Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 9

Old 05-27-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Izzy/3777 - I love Yoda speak!

UP - you KNOW everything we're tellin ya. Keep your head on straight and your chin up. You are doing awesome, and we are so thankful you are here with us.

Here's a little game for anyone interested - something I do sometimes to keep my mood lifted. Or lightened at least. I'm too busy and life moves too fast to be fixated on 'hating' things, so this is what I do - I spin the negative and make a goal.

Start small or superficial -

I strongly dislike the shape of my body right now, carrying about 15 extra pounds and I swear it's just in all the wrong places. But this body helped me carry and deliver two bundles of joy. And my feet and lungs can carry me through a 5K now when it couldn't a year ago. My next goal is to complete my 21 day workout DVD plan (30 min/day) without taking days off for hangovers this time around.

I really dislike my stubby fingers/nails. But these fingers/nails can play a few instruments, and I met my amazing hubby in marching band. I swear, marching band was the cool thing to do in high school My next goal is to paint my nails every couple of evenings to hopefully help my nails grow. (This sounds so silly as I write it out. Oh well. I think it stems from being a little OCD.)

I am not happy at all about the weeds around our house and general disarray. But we have spent the last few rare sunny weekend days with family, friends, and especially our kids, together, instead of tending the house. My next goal is to get the kids little gardening gloves and have them help for short periods of time, and plant their own flower.

Say it with me now - "Woosah."
Old 05-27-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Overwhelmd,
That sounds like a dream job! What a place to work. One of my life's ambitions is to see the Grand Canyon, congratulations to your hubby for listening to his heart.

You sound really upbeat and on target for your birthday present.

Stunning work!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Overwhelmd - Well done at 51 days!! Inspiring.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Hi! No time to read but I hope everyone else is okay!

I feel like a spinning top. Can't drop this UP without forfeiting all my tuition and unfortunately, since I'm doing the bulk of this taking classes off my savings, I really can't afford to drop it right now. I really want to be able to do it.

I find the closer I get to this lab the more I feel like I'm spinning. I accidentally bumped into the lab teacher and ran away before he saw me and felt like I was going to throw up in fear. Which I know is a totally crazy response. But I feel like I'm in fight or flight. I keep trying to call people but everyone's at work and I feel like I wish I had someone to talk me down and tell me everything is okay. I know I'll feel better after lab today, I just wish I didn't feel like I was being chased by rabid animals for the next two hours in the meantime.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Kat, I love that idea, turning things around to focus on the blessings, and then identify a positive actionable goal.

I can definitely start to do that.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Rocks - Just keep fighting. Check in at SR we're here for you. Get through lab and get home.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Rocks, does the school have any medical or counselling service for students?

I'm wondering if it might be possible to get some help from the school if they knew what you've been trying to deal with?
Old 05-27-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Didn't make it this week-end friends - At work now & will post tonight.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Not a bad idea. I'm not a degree seeking student, just taking classes piecemeal for grad school pre-reqs (classes I have to do well in, which is why I feel like I'm under a lot of pressure), so I don't think I'm offered a lot of university services. But it can't hurt to ask. I don't feel like I'm going to run off and go drink or anything. I just kind of want to curl up in a dark hole. And that I'm being kind of reactionary maybe as a cry for help? I clearly need to talk someone about all of this, I'm just not sure where to start.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Rocks, if there are such options, then every student should be entitled to benefit from them.

Do you think you'll be able to find out today?

You certainly won't be the only student with these issues, and its in the schools interests to help you get back on track with your courses.

Hope things go well for you today.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You're paying tuition Rocks, they should provide you with the services.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Izzy/3777 - I love Yoda speak!

UP - you KNOW everything we're tellin ya. Keep your head on straight and your chin up. You are doing awesome, and we are so thankful you are here with us.

Here's a little game for anyone interested - something I do sometimes to keep my mood lifted. Or lightened at least. I'm too busy and life moves too fast to be fixated on 'hating' things, so this is what I do - I spin the negative and make a goal.

Start small or superficial -

I strongly dislike the shape of my body right now, carrying about 15 extra pounds and I swear it's just in all the wrong places. But this body helped me carry and deliver two bundles of joy. And my feet and lungs can carry me through a 5K now when it couldn't a year ago. My next goal is to complete my 21 day workout DVD plan (30 min/day) without taking days off for hangovers this time around.

I really dislike my stubby fingers/nails. But these fingers/nails can play a few instruments, and I met my amazing hubby in marching band. I swear, marching band was the cool thing to do in high school My next goal is to paint my nails every couple of evenings to hopefully help my nails grow. (This sounds so silly as I write it out. Oh well. I think it stems from being a little OCD.)

I am not happy at all about the weeds around our house and general disarray. But we have spent the last few rare sunny weekend days with family, friends, and especially our kids, together, instead of tending the house. My next goal is to get the kids little gardening gloves and have them help for short periods of time, and plant their own flower.

Say it with me now - "Woosah."
Woosah! I used to love planting flowers with my boys when they were little. I would also buy glitter and bits of ribbon and at dusk, I would sprinkle them on the plants and bring the kids outside to show them the "garden fairies". Some of my very best memories. Thanks Kat
Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Mariah,

Glad you're back

........ in our Class of Fools !

Old 05-27-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I literally have no time for ANYTHING until about 24 hours from now I have so much to do, but I will call tomorrow, cause you're right. If I'm paying full tuition they should be providing me with some services.

In the meantime, I put on some Beethoven and started doing my assignment that's due in lab in an hour and I honestly have calmed down a little. Just doing a project instead of worrying is helping. Thanks again guys. I'll check in again after my lab in a few hours. Breath in. Breathe out.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say Thank You All for being such an awesome group!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Thank you overwhelmd!!! The fairy garden - I forgot my daughter had wanted to do that. One more thing for the summer list!

Mariah we are here for you. I'm day 10 after a one day slip. And I'm feeling better than ever. Best thing you can do is just "put the lid back quickly on that Pandora's box" as someone else said on here.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Mariah, I'm so thankful that you've posted today, I was wondering if you were OK.

Thank you for sharing. Is there anything you can learn from the weekend that will help in the future?

Well done for picking yourself back up, and getting back on track. Sometimes a blip helps to strengthen our resolve, so don't let that gremlin voice have anything at all to say about the matter.

How is the garden project going?
Old 05-27-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Rocks, I'm sending you my brightest vibes to add to your already blazing abilities, to help get this assignment done in an hour.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

UP, are you OK?
Old 05-27-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Definitely talk about it here, UP. I wouldn't start drinking. I think an addict is an addict.
Best not to gamble and find out the hard way. In fact I should probably dump all my leftover Percocet that probably expired after my csection and is hanging out in the back of the medicine cabinet.

I doubt alcohol will do anything positive whatsoever for you. Kudos for talking and thinking it through!
I have a bunch of stronger valium left over from when I first started tapering off benzos and stopped drinking. I spoke to the pharmacy last Thursday and they told me to take the pills back to them for safe disposal and not to throw them in the trash or flush them or they will end up in the ground water.