SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 27 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/370775-one-year-over-part-27-a.html)

Dee74 06-30-2015 10:15 PM

One Year & Over Part 27

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-26-a-20.html

D

Itchy 06-30-2015 10:54 PM

Thanks D!

OLL,
I agree with Mags. We are here.

I just checked and we signed the papers for the ne house in February and have been waiting since to dry out enough to do the foundation work.

Set back again. Today it rained almost five inches in two hours!

Someday. <sigh>

Treerat66 06-30-2015 11:43 PM

Good morning Overs.

Itchy - 4 months! wow.

Have a good day everyone.

feeling-good 07-01-2015 03:06 AM

Thanks Dee for the new thread! :)

Weather here in Scotland cannot decide what to do - will it be the heatwave as per the rest of the UK or will it thunder and rain..?!? Whichever it is, I am completely prepared for all eventualities :D

FBL 07-01-2015 04:48 AM

Hang in there, Wolfie. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one. Sorry that there's drama with some of the family members. The hotel sounds like a good idea. Just take it one step at a time and you'll get through it okay.

Itch, sorry to hear about the monsoon. We've got perfect summer weather here the next few days...sunny with highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s.

The Milwaukee bus drivers have called a "work stoppage" for the next 72 hours. I feel bad for those that depend on the bus to get around. Glad that my Toyota Corolla is a nice, reliable little car.

Have a great hump-day, overs!

OneLessLonely 07-01-2015 05:01 AM

Welcome airwick, get to it then! :)
Mags I hope the day off refreshed you a bit. Just as you encouraged me to "ramble", feel free to unload all the things going around your brain too.
Hi Dee, thanks for the new thread. Hope you're well.
Itchy I cannot how much more rain has come your way!!
Thinking of you Soberwolf.

Rusty Zipper 07-01-2015 05:19 AM

were with you sobe!

Gilmer 07-01-2015 05:23 AM

So sorry about the family drama, SW. You'd think a funeral would be a place to come together, not a place to pick at the bones!

You are wise to get a hotel. Not only will you have a neutral place to stay, but you will also have someplace to get away to escape the unpleasantness.

InParticular 07-01-2015 08:11 AM

HAPPY CANADA DAY, Dottie, umm, is that all the Canucks in here? Anyway happy Canada Day anyway! I have an idea for a special story I'm going to write for the paper...also I have a BIG idea brewing around in my head. It involves a bicycle and a video camera....:)

Mags-how are you feeling today? That's good about your meds, glad you're feeling good about it (are you?) I was sort of thinking about maybe giving pills a try again...I'm just so tired of feeling tired and down all the time. But, running is really helping so i'll slide with that for awhile....but it's good that you're reducing the dose, good for you.

I know how it feels to have "lots going on in your brain" it can become overwhelming.

Hi Wolfie, I'm glad you're checking here with us through your hard time. Just remember soon you'll be back in your own bed with Mrs. SW. You can get through this.

I saw a quote on Facebook yesterday: "You've survived 100% of your worst days so far. You're doing great."

I don't remember who said it.

FBL-Toyota Corolla, yeah! Me too. Mine's a beat up old '95, but what a great car! I thank the universe for that car every day. And you know it's amazing how many of that model you see around still. Just such a good dependable car.

Well I'm off to take pictures of some Canada Day festivities. Parade, etc. Hey there's a pancake breakfast, hmmmm.

Soberwolf 07-01-2015 08:23 AM

Thank you everyone

OneLessLonely 07-01-2015 08:48 AM

IP that's a great quote!

Mags1 07-01-2015 12:53 PM

Evening overs

Inpar I'm not so bad this evening, thanks, the old brain is settling down. I like that quote too!

Thanks OLL , I do ramble a fair bit, actually.

Hope everyone keeping cool in this hot weather, or warm in the cold weather! I must say we're having a lot of weather lately.

Soberwolf 07-01-2015 03:44 PM

Mrs sw isnt enjoying the heat at all she keeps saying its done something to my head lol maybe it has it does feel like im on holiday

Just wanted to say thanks again for being there for me

Itchy 07-01-2015 05:26 PM

Ahhh IP! ya beat me to it!

I logged on to wish you, and any others from that northern furrin country to us here in the lower 48 a HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Happy Canada day!

What Stephen Harper wants to tell you this Canada Day: What Stephen Harper wants to tell you this Canada Day | Toronto Star

For our fellow Americans and other non Canadians today, who aren't sure what that is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Day

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/canleaf3.gif http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...olarcanada.gif

IP great quote!

Glad y'all are doing!

I will post a pic of the floods in my front yard later. It was two feet deep and all around the dirt pad. Thankfully the rain let up after two hours of can't see the road from the front door rain.

Mags1 07-01-2015 08:32 PM

Morning overs.

Thanks for the info itchy.

I don't know why Fbl , but I always think of you as English?

It's been a very warm night, here, weather said thunderstorms in some areas, I was hoping for them, to clear the air.

Wolfie, I think I agree with Mrs Wolfie, I don't like too much heat. It can fry your brain, lol.

Have a good Friday Eve.

Treerat66 07-01-2015 11:57 PM

Good morning Overs.

Itchy - it may be too late but would it be worth going for an amphibious foundation?

Have a good day everyone.

tootsl1 07-02-2015 01:54 AM

Morning all, a bit sleepy today we had a thunderstorm rumbling around for hours last night, every time I started to relax another roll would go off waking me up! I had to bring Molly up to bed with me as she is terrified. Still, she is quieter in bed than hubby and slavers only slightly more!!!

Rusty Zipper 07-02-2015 03:19 AM

itch, invest in an Ark

Soberwolf 07-02-2015 04:37 AM

Sorry about all the floodwaters Itchy thank you for the info

Yes Mags mrs sw doesnt like the heat i used to but i think im more suited to winter

Its very muggy & humid here in London done my shopping got a lovely meal lined up for mrs sw we are having a long weekend together for some quality time as this week has been a hard week

Have a great day Overs

FBL 07-02-2015 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 5448485)
I don't know why Fbl , but I always think of you as English?

Thanks, Mags. That gave me a chuckle. I've never even been to the U.K. (in fact the only foreign country I've ever been to is Canada, and that hardly even counts), but I DO love several of the old British TV shows and a lot of the music as well.

Wolfie, keep hanging in there, bud.

Have a great Thursday, overs!