Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 2

Old 12-20-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

A booze free birthday.......

Yes, it's my birthday today, now normally the focus of the evening would be getting drunk! But not this year. Been planning the day with my lady friend for a few weeks now. It involves good food, good company and hopefully a little birthday treat for me, lol.

I know I'm a few weeks ahead of some people. It is now nearly 4 weeks since I quit. I am still getting nagging headaches, not helped by having had a cold for a few weeks and the last week or so I have been so tired on the afternoon.

I'm hoping this will pass soon. My focus is now firmly on getting though the Christmas period. There is good and bad. My lady friend is flying off to Australia on Christmas Day for 5 weeks! And another good friend is away for over a week, so people I have relied on for support will not be around. But on the positive side, I have lined myself up for lots of overtime at work, In fact I'm only off on Christmas Day!

When I quit, I set my self targets, it starts with a day, then maybe the weekend, then a week. Well my latest is the end of January when my lady returns. It's only 5 weeks..............
Old 12-20-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday ilaria - remember there'll be people here all across Xmas and NewYears

glad you made it through today soberella
D
Old 12-20-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Three weeks today
Old 12-20-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Day 2 winding down. Not a very bad day but totally unfocused and incapable of doing any real work, just faking it and doing absolute minimum, absent minded and unfocused. Not worried about the weekend, no social activities planned and surprisingly my AV hasn't showed up saying "hey, since you relapsed, might as continue drinking for a few days more" - I was kind of expecting that.
I'm so happy that I live in a culture where x-mas means nothing, it's really impressive that so of the december students can manage - I doubt I could right now.
Good luck and stay strong everyone.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Fdm

I won't drink today. Vodka is the devil.

I'm on a 2 week vacation from work, and I'm guzzling vodka at night like its New Years Eve.

I can retire soon, and I'm a bit afraid of how this could really get worse quickly.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

3rd day binge.Need to sort myself out which ain't happening right now.Got to wake up tomorrow feeling better about myself,not going to happen though :-(
Old 12-20-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Cara
good to see you FDM - welcome back

Lots of good feedback on your other thread Django
Need to sort myself out which ain't happening right now.
thats your addiction talking. You can sort yourself out whenever you decide to - you can dump your booze and you can reclaim recovery right now, today - and there's nothing your addiction can do about it.

You are in control Django. Grab the wheel man.

D
Old 12-20-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Please stop, Django.

It's not all roses and butterflies, especially in the early days. But from what I hear, it gets better (I wouldn't know, because the best I've managed is ~2 weeks).
Old 12-20-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 13 here. Friday. I have another 'holiday party' with my husband tonight and I'm dreading going. I don't want to go at all. I'm feeling really crabby, highly irritable and the last thing I want to do is go get dressed for a party with a bunch of people I don't know. UGH. I almost feel like I'm having a mental 4 year old, screaming, temper tantrum. Anyway I could find an empty room and scream? I don't know if its because I'm tired? Maybe I can turn this positive? I'm free of having to drink at this function. I'm free of being 'on' and filling the awkward silences. All I have to do this evening is love my daughter and my husband and be thankful to have the privilege to love them everyday.... Hey, feeling better already....
Old 12-20-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

I guess it's something you have to go to Babs?

D
Old 12-20-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi friends. Joining your group. Day one here for me; about halfway through. I'm feeling bad both physically and emotionally and am very much looking forward to this day being over. I know the feelings of shame and remorse go away eventually, but today I am having a hard time. Trying to stay positive, though, and keep moving in the right direction.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome hellome

D
Old 12-20-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I had thoughts of stopping to get a bottle of whiskey because "it's Friday" on my way home from work tonight. And yet look at my signature... three days, brain, really?

Welcome to alcoholism.

PS: I told that ***** to ef off.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 3 starting. Doubt there will be any temptations and/or cravings today but I'm still in a bad place after my relapse. No social events which I "have" to attend, so glad we don't celebrate x-mas here. My challenge will CNY but that's still a month to go.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hello! I am 4 days free. Again. I had 18 months free until a celebration a year ago. A week later I had another drink then another and so on. (You know the story) I forgot how great I feel waking up in the morning when I am alcohol free. I'm looking forward to being productive again.

I also look forward to sharing our journey into 2014!
Old 12-20-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome wishes

D
Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi all...my first day on here and I am so happy I joined... day two sober in the works for me... I totally get the guilt and crippling hangovers... I went for dinner Wed. night and woke up Thurs still drunk and incapable of going to work. I had to call out today as well to finish recuperating from the Hangover. Its not consistent for me as to when I will binge and when I stop at one. What I do know is that the guilt every time gets worse, I think its not that we did or didn't do anything to others its the broken promise to ourselves and the feeling of being out of control of our own actions. I've been on an introspective journey for sometime and finally here I am.

I know the road ahead is hard... its Friday... its the weekend... its the holidays... but knowing now I can pick up the tablet n sign on for support with those that understand may be the best gift this year. I look forward to the journey, we will pull each other through.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aurora day

D
Old 12-20-2013, 06:10 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 2 almost over. I do not want to drink so doing okay with that. Just still feeling guilt over the day I did drink after 9 days sober. I started drinking at 1 in the afternoon and drank all day until I passed out.I was suppose to pick my granddaughter up from work that day. Needless to say I was a no show. Woke up horrified at 4am and ran to my phone and saw that she had called me. OMG..My daughter just thinks that I fell asleep and thankfully she went to go get her since I wasn't answering my phone. I feel so bad that I did that. I just hope now I can use the experience to tell myself that I can NEVER drink safely again. Just needed to share that and get it off my chest. I feel so much better not drinking!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Joyousone - yeah guilt is hard - but we can't undo whats done, unfortunately.
We can make sure it never happens again tho

Try and look forward not back