Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 9

Old 05-27-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Aww man that sucks about the parking ticket Solitary. Don't let it ruin your day. Remember that $75 could go fast when buying alcohol and you're not doing that, so it's not as bad. I don't really have the desire to practice religion, it's that I WISH I had the desire. If that makes sense.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Aww man that sucks about the parking ticket Solitary. Don't let it ruin your day. Remember that $75 could go fast when buying alcohol and you're not doing that, so it's not as bad. I don't really have the desire to practice religion, it's that I WISH I had the desire. If that makes sense.
yes absolutely, I said that a while back on here, In a way I'm envious of people that can embrace that part of their life for themselvs, it seems like a "secret power" I don't have kinda
Old 05-27-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Shoulder update for those who were asking: doc says it's impingement causing arthritis and he wants to stick a needle in it next Tuesday, followed by rehab exercises. This is as good as I could hope for - no surgery.

Thread's been moving way too fast for me to keep up, I hope people are doing okay.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

That is a good result, Kitten. I'm so glad you don't need surgery. Are they giving you a cortisone shot? That would provide enough relief for you to get started on rehabbing it, I would think.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

I should have asked what it was exactly but he just said it was to reduce inflammation. I assume that's cortisone or something similar.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Solitary, I only pay the parking tickets I think I actually deserved, though I don't know if I'd recommend that approach. You kind of have to be willing to spend the night in jail. I've refused to pay a few on principle, and I fully expect it to catch up with me. I'm ready for the judge, though. Bring it on...
Old 05-27-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Free, I'm sorry. Just let me know when and I will fire that grill back up.
Your post left me with a lot to think about. A new way to think about myself.

Obosob, I hope all goes well with your wife.

I agree kat, Hate is such a strong word, a powerful word. I don't like to use it now, and always have tried to keep my kids from using it. I think my wife was better at conveying that. I spent most of my life Hating my dad and myself and I can tell you that beast can get real big if you feed him him long enough. I almost lost that battle in the end I was able to subdue him and evict him, or so I thought. Last night I found part of him hiding behind one of the doors I thought I was ready to open last night. (Note to self, only open one door at a time.)

Adna I am happy with where I am at right now in my life mentally and emotionally, physically and financially not so much. I am working on that though. I just don't like the path I took to get here. I hurt too many people that mean so much to me.

Rocks I am sorry you are having such a hard time. If it is early in the summer semester, can you withdrawal from a class and get a refund? I don't like suggesting it but it might let you focus on yourself and get your life back to a more even keel.

Welcome back Diva. The important things are you learned a lesson and you came right back and didn't get stuck in the trap.

Soli I hope you find the spirituality you are seeking soon. I believe you are on the right path though. I think the mentality of beating yourself up to motivate yourself is another AV trick to keep us down. When we beat ourselves up like that we just reinforce the belief. I know I was and still am to a degree. I am trying to find a better way to push myself to do what I know I am capable of. I have just told myself that I am not able to do it for so long it is hard not to believe it.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That sucks about the parking ticket ST.

kitten that is good to hear that the shoulder is not that bad. I know what you mean about being hard to keep up. Especially when my mind drifts in the middle of a long post.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Solitary, I only pay the parking tickets I think I actually deserved, though I don't know if I'd recommend that approach. You kind of have to be willing to spend the night in jail. I've refused to pay a few on principle, and I fully expect it to catch up with me. I'm ready for the judge, though. Bring it on...
the cops hate me here, they tried so many times to bust me with drugs and always failed cause I was one step ahead of them, I would love to say F them but it's probably safer if a pay over the internet and nobody sees my face lol
Old 05-27-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

These cops are idiots tho cause they all eat at my resturant, and I know all their phone numbers, so next time they call I will "misplace" their order ticket for meh and hour or so perhaps lol, I hope they aren't too too hungry
Old 05-27-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That might be safer ST. If you have my luck you will wind up in front of a judge who is buddies with the cops.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

"Oh officer you wanted chicken parm? Oh I'm sorry I seriously thought you said scrambled eggs and toast, oops..."
Old 05-27-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Kittenme ,

Great news about the shot , ...and no surgery !!

They used to fill my knee with some cortisone , ..it worked pretty good, considering I had no ACL for decades. ....was nice to finally get an MRI to see what was going on. After none for so long , ....access to a Doctor was like going to the Land of Oz.

The shot ( probably cortisone) had the effect of lubing it a little , and seemed to help about 60 or so days , ....but everyone's different . Most people say they help for 6 months.

...never liked small needles much , so I had to look away when the tech came in with that big baby. I only saw the size when he'd pulled it out. Big baby that I am. LOL

I'm glad you know the whole story now. That always gives me some peace of mind.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I take much pride in my job and it's a landmark of my area, I love that we put out good food and have worked in the good industry my entire life, I uphold a standard of cleanliness in what I do and would never mess with peoples food (people already suggested that to me)
The practice of that is disgusting and I would pray that whoever is serving me would think the same way.
BUT!
You really don't mess with the people that mess with your food, you just don't. There are so many ways to drive someone insane lol
No mayo= extra mayo
Anything supposed to be hot comes out cold/vice versa
Generally just giving them stuff they didn't ask for
Always give decaf
If you want something special or on the side, if your unreasonable, no way....
Our better customers get free stuff constantly too so yea, def the nature of the game
Old 05-27-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Lol I'm frustrated if anyone can't tell
Old 05-27-2014, 09:18 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

that's a crazy expensive ticket for parking ST. wow, ....

our speeding tickets are plead down to that number

guess they really do want everyone on bicycles.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
that's a crazy expensive ticket for parking ST. wow, .... our speeding tickets are plead down to that number guess they really do want everyone on bicycles.
its insane, I got a 550$ speeding ticket a few years back and i lost my license, it's crap
Old 05-27-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Got it back clearly but still
Old 05-27-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Topspin, they issue moving violation tickets to bicyclists here, too. We're all bound by the same traffic laws.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

$550 speeding ticket! I would probably have to be doing 100 in a 25 to get that.