Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 2

Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hey Frog, are you feeling any better since your last posting?
Old 12-24-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

A little thanks blue skies. Gonna get my head down soon. Big day tomorrow

ribbit ribbit
Old 12-24-2013, 09:49 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Yay, day 7! Made it through yesterday and today I feel be easier, feeling better in general and I don't have any cravings. And I don't feel sorry for myself for not drinking. If I had given in yesterday, today would have been guilt and regret, so not worth two-three hours of company and "fun". In fact, I feel that the last years, alcohol rarely lives up to "it's promise", you think it will be much more fun and nicer to have a few drinks, then when you are there, the beer doesn't actually taste as good as you imagined, your drinking-buddies just seem to repeat themselves (and so do you) and things are kind of just boring and flat compared to what you built up.
Anyway, rant. Good luck and stay positive!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Day 3, just cheking in. It's still morning, so too early to be happy abot another sober day. But I am confident I'll make it.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome TheFrog - anxiety is absolutely normal.

I had per-existing anxiety but if things haven't improved for in in about a week and you're still concerned, you may want to check in with your Dr?

D
Old 12-24-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sister Christian and BlueSkies - the important thing is you're both back here. I think we can unburden ourselves a lot by coming clean, but of course that's an individual decision....

D
Old 12-25-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Yay...another sober day! I had one of those "I started drinking again" dreams, so I woke up with a guilt ridden attitude. I was so relieved to realize that it was just a dream...wow, I'm still dry, 12 days now and a lifetime to go!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Day 8, and now I have added incentive.

I went to the AA online meeting yesterday and was preached to. Now I want to prove I can do this happily and effectively without their program.

Thanks AA.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Imabuleva View Post
Day 8, and now I have added incentive. I went to the AA online meeting yesterday and was preached to. Now I want to prove I can do this happily and effectively without their program. Thanks AA.
yes you can!!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

here we go. did 11 months about a year ago. and 3 months this summer. made some big changes in my life and have quality memories. feel bad today after the last two nights. it's hard, but i'm on board again!
Old 12-25-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard Mugz

D
Old 12-25-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone... A tough few days for us all I know. I feel all of you that are struggling. It's quasi-manageable here without a big family holiday get together. Just our small family here. My husband has been drinking responsibly-2 beers last night and two while he cooks today. I'm irritable because there's that part of me that wants to drink responsibly too. I've lost that "privilege". The words "I think I'll have one glass of wine with you at dinner," are on the tip of my tongue but I'll keep those to myself. Instead, I just hang out and follow my baby daughter room to room... A bit restless and aimless. Yesterday I finally left and went in a 5 mile run to get it out- the results were short lived but helpful even for a bit. I'd suggest just getting out if you can. Anyway...not much to contribute other than voicing my solidarity with you all.

We're free today of the hangover and regret tomorrow. Staying close to SR all day.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Babs

D
Old 12-25-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
JWC
- 12/24/13 -

Hey everyone. I was a member of this board a little over a year ago and I think it's incredible. I had 6 months at one point this year but since October I've been binge drinking on and off. I'm on Day 2 now so I think I'll be a part of this class and I hope to never have to be in a different one.
Old 12-25-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread JWC - I hope so too

D
Old 12-25-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Day 8 and I'm feeling pretty ok today. No temptations in sight, no cravings and I think it will be not too hard in the coming days. A friend is coming from overseas mid next month and I have no idea how that will go, but I'll worry about it when it happens. Still haven't really figured out how to handle the social aspect of not drinking - I mean finding friends and activities that doesn't include (or is an excuse for) drinking and it's key for me to be able to find that in order to stay sober. Well, I'll think about it after new year, too much too early.
Hope you all doing ok, stay strong and don't take that "just one glass" today.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Day 4, time 8:15 in the morning. Today will be a challenge, have to go to my parents house for another christmas dinner. There is always lots of vine and cider. I'm just glad we decided not to stay for the night, after dinner we'll drive home, it's a 100 km, so not so bad.
Stay strong everyone!
Old 12-26-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Day 13.. The positive changes keep happening. Stay strong. Happy Boxing Day!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Day 9, checking in.

Last time I tried to "stop drinking," I caved on day 8. I think I was more interested in taking a break so I could drink again... not in actually stopping. This time, I want to stop for good.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Good Morning December-ers....
Hope everyone is feeling strong today.

Another day off of work and I'm starting to love these slow mornings but I'm careful not to get too cocky. Slept like hell last night, tossed and turned. Turned and tossed. My husband was cooking our Christmas dinner all day and some of the recipes called for wine. After dinner I noticed the wine was gone and I found the bottle in the trash. So I asked him, "did you dump the rest of the wine out?" he said "yes, I think its just easier that way." I replied, "It's embarrassing that you feel like you have to do that because of me." I found myself so annoyed with him, I just went to bed. Way to end Christmas. Like I can't be trusted and I was being treated like a child. As I calmed down I began to think a little more logically - I actually don't want the wine in the house. I don't think I have a great track record of being trusted so why would he keep the wine - he doesn't like it and its my go to. Was he actually trying to be helpful by getting the wine out of the house (yet there's still 3 beers in the fridge..)? I feel like I have to always be on with this disease and when I was trying to relax last night, it was clear that my husband can't relax in my disease either AND that he doesn't trust me at this point either. I'm really trying hard and this just felt another reprecussion of my behaviors while I was drinking - I'm not sure who I'm irritated with.... today it feels like everyone and anyone. UGH....

Non-sensical ramblings brought to you by day 19.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day after...