Class Of December 2013 - Part 2

Old 01-16-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 30 DD, and to everyone else racking up those days
Old 01-16-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
waking down

Yesterday I posted it was day 19, but today is definitely 21. Grateful I'm starting to lose track.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi there! Today is 21 days sober for me. I'm feeling great and just taking one day at a time.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:24 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

20 days today....Yippee!! Congrats on 31 days Dan & you, Beanie on 34
Everyone else, riding the waves....keep it up
Old 01-17-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
waking down

Days 20 and 21 were some of my best yet. Now on 22 and plan to keep getting better. Keep on keepin' on, y'all!!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zerothehero View Post
Yesterday I posted it was day 19, but today is definitely 21. Grateful I'm starting to lose track.
This made me smile because I had just scrolled back through yesterday's posts to see what day I'm on. I'm losing track too and I see that as a good thing.

So Day 27 and feeling great. Went out with a friend last night for dinner, ordered a coke and she had tea and it was a complete non-issue. And I had a wonderful time. These are the friends I need to be hanging out with these days. Home in bed, sober, by 9:30, watching my shows with some hot tea.

Looking forward to a beautiful weekend here, lots of activities with the kids. Life is good.

Have a great day, everyone!
Jackie
Old 01-17-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning!! 3 weeks today The way I feel today compared to 3 weeks ago today is huge. Just want to continue to live my life free of the "ball & chain" alcohol has been. You all have a great Friday & be good to yourselves!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
waking down

It's starting to sink in that now that I've been sober for a few weeks - the real work begins. I've been reading a variety of blogs and books regarding addiction, and it has really sunk in that alcohol is not my only demon. I'm committed to addressing all addiction, and the books I've found on mindfulness seem a natural route for me. For the first time in years I'm feeling a true sense of personal accomplishment and pride, and things are even looking better at work. An idea I've been campaigning for is gaining support and appears to be taking shape. And my injuries feel better, possibly due in part to reduced inflammation that was likely exacerbated by alcohol, and maybe even the aches and pains associated with depression. Arthritis was kicking in, but maybe I can slow it's progress or even reverse it. My sense of willpower around food and other bad habits seems stronger, and there's a clarity I'm bringing to relationships at work that have been noticed. I sense a cloud of cynicism, fatalism, and nihilism lifting, and I have more hope not only for my future, but for others. I cried, and I mean really cried, for the first time in months the other day, and I liked it. I'm reconnecting with my heart, and with powers unknown - with the oneness that makes, for example, reading positive messages on SR bring me personal joy. My hand is not just my own - it is yours, and my body is not just my own - it is part and one with the space and objects and energy around me. Meditation can be a powerful and at times frightening thing, but right now I'm feeling fearless. The first dog I ever loved is getting to the point where she can hardly navigate stairs, and though I am sad about her suffering and eventual passing, I feel ready to experience that loss and grief. I was about to say, "How old did I have to get before I could embrace existence so?" But the question, I believe, is more accurately, "How sober did I have to get before I could embrace existence so?" Thanks again, class. You all help me everyday.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Day 20.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Day 33 for me, 48 more weeks till my one year sober birthday!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

I mentioned I did my first session with a personal trainer yesterday morning to mark 31 days.
Well, I tell ya, I haven't felt like this since ever.
I can barely walk.
I know it's for the better but right now I feel like I should be wearing a body cast.
Holy Crap.
My trainer texted me to ask how I was feeling today and I couldn't hold my arms up long enough to text her back....heheh.
Break out yer violins, everyone.... Hah.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Sounds like you got your money's worth Dan! Good work. Keep it up!

I spent all afternoon putting together a new elliptical machine. Then I got on it and after 6 minutes I was huffing and puffing so badly that I had to stop. Looks like I'm going to have to move gradually into longer workouts, to say the least.

And Zero. Wow, you put all of that incredibly articulately. I am so happy for you and how you are experiencing this journey so . . . authentically. It's very inspiring; thanks for sharing those thoughts with us.

My brother is headed to town with his kids for the weekend. He's not a drinker so I feel great about spending time with everyone.

Day 27 comes to an end!

Goodnight all,
Jackie
Old 01-17-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
waking down

Originally Posted by JackieC View Post
Sounds like you got your money's worth Dan! Good work. Keep it up!

I spent all afternoon putting together a new elliptical machine. Then I got on it and after 6 minutes I was huffing and puffing so badly that I had to stop. Looks like I'm going to have to move gradually into longer workouts, to say the least.

And Zero. Wow, you put all of that incredibly articulately. I am so happy for you and how you are experiencing this journey so . . . authentically. It's very inspiring; thanks for sharing those thoughts with us.

My brother is headed to town with his kids for the weekend. He's not a drinker so I feel great about spending time with everyone.

Day 27 comes to an end!

Goodnight all,
Jackie
Two things: I have hurt myself, possibly permanently, working out too hard after too much lethargy. This time I found this workout that increases incrementally over the course of a month. The first day is like 10 crunches, 10 leg lifts, and a 10 second plank - period. It's getting tougher, though.

Next: I confess that the elation I shared this afternoon has passed like a helium balloon that untied itself, and now I'm plllbbbttthing myself in a random downward sort of spiraling chaos of the mind. I'm alone on a Friday night without my sober wife and I'm bouncing from doing part of my workout, to trying to read, to surfing SR... First real temptation to drink, but not gonna happen even if I have to keep returning to you guys until the bars and liquor stores close.

Definitely a rollercoaster this early sobriety stuff. It's all part of the adventure, I guess. I don't really like feeling like I have to distract myself, but if that's what it takes. Maybe I'll play some guitar - haven't done enough of that since my last drink.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day 36 here. Well I joined a gym for the first time in my life..who would of thought. Time to try again with quitting cigarettes, I don't know myself lately (in a good way). Everything in every way feels better. Have a good day guys.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

I've been sober already 3 weeks and I feel great! I'm a bit worried about next week, I have this 3 days work trip coming and I know everyone there will drink like crazy. I'll probably have a sip of champagne at the last dinner, but that's it. And I know after the first hour nobody will notice anymore that I am not drinking.
I wish everyone a nice weekend, stay strong and sober!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:54 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you really have to take that sip tho, muhv?
why?

D
Old 01-18-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

I don't have to! Maybe they serve alcohol free champagne, they did last year.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

The risk with sipping alcohol for me is, if it doesn't set off a craving for more, I know there's be a time when I'd think - 'I took a sip and nothing happened - how about half a glass?' then a full glass...then a bottle....

I learned to respect alcohol and it's effects on me. I really think thats the best way to go?

D
Old 01-18-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys- join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D