View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 11:47 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
secretary

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
*heavy sigh* It's not been an easy day Marchers. There was this poor stray cat that wandered onto my property. The poor thing was in really bad shape; emaciated, fleas, snot coming from it's nose and one eye, etc. I couldn't keep it for fear of my pets getting sick and I couldn't afford the vet bills either. I spent all morning trying to find a shelter and they were all full or just not willing to take on a sick cat. So, as a final, last course of action, I had the poor thing put down by a local vet. I feel absolutely TERRIBLE that I couldn't show the poor guy a little love before he went. But, I couldn't run the risk of putting my pets in danger. I haven't wanted a drink this badly in months... It's a crying shame that life has to be so cruel, and in doing so has used my hands to enact such cruelty...
You did the right thing. Even if you could afford the vet, they might not have been able to save him. It's always hard playing God by putting an animal down, but I truly think you made the best choice. And karma will smile on you for even taking the time you did with this poor creature. Stay strong!