Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 9

Old 05-25-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

3777- I've just recently realized that I have a problem too. Like you, it's when I tried to stop. You can do it! And I'm glad we're making those healthier choices as you mentioned together- as a class of lion hearted April fools

So funny obo!! I get the feeling your students are never bored. Next , I say we take the gang on a cruise...

Mrs bee- beautiful! Wish you could do mine! I have this little pond... Any suggestions ... ? It needs some greenery around the top for starters... Ideas for what to plant between the rocks?

Everyone feeling good about tomorrow?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (53.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-25-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

3777 - I love lord of the rings. Great analogy, thank you.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 3777 View Post
Healthier social activities may have to prevail for now.

3777, I totally agree. The idea of going to some of drinking centered activities around here tomorrow;.. this early in sobriety,would be a bad idea for me.

............ makes me tired to think about it, actually.

Izzy , that's some sweet stone design work, ....you've got a great start !

kat , ...good job on the 6 miles ! it may just be as simple as a few adjustments , maybe raising the seat a little , or lowering the handle bars.
Bike forums light up talking that fitting stuff . They say it's like good running shoes , ....if it's not right , ..no fun , ..and then soon , ...no run !?!

If I could run , ... love it more than cycling . In it's simplicity, and all. My knees talk back these days though. Actually they holler back , and it ain't nice hollarin' neither .

my body holla's in double negatives too !?!
Old 05-25-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Tops - thanks I didn't even think about trying any raising or lowering on the bike. That's helpful, I appreciate it!

Izzy - I'm feeling good about tomorrow. How about you?
Old 05-25-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Feeling pretty good... Although I can already imagine that the thought, "it's a holiday! Just relax and enjoy it!" will pop up. It's helpful actually to think about that now... Instead of possibly getting caught off guard tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

So this holiday tomorrow - it's something in the US? People drink on that day?
Last weekend was a long weekend where I live, and that's when I ruined my 33 days I had going. But, I never really made a plan for myself, and I've been pretty isolated lately with hardly any friends to do things with, sooo.... I guess planning things in advance is good! I so didn't do that. Live and learn.

I don't know about others, but I'm not allowing myself to go to parties where there is drinking. Though I've been around people having a drink or two with dinner....but nothing more than that. Atleast not for now.

I hope everyone has a very good night, and day tomorrow too!
Old 05-25-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Izzy that pond is so cute!!! I just started gardening but I would suggest playing around on Pinterest, that's how I got a bunch of ideas!!! I will have to double-check the name of one of the plants I bought today, it could be good for something like that!!!
Old 05-25-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Obosob, that was AWESOME! Thanks. I'm smiling big.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Mrs bee- I'll check that- great idea . Thx for the awesome garden inspiration!
Old 05-25-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Lucrezia, tomorrow is Memorial Day in the US. It's meant for remembering people who fell in service to the country. It's also kind of the unofficial start of summer for many of us, so there will be lots of picnics and therefore lots of people outside in hot weather. Beer is popular in such situations.

I already spent time with my family this afternoon so I'll just be relaxing tomorrow. Thankful for that since driving anywhere will be pretty annoying with all the crowds.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

How is everyone tonight?

izzy your pm was full earlier.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

When did they put this tunnel on this Fool bus route?
Old 05-25-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Top- thanks! I like it but it needs some green! But then, everything around here needs that...

I should have quoted you on "lion hearted fools". I just assume everyone read your post on that.

But I especially like that description!

Gnite all
Old 05-25-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Night izzy, have a good night.

I am going to try and get some sleep too. Someone wake me up when we get out of this tunnel.

I'll see you guys in the morning. Have a good night/day Fools.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to say hi. I need to catch up on a lot of posts I see!

Izzy, I am a Master Gardener. PM me details. Ie; geographic location (Cowtown in Canada is Calgary, AB), Sun exposure(full Sun, morning, shade, part shade) soil type (Sandy, clay, loam,etc) exposure (North,West,South,East) Also, dry or wet conditions. YES,pondside can be dry! Do you want color or greenery. How much maintenance can you give it? I can give you some suggestion for plantings.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hello all! Glad Memorial Day is going well for most. Not sure what to say. Feeling tired and cranky and not so wordy last night and today. Lots of social stress. Lots of planning around other people's preferences and schedules and I feel like maybe my friends shouldn't be so much work? Especially when I'm trying so hard to relax and I just feel really angry. Idk.

My boyfriend told me yesterday that if I drank again I would have to move out and go back to my parents to get help. That he has given me this ultimatum before and he was tired of feeling like he was enabling me. He's right, but I'm scared I'll screw everything up. I'm scared of that all the time.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:11 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Administrator

It helped me to remember I had the power rockstonic - noone else could bring that glass to my lips again but me.

If you're committed to that never again, you're on your way - you'll do it

D
Old 05-26-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Obosob, thank you for you screenplay, it was so funny, waking up to laughter is definitely the best way to start the day. It'll be be in my evenings gratitude list later.

MrsB, you must feel great about achieving those results in the garden. It looks lovely. Hope you get plenty of time to enjoy it.

Izzy, congratulations on achieving your goal as well. Starting a B&B, that's exciting, and I would imagine quite a challenge. Wow.

Lucrezia, it's great to hear that you've put some strategies in place, like joining a sobriety group. You sound much more focused on your healthy future. Well done you.

Solli, glad to hear you were able to have some quiet time. Hope you were able to 're-energise.

ST, how are you doing?

It's a holiday day here in England too, so hoping to get out for a walk later. Definitely no chance of ruining my free time by numbing myself with alcohol. Nope, I'm going to enjoy the day and know that I'm enjoying the day.

Hope those of you who are sleeping, sleep well and wake up refreshed. Those of us who are awake, have a great day, one step closer to whatever goal it is we're aiming for. Even if it seems difficult or even hopeless, today could make all the difference.

I'll hop back on the bus later.
(Dee, I thought you were driving the bus as well as piloting Obosobs aeroplane, I never trust satnavs, and you're the only one who knows the route!)

Old 05-26-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Sorry Rocks, I missed your post while I was typing.

Like Dee says, You definitely do have the power to turn things around. And when you do, you'll realise that you have more power inside you than you ever thought possible. It will help you towards an incredible future. One step, one day, at a time.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

What are you up to today, Rocks? Stay close to SR if you have to. Letting go of the "crankiness" was pivotal for me though I'm not sure how it happened exactly. Now I can solidly say I feel "strong". That's not to say AV isn't whispering and occasionally screaming in my ear....that didn't change, yet. Something else did. Something after my one night slip. I made more plans. And I'm sticking to them.

Happy Memorial Day.