Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 9

Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
$550 speeding ticket! I would probably have to be doing 100 in a 25 to get that.
i was doing like 84
Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

In a 55
Old 05-27-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Empty parkway connecting beach land to mainland 8/ like nobody around, I was rushing to a friends house to smoke weed -_- lol kinda ironic
Old 05-27-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Solitary, and anyone who likes guitars really, might appreciate this guy.
331Erock on YouTube
He does all kinds of "meets metal" covers that are really great, everything from "My little pony", to movie soundtracks like "Requiem for a Dream" and "nightmare before Christmas", skrillex to Whitney Houston, mortal combat and Tetris. Just, I think this guy is really fun to watch.

Breaking Bad Meets Metal - YouTube
Old 05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That was cool, I wish I could get that much joy out of doing, well anything.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hey guys-

Checkin in. Kitten, I'm habit a hard time keeping up too... But love how talkative everyone is . Glad to hear your shoulder situation is somewhat manageable?

Soli and st- y'all are making me feel really old. I have absolutely no idea who you are talking about. We do like guitars though. My son wrote a song yesterday and played it for me: about how pizza and tacos should cease to become enemies and become friends. Very cute.

We're wrapping up the school year here and I'm working on a kind of end of the year celebratory lesson on Shakespeare: involving wigs, signs that say where you are(that's how they did scenery back then!) and of course... A reading from one of his plays... much fun!

Love y'all
(glad you're back DD- keep checking in!)
Old 05-27-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

I was born in 1981 actually, so I'm not quite as young as far as calendars go lol

Got creative when my daughter said she was hungry.

I support intbearacial relationsnacks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (92.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks Soli, now I feel old even though I know what you and ST are talking about. I love the snack, that is so cute.

I never considered that pizza and tacos might be enemies.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Soli- so cute! I'll have to try that for my littlest .

Speaking of Shakespeare... One of my all time favorites...

Did you know that he left his wife and children to go somewhere "better" and become famous?

Apparently, he had major regrets about this bc he insisted on being buried back in his hometown... Among other things.

The thing is guys, we haven't been buried yet! So whatever it is that we regret or feel bad about or want to make better- we can!

It may seem overwhelming. Up, I totally understand the feeling of not finding joy in anything. I've been there for years and am finally starting to feel joy seep back into my life.

But I think that happens as we first let go of the past- unhealthy habits, self destructive thinking, etc... And then we have to move on. There's hope!

I hope we'll all continue to go forward- taking each day at a time... Letting each days seemingly small successes build on the next... Learning what to do next as we go...

We can do this
Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Up- apparently they were. But then they realized that together they would make quite a tasty combination...
Old 05-27-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I am sorry if this is inconsiderate or offends anyone. I just have no one else to say this to that would truly understand.

I never had a problem with drinking in my past, thank god, but there are some situations right now that make me want to. Now I won't do it for two reasons. I know it won't solve anything and 2, I don't want it to become a problem. I see how hard it is on you guys and I don't want to put myself in that boat.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Up- this is probably the perfect place since we will be very happy to talk you out of it! I'll start with 3 reasons why Up should not drink:

#1) you've just successfully kicked one bad habit. Why even mess with the possibility of replacing it with another?

#2) you're facing and dealing w some difficult and painful emotions. Although this is hard!, It is good! And as you continue to so the hard work- it will continue to pay off- majorly/ big time in the end.(I say continue bc I've already been blessed to be able to see how far you've come!)

#3) there are so many better ways you can spend your money, energy and time...
Old 05-27-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Solitary, and anyone who likes guitars really, might appreciate this guy. 331Erock on YouTube He does all kinds of "meets metal" covers that are really great, everything from "My little pony", to movie soundtracks like "Requiem for a Dream" and "nightmare before Christmas", skrillex to Whitney Houston, mortal combat and Tetris. Just, I think this guy is really fun to watch. Breaking Bad Meets Metal - YouTube
hell yea! Love that stuff, skrillex looks like an elven creature tho
Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hang in there up, izzy is right, and you are too, it's not fun or worth it whatsoever, from first hand experience <3 I have your thoughts in my "prayers"
Old 05-27-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Definitely talk about it here, UP. I wouldn't start drinking. I think an addict is an addict.
Best not to gamble and find out the hard way. In fact I should probably dump all my leftover Percocet that probably expired after my csection and is hanging out in the back of the medicine cabinet.

I doubt alcohol will do anything positive whatsoever for you. Kudos for talking and thinking it through!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Yes, UP, you are wise! It's not a problem until suddenly it is a problem, and you don't want that. . Smart cookie you are! (Yoda voice over) to quote someone here " I never met a problem that didn't get worse with alcohol"
Old 05-27-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Definitely talk about it here, UP. I wouldn't start drinking. I think an addict is an addict. Best not to gamble and find out the hard way. In fact I should probably dump all my leftover Percocet that probably expired after my csection and is hanging out in the back of the medicine cabinet. I doubt alcohol will do anything positive whatsoever for you. Kudos for talking and thinking it through!
ever so true, and thanks for before apple about the h word I'm trying to change my views you know?
Old 05-27-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3777 View Post
Yes, UP, you are wise! It's not a problem until suddenly it is a problem, and you don't want that. . Smart cookie you are! (Yoda voice over) to quote someone here " I never met a problem that didn't get worse with alcohol"
So glad I'm not the only one who "thinks" in yoda
Old 05-27-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hello April Fools! I've been out enjoying the lovely weather this holiday weekend My husband had enough of his job and quit last Thursday, so I took off Friday and we spent the long weekend golfing and kayaking! It was fantastic! He was the manager of a True Value store for the past 12 years and finally had enough. He got a seasonal (summer/fall) job as a jeep tour guide at the Grand Canyon so his new office is the Colorado River at the bottom of the canyon! He is really excited, and it has breathed new life into the both of us. In the late fall, he will be working as a hunting guide and then taking a break through the winter. He's really nervous because he is a bit of an introvert, so guiding tourists will mean he has to be more outgoing, and it is also a pretty big pay cut, but we've struggled with money before. Not going to worry about it at this point.

I am at 51 days today feeling really proud of this, I don't know why but making it past 50 days seems like a milestone to me. I am also nearly weaned off of the valium. Only taking a small amount at night now. My birthday is June 18 and so my present to myself is to be completely free of all substances (except caffeine!) by that date.

I hope everyone is doing well, and if not so well, at least coming to us for support and love.

One quick note, we have had a terrible fire in Oak Creek Canyon just north of Sedona and it has ravaged one of my favorite places on this earth. Please, please be careful with fire and especially so if you are visiting any of the drought ridden parts of our country. The southwest is a tinderbox right now. Pray for rain. Hugs
Old 05-27-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

UP, sorry you're struggling at the moment. Please keep posting for a while until the thoughts turn around.

Alcohol isn't the answer (I know you know that already!) It just delays the inevitable, and adds more problems in to the mix.

Remember you have friends here.