Old 06-11-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Marchers
Old 06-11-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
love is the answer

All is well with me too.

Still working hard on my attitude and I feel a world away from the person who posted almost 3 months ago in desperation that it was too hard. I am proving to myself daily that I can do hard things despite my negative self talk which keeps telling me the opposite.

I'm going for an interview at the local women's refuge this morning. I applied to do some voluntary work a few weeks ago and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can be of service in some way.

Everyone is doing brilliantly.

Wishing everyone a fabulous day.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Pouncer, I hope your project ends nicely and am glad to hear that your thoughts are moving away from the alcohol yet further.

100 days is amazing, Bobcat. As for your question on eating, I have no good answer except to report that my calorie intake is higher than it should be at the moment. There are a lot of details like this that in my life could use attention, though to pressure myself about all of them at once might drive me to drink.

Secretary, I am amazed you could be around drinkers. You are strong and getting stronger, and I know you will succeed and inspire others with your success! I still avoid drinkers, though such a strategy is at best short-term unless I make agoraphobia a lifestyle.

Djinn, your consistent presence is like a rock for the March folder. At this point, I feel we here are a team. Congratulations on navigating being around alcohol at the friend-farewell event. I am not sure I would have done as well, but am moving towards a plan of reintegrating myself into social situations.

Immri, I too feel guilty about avoiding friends and messages and calls. However, through isolation I have the reverse problem in that I am getting too much done. Without interruptions caused by going out with people, I tend to over-focus to the point of collapse. A strange problem! Unfortunately--or maybe fortunately?--much of my effort is just "what I like to do" and not income-driven, because otherwise I would be getting rich. Ha ha!

Happy to Believe, I empathize with you in that I get zonk-attacks which nowadays I cannot dismiss as merely alcohol related. Removing alcohol from the equation, however, simplifies determining next steps. I hope your doctor visit results in a good next step for you, a step towards more energy and activities.

Niktes, that is awesome news about the new poetry book. Please do not forget to congratulate yourself, even as we Marchers also congratulate you.

Mystified, you are really great for volunteering, and in general, for powering through the tough moments. It is inspirational to hear. I need to do more of what that saying says: "feel the fear but do it anyway!"
Old 06-12-2015, 04:57 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's been a great journey for you all - have a good weekend guys

D
Old 06-13-2015, 07:11 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
Hello everybody! Check in week, yes? It's been a long time since I've last come online. I've been thinking of and rooting for all you every day. Sounds like there have been some bumps in the road for some. I send all good energies your ways.

All ok here. Been keeping busy, writing some, and finally, finally sent off a manuscript of poetry. It'll be out in fall 2016. The sadness and depression has almost lifted -- still feel blue from time to time. No anxiety though. How good to wake up each morning and not succumb to the dread. xo!
Hey Nik! Been awhile. Good to see you back around. Congrats on the manuscript! I can only imagine how good it feels to know it's gonna be published. Congrats on staying sober too, YOU ROCK!
Old 06-13-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Congrats Marchers
How are you these days wolf?
Old 06-13-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
All is well with me too.

Still working hard on my attitude and I feel a world away from the person who posted almost 3 months ago in desperation that it was too hard. I am proving to myself daily that I can do hard things despite my negative self talk which keeps telling me the opposite.

I'm going for an interview at the local women's refuge this morning. I applied to do some voluntary work a few weeks ago and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can be of service in some way.

Everyone is doing brilliantly.

Wishing everyone a fabulous day.
That's awesome! We need more people in the world that are willing to volunteer their time to help others in need. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-13-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Haven't checked in in a couple of days. Sorry for that. We were on the road and I'm trying to conserve my mobile data so I don't run into those horrendous per megabyte charges. *shiver*

Anyway, we are doing well and making great time with our trip. I am 61 days sober! Still a bit under the weather but I'm trying to ignore it and enjoy the trip anyway. I'll probably never get to do something like this again.

Hope all my fellow Marchers are having a great weekend as well. Keep up the good work you guys! This is me, signing out, and Marching on. :P
Old 06-13-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
100 days is amazing, Bobcat.
Thanks for you note Mel. That was nice of you to post something about everyone that way.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Ya know, having had bosses I've loved and those I've loathed, I have to say that more often than not it's the latter. Unfortunately, great bosses are hard to come by.
Hi Spirit. I agree with your assessment--great bosses ARE hard to come by. Sometimes I think it is just luck of the draw if you get a great one or a not-so-great one. You just have to roll with it and do the best you can. But if a not-so-great one is adversely affecting one's career (currently the case with me), that means it is time to look for a better work situation. I have to be the one acting to improve my life, instead of waiting to get fired or laid off (or whatever the term is in Corporate America now).
Old 06-13-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post

Hi Spirit. I agree with your assessment--great bosses ARE hard to come by. Sometimes I think it is just luck of the draw if you get a great one or a not-so-great one. You just have to roll with it and do the best you can. But if a not-so-great one is adversely affecting one's career (currently the case with me), that means it is time to look for a better work situation. I have to be the one acting to improve my life, instead of waiting to get fired or laid off (or whatever the term is in Corporate America now).
I didn't realize your situation was that bad Bobcat. I have to agree with you then, it probably is time to move on. But, there's nothing wrong with that in the least. It's your life and your career and you should be happy and successful! Let's face it, we spend MOST of our adult lives at a job and if it's something that we detest and despise, we are literally wasting our lives. I hope that whatever you decide, will better you in your life and career. Keep us posted please!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Djinn, I hope you enjoyed your trip! Made it safe?

And good luck Bobcat. I hope some good options surface for you soon. It's stressful to be in that situation. I feel for you.

Mystified -- any update on the position? My fingers are crossed!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
Djinn, I hope you enjoyed your trip! Made it safe?

And good luck Bobcat. I hope some good options surface for you soon. It's stressful to be in that situation. I feel for you.

Mystified -- any update on the position? My fingers are crossed!
So far so good Nik. Still on the road but we are almost done. It's been a crazy ride! :P
Old 06-16-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Hi all,

It seems that my skills can be put to good use doing admin in the finance department at the refuge so I'm attending an induction later in the month and will likely start early July. I'll keep you updated.

I'm currently clock watching waiting for bedtime. I had a 4am start this morning and I'm pretty much wiped out now (8.30pm).

Hoping my fellow marchers are doing well.

3 months tomorrow. I'm pretty chuffed about that.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Hi all,

It seems that my skills can be put to good use doing admin in the finance department at the refuge so I'm attending an induction later in the month and will likely start early July. I'll keep you updated.

I'm currently clock watching waiting for bedtime. I had a 4am start this morning and I'm pretty much wiped out now (8.30pm).

Hoping my fellow marchers are doing well.

3 months tomorrow. I'm pretty chuffed about that.
Congrats on 3 months! That's awesome!
Old 06-16-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Well Marchers, my family and I made it home all the way across the country! I can finally see a sky full of stars again and fireflies over the fields and hear the crickets chirping. Simply beautiful!
Old 06-17-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Well Marchers, my family and I made it home all the way across the country! I can finally see a sky full of stars again and fireflies over the fields and hear the crickets chirping. Simply beautiful!
Glad you made it safely to your destination!
Old 06-17-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good trip Spirit.

Congrats on the job, Mystified. Hopefully it will be a rewarding experience for you.

I'm doing good myself. Up to Day 109. Happy about that...
Old 06-17-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Oh this makes me smile! Sounds so lovely (and I've never seen fireflies! How cool. Crickets are my favourite though) but even more so you just sound very happy which is wonderful!

And Mel - I'm exactly the same, I have to work on not getting too burnt out from my own manic work, but at least we're being productive? Haha could be worse

I'm doing good here, had a really down day recently but didn't let drinking even be an option and just gave myself a day to watch movies and sleep and let it pass - I was mostly better the next day so I'll be keeping this in mind for the future
Old 06-19-2015, 08:26 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Bobcat17 View Post
Glad you had a good trip Spirit.

Congrats on the job, Mystified. Hopefully it will be a rewarding experience for you.

I'm doing good myself. Up to Day 109. Happy about that...
109 days. Wow! A-mazing!