots so i might try that
Old 07-20-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Happy 2nd Sober Birthday Mags!! I am so proud for you!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL,
I love Leo Gorcy! After your comments about watching the whole East Side Kids/Bowery Boys series it was only a matter of time! They were from a part of NY only 40 miles from me but might as well have been another planet! RZ is closer to my old home stomping grounds but more like the part of the world I'm from.

RZ,
Yes, Satch! Huntz Hall! Dang I had to look that up but not Leo. Memory is a funny thing. What were we talking about?

OLL,
Be careful what you wish for. I wanted dry to be able to start construction and now need rain to settle the dirt from digging the trench. I said the actual temp was going to be 108 and typo'd that. It should have said 98 and 110 Heat index. It actually got to 99 today and will be triple digits, 101 and up here in the next week.

I'll try to post a pic of the 200 foot 12" -18" inch deep trench. Don't worry about me as I am hiring labor and I am only Stupidvising.

Wolf you are a good man!
Some would not rescue a pigeon and think it not worth their time. However, IMHO, the pigeon paid his due in pleasure for you. pretty good trade for his life. Thanks for sharing. Its the small dramas that define us.

Well my plate is full and every day it is the power company engineer, the cable company, the HVAC custom fabricator for my changes, and then getting the 25kw whole house water cooled 4 cylinder gas generator with auto switch installed. We paid for it several months ago, and he already picked up our old air cooled 15kw gas generator that struggled with the air conditioner start up. It was a trade in. So now we go through the big work in sweltering heat.

It can be so stressful when we get exactly what we wanted. But the RV is done and in place, with hookups and it is all coming together. Now I just have to remember that spit happens and go with the flow.

When done I will post before and after pics.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Wow guys it has been a really intense week. I feel like I've been through a marathon or something. Yeesh. Just everything all at once. But I seem to have come through the other side, I THINK.
I was on the radio twice in the last two days, on the CBC. The last broadcast was in Vancouver and I was interviewed by one of my idols!!!! Are you kidding me.
It was nerve wracking.
And lots of other things, fought with my boss, almost quit. Didn't. I went to a counselor and she said that I need more routine in my life. I agree. We made a little schedule of things I can do as routine. It helps, I think. I realized how I go through life just reacting.

Hey Mags, congrats on two years!!!! That's so excellent. Well done.

SW, that story about the bird was so touching.

FBL, your college education at work, hahar.

Hi OLL, Andy RZ and FG.

And everyone else too.

Itchy! Congrats on getting your RV all together and sorted, FINALLY!!! So---are you living in it now?

I love birds, don't get me wrong. But I also think it's kind of adorable and endearing how cats catch birds and bring them in for you because they think you can't hunt for yourself. So cute. (And horrible. I know.)
Old 07-20-2015, 09:04 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs.

Wolfie, spiky plants sound good. Cats are very tenacious tho, so you might want to think like a cat to stop them. You know, it takes a thief to catch a thief.

Itchy, thank you. Who is the cable company? I was thinking electric but then so is the power company? I look forward to the before and after pics.

Just remembered, ,Wolfie, another friend (same one who got the pooh) she got something which emitted a high pitched sound, we couldn't hear it but the cats do walk around it. I can't remember what it's called but it is battery operated so costs a bit in batteries.

I hope you all have a good Tuesday .
Old 07-20-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Inpar , sounds like you have a lot going on! I agree, routine is a must, for most things , but always good to throw a little spontaneity in once in a while .
Old 07-21-2015, 12:47 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Pruning and picking soft fruit today.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Wolfie a high power water pistol every time you see the cat give it a scoosh, it will learn to avoid your garden. That's the theory, it never stopped my old cat getting on the kitchen work surfaces, he would just glare at me and sulk!

One cat I had was an extreme hunter, I would walk out my back door to a bloodbath of fur and feathered bodies. It was worse if we went away, I'd come back and it was like ' oh, I'll bring you more gifts, just don't leave me again!' And the back yard would be full of little dead critters. So sad to see the birds, the mice I didn't mind so much. I put four bells on her collar but I swear she could still walk silently when she wanted.

Itchy try not to melt!

IP looks like by seeing a counsellor you are beginning to be proactive rather than reactive. It all talk time but at least you are focussing on what you want to do.

Hope everyone is doing ok this week.

Bugger, as I'm typing this my painter has just arrived. I swear the guy breaths through his ass he never stops talking to take a breath! Shoot! Now I will get no peace before going to work, it's my one late morning this morning, I was looking forward to a nice gentle start to the day!!
Old 07-21-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Itch, I'm slowly, but surely, working my way through the Bowery Boys movie series which has just been released on DVD on 4 volumes over the past couple of years. So far, I've watched the first 12 out of 48 total films. It's interesting to see how the films evolved from a mix of drama and comedy to all-out yuks. Of course I love Slip and Satch, but my favorite character has to be Louie, the owner of the sweet shop where the gang hangs out. These movies were on TV all the time while I was growing up, but I never actually sat down and watched them until now. BTW, the East Side Kids movies came before the Bowery Boys and they need a proper DVD release someday. I'd be the first in line to buy them.

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:19 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

itch, remember, dont spit to the wind!

yeah yeah fbl, louie is great

and did you know louie is mugs real life father?

toots, tell the painter to land the plane

and just paint!
Old 07-21-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks everyone had a lovely day out with my sister today went to the park caught some lunch it was a nice day

Have a nice evening everyone
Old 07-21-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Evening All.

Mrs Treerat is starting a DVD so ...

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi, Treerat!

We've had a couple of peach trees for the last five years and there was never any fruit (I hear they were just in their "adolescent" phase: not mature enough for fruit).

Finally this year we got a lot of peaches. They were still a little hard. We were going to pick them in a couple of weeks.

This past Saturday we had a going away barbecue for a couple of our friends. The entire community group showed up, including their kids. One girl who is a notorious brat led the charge in picking all the peaches off the trees!

We let the kids have one apiece, then we tried a couple for ourselves. They were rock-hard, but very sweet! Looking forward to next year (we ate all four that were left over)!
Old 07-21-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening all! My Dixon of dock green impression, again!

Andy sounds like you have bountiful fruits to collect, very worthwhile. Hope you and Mrs Andy enjoy the dvd.

Hi Gilmer, peach trees sound good. You'll have the children picking them for you when they fruit again.

My husband told me what he did as a child and he used to eat apples from a tree in the village and leave the cores hanging! Mwaaaaa . I bet they wondered what sort of creature ate those, a wild one that's for sure.

Have a pleasant sleep see you tomorrow.