Do your best

Evening Overs
Old 07-17-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey guys,
3PM here! Hope all are doing!

Grats on 20 months Gil!

Wolf sorry about the graphics for the post about your two years!! I DK What happened there.

Toots and FG,
I'd trade weather in a New York Minute! 97° F today and dry but the weekend calls for 99°F ( 37° Celsius ) and humid!!!!!

OLL,
I'm with RZ and the rest. You have the best place in the world to be a little SA but to get over it. Try your first time just blurting out what you said above about being or feeling intimidated. It might help you if you write a few notes for yourself on a card or paper to read about what you want to say. I am great as a public speaker but too relaxed and after I sit down I realize I forgot this or that. See, even us folks who taught classes with sometimes more than 100 students, conducted ceremonies, and even TV and a lot of Mic work as a DJ ONSTAGE can be intimidated at an AA meeting the first time up! And I had to get them on the dance floor and happy drunk or sober!!

Think how a person might love the adrenaline rush of jumping out of perfectly good airplanes. And another might be terrified to the point of needing the automatic opener as they swooned.

The one who loves it and the other both experience the same thing. The Daredevil interprets the adrenaline as excitement, and trembles as much as the fearful one. Same adrenaline. The difference is how we interpret the stimulus. You'll be fine, just keep going and if you do want to speak first tell them how frightened and anxious you are in front of people. Your dinner table won't have more compassionate and caring people. The difference is you CAN talk to them about things you won't at home.

Early in my sobriety I wrote about my AA home group:

"I joined AA and just being able to talk without covering up exactly what I was and had done with others that accepted me for what I will be, not what I had been, was simply amazing. "

You will too if you choose. There is no hurry, Sober, we have the rest of our lives.

RZ! . I can relate! I use the Biblical method of typing - "Seek and ye shall find.

Well said Dee, I agree. The word deserve has no limits we don't impose on ourselves.

FBL,
Man, rev her up, give her a little of that body rubbing and friction with some wax and she'll feel like a new kid. Then rev her up and go!

Still not dry enough. Two days ago the truck without trailer attached made one inch ruts. Today I will try again.

Have a great weekend overs!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Pennsylvania went well. I'm all finished now. When I got home, I slept for three hours--and that was just in the afternoon!
Old 07-17-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It is finally dry enough!

I just hooked up to the RV and got it turned around and did not sink in the yard. I had a 30 amp circuit and outlet installed for it on the side of the workshop last week and when I went to plug it in found that the guy, with me watching, put the receptacle in upside down! No worries he is a friend too and is on his way over to measure for installing a new water line there too with a one foot deep trench he is going to dig in 100 degree weather 200 feet manually !

Gotta go check on him he just pulled up.

Tentative date to do the new house is Tuesday the 28th!
Old 07-17-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

How wonderful, Itch! Congratulations!
Old 07-17-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
instant

Hi everyone. Im doing good. Hope you are all truckin !!
Old 07-17-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Instant!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Plug re oriented and tomorrow we put in the water spigot for the shop and the RV. I called and scheduled the new home for the Tuesday the 28th, 12 days from now and the construction and installation of the new house will go about 4-6 weeks. That's all we have to live in the RV for.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Magsie

Things are looking up, itchy! I'm pleased to hear.(especially for your friend digging the trench, lol.)

Saturday morning, 5.15 am. I love this time of day. Everything around me is quiet. Even the birds aren't on the tree yet which is unusual for them.

We go to a wedding do, just the evening part next Saturday and we are staying over at the venue, just for the night. Wortley hall in Wortley near Sheffield. It looks a nice place. I've got an automatic feeder for my cat which has a recording of my voice and opens one of four compartments on a timer. So he should be ok for a few hours left alone! He has a cat flap.

I'm trying to cut down on my sugar intake, which is mainly ice cream. Since the asthma meds I've piled on weight eating ice cream and sometimes chocolate and cake! This has to stop! I've cut out the cake and chocolate but don't seem to be able to cut out completely on ice cream. I stopped drinking! I thought that was the hardest thing to do, but then again I was spurred on cos I wanted to stop drinking, I don't want to stop eating ice cream and the old cholesterol has gone up.what to do.

Have a good Saturday, my friends.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Mags I find it difficult to go more than a day without chocolate. Never used to bother, could take or leave it but the present Mr T has a sweet tooth and has 'he
Ped' me to develop mine over the years!! I do need to focus on my intake at the moment though as we are going on holiday at the end of August and I'd prefer a 'beach body' to a 'beached whale' which is nearer my current look!

Good luck with the plans Itchy!

Good to see you Instant, how's things?

Hi Andy , FBL , Zip, Gilmer, FG, et al have a great weekend! Xx
Old 07-18-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lol, know what you mean, toots. We're starting at a new gym in August or September when it opens. It's on the way home so hopefully go straight from work and get some pounds lost.

When I used to run ( my knee doesn't like me running now) but I could eat what I wanted, burned the calories off, I wish it was so now. Oh for a flat 'as an ironing board' stomach. Lol.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

thats a lot of dig'n itch, hope your friend doesn't get heatstroke
Old 07-18-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope it all goes well Itch

Hello to all the Overs
Old 07-18-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Evening All.

Itchy - great news.

Instant -

OLL - 13 daughters lol, two are plenty. I do have a DS18.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

A DS 19 is a Citroėn but what is a DS 18?

Old 07-18-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 07-18-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs hope you had a good nights sleep.

Andy, are you the proverbial taxi, yet, I hear dads talk of, ferrying your son and daughters to all kinds of events? At all hours? Lol.

How's the birds feeding, Wolfie? Not many small birds here yesterday due to the windy weather. In my minds eye I've got plans for a bird table extraordinaire ! To feed, water and protect them! Then I remember they're wild creatures, like their freedom, so I carry on doing my bit of food and water.

Drake, you're funny, lol. DS 18, lol.

What is it about things, music, voices, pictures, that touch your heart and you fall instantly in love with it. I find this with some music where I can just love pieces of music and abhor others. Say, for instance, the piece of music 'Clara' from Doctor Who, I love it. They play snippets of it through the programme when Clara was the doctors friend. But when I watched music from doctor who at Albert hall on TV , other pieces of music I'd never heard but seen the programme but they didn't register in my brain.

I can hear it raining, I'm still sat in bed with a glass of water and a sleeping husband! Forecast is rain all day in our corner of the world.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:26 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Oh and statues and paintings. I remember being in the Cairo museum standing in front of a statue of a young pharaoh. I cannot explain why this particular statue of the specific pharaoh touched me among all those other similar images. Likewise I am not particularly religious and have been around more than my fair share of castles and cathedrals and churches,mbut something about Salisbury Cathedral always touches me. Long after my first visit I read the book Sarum by Edward Rutherford, and it made me feel even more attached!
I may look at upwards of a thousand works of art, artefacts and jewellery in a museum, and a handful of object d'art will stand out for their own specific unquantifiable reason. Much the same with music. I feel with art of all genres, the artist puts some of their soul in certain pieces and that is what cries out in poignancy to the artist in each of us.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

And Andy, 13 daughters would have been reason enough to drink!!
Old 07-19-2015, 12:33 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Magsie

Yeah, so true toots , I like some works of art and some statues, but would you class the fountains in Italy as statues, I suppose they are. Gorgeous.

13 daughters, if Andy had had that many he could have had a women's football team and they may have won against Japan! Lol.