Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 9

Old 05-26-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
This is something I ran into early on with some erroneous thought my sister had in her 20's. As an employee in the corporate world, she confidently revealed a deep secret,,,,, , " Top, ..there's two kinds of workers, some work with their hands, and some work with their brains" Twenty years later , I reminded her of that notion , and she sincerely apologized, ...realizing just how asinine the thought was, and is. I mean , everyone knows master craftsman are mindless idiots. And for that matter , I guess all great musicians who use their hands must be too !!
interesting angle lol I like it
Old 05-26-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

I think we've all kinda been around a while...we all have a few dents and scrapes and chips, maybe a few coats of paint...but all that adds to the character of who we are today.

It all tells the story of where we've been and how we got to where we are today...and we're all nonetheless valuable to someone.

Every piece is unique, jut like every story and each one of us, is.
That's the definition of special to me

Don't regret the past - it got us here.

D

I love this analogy Dee !!

so true,,,

Adna ,
Wonderful poem , ....thanks

For me " not doing something" ...didn't seem to be "doing anything" at all really. It seemed antithetical to my usual thoughts about challenges , and accomplishments. But , I really think that is just more of my sneaky AV today.

I agree , with the notion , I shouldn't walk around waving a flag , wanting gold stars for not drinking , because for me it's a moral issue. So , since I never wanted a gold star for example ; ..... not holding up an old lady in the street, or a bank, .....

But , with my background with alcohol , it really is a big deal not to drink today, .... considering the alternative.

I just keep it to myself, ......

... and yackety yak on about it here , I guess , LOL

Izzy , when the rubber's hittin' the road , if it's gonna be Little Debbie's

...then Little Debbies it is !?!

good job !!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Wonderful presentation Applekat !!!

Pretty
Old 05-26-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Solitary.. Misfits is probably my favorite band of all time
Old 05-26-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

That analogy from Dee reminds me a of Johnny Cash's "ragged old flag". I posted that song on FB today for Memorial Day
Old 05-26-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Grow friends, grow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (42.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 05-26-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Hi everyone!

I hope your memorial day thingy today went well.

For all the people who are having troubles forgiving yourselves, I really hope that you can learn to not be so hard on yourselves. I kind of have the same problem (perfectionistic thinking, and a tendency towards all-or-nothing thinking), but at the same time, I do love myself... I've had to really wrap my head around this imperfection thing.
All the people I look up to and think are perfect - they're just as messy and imperfect, too. And this idealised life where I am flawless and do everything well? Doesn't exist. But I (and you all) are lovable just how you are. We all deserve love. From ourselves especially! Hugs to you all.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Well trying to sleep didn't work.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Well trying to sleep didn't work.
lol don't you just LOVE that!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
Hi everyone! I hope your memorial day thingy today went well. For all the people who are having troubles forgiving yourselves, I really hope that you can learn to not be so hard on yourselves. I kind of have the same problem (perfectionistic thinking, and a tendency towards all-or-nothing thinking), but at the same time, I do love myself... I've had to really wrap my head around this imperfection thing. All the people I look up to and think are perfect - they're just as messy and imperfect, too. And this idealised life where I am flawless and do everything well? Doesn't exist. But I (and you all) are lovable just how you are. We all deserve love. From ourselves especially! Hugs to you all.
i actually hate myself, pretty badly, it's not a strive for perfection, I just wish I wasn't me, anyone else but me
Old 05-26-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

I'm sorry to hear that, SolitaryThinker. I'm just trying to understand is all. *hugs*

I really hope someday (soon!) you can love yourself.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Solitary.. Misfits is probably my favorite band of all time
me too for sure, never met Danzig but met Michel graves and jerry only, their lyrics are the best lol, they did a Halloween show in manhattan and came down after and hung out with the crowd, so amazing
Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that, SolitaryThinker. I'm just trying to understand is all. *hugs* I really hope someday (soon!) you can love yourself.
thank you <3
Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that, SolitaryThinker. I'm just trying to understand is all. *hugs* I really hope someday (soon!) you can love yourself.
im glad your here as well still and fighting every day to stay away as well!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Thank you SolitaryThinker.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

I met Jerry a couple of times. Didn't get to hang out with him but I got some good pics. They're really cool to their fans. I love Michael Graves voice. Famous Monsters is one of my favorite albums. They're all good but I prefer post Danzig Misfits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (83.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 05-26-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I think I am going to try and go back to bed. Maybe I can actually fall asleep this time.

Thanks for what you said earlier Adna.

Love you all.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

It's the story of my life, the BBQ doesn't come out until the vegetarian has gone to bed!
I could have brought some home made bean burgers, they wouldn't contaminate the sausages, honest.

I've read through all of the nights posts, and I'm so grateful to you all.

Self acceptance is key to finding happiness. If we could just see ourselves from the perspective of a loving parent we might see things differently. However I'm not sure it's even possible for a human parent to be totally unconditionally loving, so even that idea doesn't really work.

I think having a faith is very helpful, to try to see oneself through the eyes of the creator, whether that be God, or nature itself.

This is such an important topic.
A good question could be, "if I really loved myself what would I do now, what would I be saying to myself, how would I know that I was cared for and loved?"

My rule of thumb is if I wouldn't say it to my best friend, then I don't say it to myself.

Adna, thank you for that lovely poem, it gave me goose bumps (pardon the pun). I'll copy it out tonight when I get home.

Everyone's thoughts about this have been enlightening to me, so thank you.

Please, please today if a thought creeps in to anyone's head that they are anything less than the beautiful self that they actually are, please banish that malicious thought and replace it with something loving, something you'd say to your best friend.

I love Dees analogy. I see myself as "shabby chic", it's very fashionable over here, the more old paint peeling off, the better.

Have a loving day everyone.
See you later.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Jo San Lionhearts....
Day 31,
Quick note today, healing time with the wife.
Hope all are well,
more stories to come......
passing tests here....!
Old 05-27-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I met Jerry a couple of times. Didn't get to hang out with him but I got some good pics. They're really cool to their fans. I love Michael Graves voice. Famous Monsters is one of my favorite albums. They're all good but I prefer post Danzig Misfits.
"these cigarettes are killing me, force away the pulse"
That album is awesome I seriously thought I was the only person to own/listen to the return to earth album, nothing like it out there for sure. The entire horror punk genre is awesome to me. Have you heard volbeat? They are a metal band from Denmark and heavily influenced by the misfits, more metal tho and def influenced by Metallica too, they are pretty damn awesome