Notices

One Year & Over Part 27

Old 07-06-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Drake, enjoy the jury service.

Toots, cringeworthy, wasn't we! Oh we're so above that now, lol

Zippy, hope you're soon running around like a two year old!

Hiya Wolfie,, hope all goes as well as it can be expected today.

Inpar, hope you have a great weekend with dad.

Itchy, are you getting ready to Go on a journey with the RV? Enjoy!

Tuesday 6 am ish. Jumping in the shower and handing off to work soon.

Hope it's a good day for all of us. Take care.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:27 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I just got into an argument with the guy I'm seeing, we were talking about alcoholism (he is one too, quit a year ago I think) and he was saying how he could have a six pack and be fine, and I kind of got pissy about it and we sort of fought. I just don't see how he could think that. He thinks it is different from person to person. I mean.....he's wrong, right? Also he had a shot of whiskey when he was on vacation last month...should I be worried? I don't want to go down some yucky road.

OH, Itchy, thank you for that bootstraps comment...I really needed that actually. I have been sort of down lately about my life. And yeah, I DID pull myself up by my bootstraps! Thanks
Old 07-06-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think every alcoholic has that thought at sometime, IP.
but yeah - I think he's wrong - I'll stake my extensive experience on it.

D
Old 07-06-2015, 11:46 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Re-Member

YW IP,
X2 with Dees answer. Remember how you couldn't quit for others, and no other could make you? He will or won't go down his own "yucky road." you can't make him take a different road. He has to draw that conclusion for himself. You can't save him, however like us, he can save himself.

I've seen and tried moderation. Ain't happening.

He will learn the hard way, or the easy.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Noooo, not yet! We are going to live in it on our property while they do the dirt pad, concrete and bring in the manufactured home. They'll pull out the on we are in now, and we won't have a place to live for four to six weeks. My workshop has power so e can stay here and since the water and sewer will be out of service we will have to pull out every few days to go dump used water and take on fresh. Later we go to laser spinal institute in Florida or Oklahoma City and stay in it for the five day recovery for each surgery.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:03 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

IP I feel he is trying to convince himself, now that he had distance from his previous struggles, that he could moderate. If there was a way for us drunks to mores rate, heck we'd all be at it. All you can do is protect yourself from his self delusions and don't Allow your AV to listen to his. And I totally agree with Itchy your dad must be so proud of you for all you have achieved - alone in sobriety.

Hugs all x
Old 07-07-2015, 02:57 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I've got a self indulgent pity party going here. My neck has joined forces with my feet and kicked the painkillers into touch. Caught myself thinking that I would feel better smashed I gave myself a good smack.

Four hours until I can take the stronger painkillers the Doc prescribed 'just in case'. The leaflet in the box reads like chemical warfare

InPar - I'm sure your Dad will be proud of you, I know I would be.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:38 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hop[e you feel better soon Andy
Old 07-07-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Andy, hope you feel better soon.

IP, I'm in agreement with the others here. No such thing as "just a few" in my world.

Itch, I'm watching the actual Bowery Boys series. These just came out on DVD over the past couple of years. The Dead End Kids films haven't yet been officially released, although I'd like to check those out too. I never got into the Bowery Boys as a kid...I was more of a Little Rascals/Three Stooges kinda guy

Have a great Tuesday, gang!
Old 07-07-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

In my county you have to call in the night before to check if you are needed for jury duty. I called and was greeted with a "..cancelled, you have no further jury obligation".

Not so much that I object to the concept, it was just a hassle to me at this time. I have been fighting the desire to withdraw and isolate, which always leads to me indulging in some kind of addictive behavior. I immediately dread having to interact with people or be in a crowd. I was supposed to meet folks for dinner at a usually crowded restaurant last night, but the storms hit at the same time and most decided not to come. Needless to say, I was relieved yet I always enjoy myself when I do go.. I know... makes no sense.

Rained like crazy here last night, we could feel the storms coming. Hot hot hot and so humid I changed shirts about 3 times yesterday after being outside. Then it blew in and the city was swamped. Tornadoes and funnel clouds were around but little damage. More damage from flash flooding actually. Actually quite chilly this AM... odd summer weather here.

There is a church behind me that has a small pond with a fountain, I know I heard frogs last night when out late with HRH Olive. So I assume some had found the pond. I don't see them much in the city so they must have floated in.

Feel better soon Andy

And a big to the Overs!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I'm glad you escaped jury duty, Drake!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

yep, i'm a lefty itch

and thanks mags!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

The stronger tablets are starting to work but I'm not sure I'll take another one -
tablets may be linked to a small increased risk of heart attack or stroke.
Common side effects: headache; dizziness; vomiting; nausea; aches and pains in the stomach area; constipation or diarrhoea; gas or heartburn; ulcers or bleeding in the stomach or intestines.
And the classic line:
If you vomit blood or have blood in your stools, stop taking the tablets and tell your doctor.
Would you buy a used car from the guy who wrote this?

I'm feeling much better. I think they had to put this warning in the paper work.

Have a good afternoon.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Haha, if you vomit blood tell your doctor. That is dark. Yikes Andy those must be some pills.
I'm going to see the guy tonight, and you know I'm going to not say anything. It's his thing.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Andy I hope your pain improves soon with the least amount of need for those tablets.
Not sure how recently I've posted here. But my H is off work for the week so we've been having some good family time and getting some good stuff done around the house and yard.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hope you get sorted soon, Andy.

OLL , sounds like you and H and family having some Good quality time together.

Inpar, might be a Good idea not to say anything. Thing is, we've saved ourselves we want to save the world and his wife, too, but, that's not our jobs.

Sorry, itchy, I recall you saying now.. An adventure on your own property.

Evening all. Hehe, that just reminded me of an old English TV problem, can anyone remember what it was. Lol.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Yup, top of the tree is one own's sobriety, for sure

We have had some heavy rain here in Scotland, but no floods where I am which is good.

I wish you all a pain free, straight-forward and uncomplicated day / evening.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone! Good to see you are all still alive and kicking. I haven't checked in for what seems like forever. I'm fast approaching 3 years of sobriety. Yay, me!
Old 07-07-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi, PippoRossi! Congratulations on your sobriety time!
Old 07-07-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
instant

Hi everyone. Been away and been busy etc It is interesting how the whole alcohol/alcoholic/drinking thing fades into the background when you commit to sobriety and get used to it. Plenty of opportunity to drink away on business last week.

IP- I did the whole "I can moderate" too many times- wasted at least 10 years perfecting it- even when I could do it there was no fun to be had- always that deep nagging of wanting more. Looking normal for a while is not the same as being normal- and I could never sustain it anyway- it always led to a "&&&k it" moment and then it was all on (again)