Notices

One Year & Over Part 27

Old 07-24-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

enjoy the day/night
Old 07-24-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Hello all! Is it ok to join you? I'm two and a half years sober next week and I've been thinking about posting here for some time, but now that my lovely friend petals has made the leap, I thought I would too!

I recognise lots of you as fellow gratties, so I know this will be a good and active place!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hey, Lump! Of course you can join us here...always room for more overs

Speaking of wildlife...there's apparently a mountain lion on the loose in Milwaukee these days! Someone actually got some grainy footage of it waltzing through a city neighborhood. Maybe I'll spot it on one of my "nature" walks.

Have a great Friday, overs!
Old 07-24-2015, 05:48 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go on your upcoming 2.5 milestone HL welcome to Overs
Old 07-24-2015, 06:16 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

to the Overs HL!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Headlump. Welcome to the overs.

I hope the mountain lion is friendly, fbl, take some meat with you, just in case, lol.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Do your best

Moutain lions FBL walking through the neighbourhood be careful on your nature walk

Afternoon Overs
Old 07-24-2015, 08:39 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Mags I hope you can enjoy the wedding and that it's a quick trip with no cat-astrophes. Yeah I said it I'm sure the kitty will be fine.
Welcome headlump! Grats on 2.5 years!
So I texted someone from the meetings I've been going to and didnt hear back. Of course it could be she didn't get it or something is going on keeping her from responding but of course my brain goes immediately to rejection of me. Blah. We've had a busy week and I've had too much coffee (which is any at all) so I'm just on edge and anxiety is ramping up. Should go to something tomorrow but don't want to and feel guilty. Blah blah blah. Just a day of sitting with my discomfort which I'm still not good at.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Do your best

(((((oll)))))
Old 07-24-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Here's an update on our mountain lion:

Old 07-24-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

OLL. Sadly, I know how you feel.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Do your best

I cant fathom having a mountain lion on the loose i love the way the reporter says dont try & catch it ??? lol feel sorry for the cat the lion got

In all seriousness though please take care FBL that lion looked massive

Are you ok Drake ?

Old 07-24-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

TGIF!! What a busy week at work it's been. I've certainly made up for my time off the week before! Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
Old 07-24-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Do your best

Friday night trying to get mrs sw on sons of anarchy the channel started screening seasons 4&6 but i might get the boxset any other suggestions for boxset shows that are good

Speak soon Overs
Old 07-24-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome Petals and Lump!

IP good for you!

RZ? Nyetski?

FBL,
That is a trip! We used to get scrambled at the Air Force Academy Colorado as wildlife control team members to go home, get into hunting gear seasonally appropriate, load up my 7mm Magnum, then standoff and follow bears, cougars, and any odd behaving elk or mulies that wandered in from the Front Range. Our job was to stay between them and housing student areas. We've never had to shoot any but have had to shoot near them to get their attention and get them running back over the hills they came down from.

Mags,
You just be you, I love your zany side.

Toots,
You do keep the woof and warp in sync wherever you are.

Drake,
Sorry you're feeling shaky.

Oll,
Oh dear, don't you realize a lot of the time we feel someone rejected us, they are intimidated and need a little encouragement.

No, the shootings in Louisiana were far from us, and no one we knew personally. We mourn the loss of those two precious young ladies that were killed along with the rest of the folks here..

Sorry I've been absent, lots happening here. My MIL who recently rallied after cancer has been going downhill again. My wife's been carrying them to CAT scans and MRI scans and this past Tuesday were told she has three weeks to three months max left. So we've arranged hospice at home, and she will be on morphine and other addictive pain meds without worrying about them.

Our sons are flying in to say their goodbyes. My FIL has undiagnosed Alzheimer's and will be our problem after. MIL was keeping him in line and asked us to let him keep his dignity. We both anticipate problems with him alone.

Our new home starts Wednesday, and we move into the RV for the next six weeks. We are trying to get our stuff ready for the move. The reason I've been off is finishing the waterline and building the concrete spigot splash/run off. Yesterday we pried out and picked up all the pavers and walkway flagstone, and pulled the copper gas lines that went to our old whole house generator. The decorative paver blocks made a stack eight feet long, three wide, and three feet high. Too expensive to leave to be broken. Today we finished concrete work and serviced the A/C on top of the RV, then it looked so dirty with the run off we washed and polished it. It was 101° I just saw on the news. I hired a local electrician who said he'd be happy for extra laborer wages. 5.5 hrs yesterday, 6.5 today, both hard labor in the heat. Man is he worth it. I can't do the block lifting like yesterday, but I can stupidvise!

We have to wait until Wednesday to find out if the cable folks will run it to our RV for that month or if I'll have to activate a USB 4GLTE data plan. In any event we may be off line for a month effectively.

Like Ah-Nold, I'll be back.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Awww sorry to hear about your MIL. Wishing her to be pain free and at peace.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

I am fine all, thanks for the concern. I should have been more clear in my response to OLL. "I have been there" would have been a more precise response. I have stewed over someone not getting back to me, thinking they hate me or I have said something wrong. Anxiety has been my life long friend.

But tonight, all ok.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, hope you're all well.

Wolfie, have you seen Luther, think there's season 1&2 , 3 is coming out on TV in Autumn. Gotta watch it from beginning tho, Alice, for me is the star. She isn't in series 3 tho, other commitments. A bit of mind games, if you like that sort of thing, wrapped in murder.

Itchy, you work harder than most in our workshop at work! Sorry to hear about your MIL, it's a terrible disease I hope they soon find a cure for. What next for your FIL? My husbands uncle has Alzheimer's and it is heartbreaking for the family and themselves. He doesn't even know his wife of 60 years. So sad. It can be a strain on you and your SOH, take care.

Don't worry about what you say or if we misconstrued it, Drake. We're all people who have been through the mill 'we've got broad shoulders'.

Last night I was craving ice cream, I wondered if sugar is as addictive as alcohol, I'm sure it is in its own category. Anyways, I went to bed hungry, it won't hurt me, good for the soul, and all that.

It's 5.15 am and all is still. I don't like to tell everyone how fabulous early mornings are, they might catch on! Lol.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sugar absolutely is addictive the food companies have known that for years,miss why they put sugar in foodstuffs you wouldn't expect it.

I hope you enjoy today, don't worry, even if puss went without one or two meals, he wouldn't starve, but that's not going to happen.

Drake I hope your voice holds out for the season sweetie.

I used to worry more, but about the only use my ex h had was to make me realise that worrying never changed an outcome. It will happen or it won't happen. Worrying about it is just a waste of energy. Enjoy the wedding whatever dress you wear ( and if it's your birthday suit made sure you have handbag and shoes to match!! )

OLL, there could be any reason for her not contacting you, but the fact she fave a number meant she wasn't averse to hearing from you. If a friendship is meant it will happen sweetie. You are a good, brave and strong person anyone would be happy to have a friend like you.

Welcome HeadLump, fetch yourself a coffee and pull up a chair. I think Mags baked some cakes before heading for the wedding!

Wolfie I like the sound of that documentary,mwell look out for it. Molly would sure love it, I put Countryfile on every Sunday for her so she can 'talk' to the sheep that are inevitably on there! I watched the first two seasons on S of A but lost track of the next series and dropped away.

FBL a mountain lion is perhaps not the kind of nature you want to come face to face with on your nature walk! Take care ( and a ball of wool.... If you do come face to face, throw the wool ! )

PK hope you get some down time over the weekend, nothing like a busy week to make us forget the benefits of a week off eh?

Itchy, sounds,like everything's on track for you house wise, sorry your MIL is deteriorating I hope she doesn't suffer. I'm sure you have contingency plans in place for FIL when they are needed.

Not much going down in Tootsvile, no lions or wolves. Just a sober Toots.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lol, toots, you are funny. Cakes all round xx