Administrator

Class of April 2014 Part 9

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-8-a-20.html

D
Old 05-23-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone,

Obo- just imagine your friend with the crazy Texas accent sitting next to you in the plane.

Kat- I love that movie too, especially the lion.

Top- love it- lion hearted fools!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Freein, Topspin, Applekat and izzy, I was in bed watching the footy tripping over having to do this and came back online to see if anyone had posted anything....
Thanks you fools for the advice and support, I dont feel alone!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And let the long weekend begin. I'm making this pic my phone background so I can whip it out if AV starts talking. Take a deep breath, keep calm and stay sober. Enough to make me pause and play the tape forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (20.5 KB, 81 views)
Old 05-23-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love it, apple kat!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning all
Old 05-23-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Gonna go out of my way today to not beat myself up, not stay angry all day, and not downplay myself and what I'm accomplishing in terms of not drinking, and being a good person
Old 05-23-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend all

D
Old 05-23-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great attitude, ST. You're the only one who can control how you feel, so way to take charge.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

You're never alone obosob, we are always here with you even when you are not online. Just picture the plane filled with us Fools.

That is a great attitude to have ST, you are to good of a person to beat yourself up.

Don't forget to check in if any of you are feeling tempted this weekend.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's a great visual, UP. A plane filled with Fools...
Old 05-23-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Especially when you look around and see a couple of cats, a chick, a phoenix and everyone else.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning Fools!
I have a confession to make..... last night I got 3 new chicks!! Yes hubby knows, he was there and couldn't say no to my pouty face. I had the 5 year old on my side, pretty sure his pouty face is better than mine!!

Today is my kids last day of school. No big plans for the weekend, we will probably just hang out with my hubby's family (none of them drink), maybe go boating on the lake, see a movie, take a walk...

Hope you all are having a good Friday morning!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So today is a rest day for me running-wise because I have the 5K tomorrow morning. It's actually one of those Color Runs so it's not chip-timed and very casual and just fun.

I can't tell you how refreshing it will be to go to sleep tonight without having fought with that voice about how it really is no big deal to down a bottle of wine the night before an early race. And then to wake up the next morning feeling disgusting and wishing you had even half a xanax to make you semi-functional to go run 3.1 miles without collapsing or vomiting. GROSS!!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Kat, have a nice rest day. My daughter has been wanting to do a color run. My BFF did one last summer and had a blast!!

Running with a hangover would not have worked for me! Lol, you would find me passed out under a tree not long after the start! .... okay even sober that might be the case! But I can imagine how bad that would be hungover especially from wine. I have never had a worse hangover than a wine hangover. *shudder* (gag).
Old 05-23-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning! I feel so much better waking up today without any feeling of impending doom.
ChickChick, how many chickens do you have now? Do you sell your eggs? I have so many friends with chickens at this point that I've had to start turning down fresh eggs lately. There's no way I can eat enough of them to keep up with what people try to give me.

AppleKat, I have no idea what a color run is, or what chip timed means, but I understand 3.1 miles. I have great admiration for any one who runs by choice, and not to escape something.

Obosob, I hope your travels go well, and that you get through your flight without fear. If you created a new version of yourself when you first got to Hong Kong, you can do it again this time.

Solitary, that's a great plan for today. Freeing said something the other day that came down to change your mind, change your life. I think it really can be that simple.

Topspin, I love lion hearted fools, too. What a wonderful thing to be.

Freein, what if you plan a different kind of holiday this year. Instead of focusing on relaxation, maybe focus on an activity. You could go on a hiking trip, for example, or really any kind of trip, but something distinctly different than the kind you usually go on. Maybe then you won't associate the experience with drinking. I hope you enjoy your time alone, too.

Up, after I lost my second long post I started doing select all and copy every so often while writing one. The next time one disappeared, I had almost all of it saved, and just pasted it into the reply box. It saved me a lot of frustration.

Panacea, good luck with your cleaning. I seem to use both being wasted and being sober as an excuse to avoid it, and I talked my parents out of visiting me this summer, so now I feel totally off the hook, and it shows. I need to change my ways... Thanks for being a good example.

Normi, those were some very inspired words you posted, thank you. I'm going to check out the site you mentioned to Solitary, too. Thanks for that as well.

Lucrezia, I'm glad you're still with us and starting to feel better. I hope it continues and that you stay here.

MrsBee, I'm glad to see you, though I have to admit I'm with Mariah on mowing the lawn. My preferred approach has alway been to let someone else do it. I hope your garden brings you all kinds of joy.

3777, I was convinced for a while that opiates helped me work out harder, and that exercise cancelled out the damage I was doing with drugs. Isn't it amazing what we can justify to ourselves?

Mariah, it's another gorgeous day in OR. Have a wonderful time in your garden this evening. I hope you post some pictures of your project when it's done.

Kitten, I hope you don't work too hard this weekend. I'll be working through most of it, too.

Izzy, I hope you enjoyed your rain dance. They really are best performed outside in the elements. I love dancing in warm rain.

Noolan, I'm glad to see you're around again. I hope you're doing well.

Dee, have a wonderful weekend, and thank you always for your guidance.

If I missed you it's a reflection of my memory, and not how much I love you...
Have a wonderful day Fools!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Especially when you look around and see a couple of cats, a chick, a phoenix and everyone else.
ill DJ the party
Old 05-23-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I don't need to love the world right away, but def can start with myself and not just saying it, it's just hard when I have myself convinced, or like smoking cigarettes, beating myself up is a nasty habit of mine.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Busy morning at work keeps me busy too, but my fiancé is leaving like now to go away with her family for the weekend. She's a huge support of mine so well see how the weekend goes, I'll be working most of the time anyway
Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Remember ST we are here for you. Did you check out that site Normi mentioned?