Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 2

Old 12-20-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Tonight has been quite the roller coaster of pride and deep rooted desire... doubt drifts in and out but so far my resolution remains... I have to make it this time
Old 12-20-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

You can do it AuroraDay! My best tool now and in the past is just focusing on how great it is to wake up without a hangover. You don't want to ruin tomorrow morning.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Just said no to a dinner with one of my drinking buddies. At his place, family stuff but I know that there is no way I would have turned down that glass of wine tonight in that setting. Suggested a lunch next week - lunches are safe for me (won't drink at lunch and I don't know anyone else that would). A small victory.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 19 is wrapping up. Welcome aboard to the new people.
Have alot more energy than I know what to do with and find myself getting bored easily. Hope everyone is hanging in tight.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Fdm

I had no choice but to pour the rest of the vodka out today. I drank again last night on top of a muscle relaxer and was out of it. My wife even asked me how much I had drank. That's a bad sign that it's getting out of hand.

I have 2 weeks of vacation that I will use to read and learn.

My signature quote really makes sense.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hello class. Day 8..grateful for that today. Well done guys, for people struggling, hold on. It won't be this way for ever...even a day can turn things around sometimes. Supermarket soon for christmas food, deep breaths haa!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm just going to put this out there,I ******* hate alcohol.Its like an ex that treats you wrong but still want more.I might go find a small bloke and smack him.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 3 is over. No cravings or temptations. I saw a documentary called "rain in my heart" which made me really never want to drink again. Anyway, all is good, I hope for a normal sleep without the strange dreams, 4 o clock waking up.
Good luck everyone and stay committed, I see you tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 14 for me today. Last night was no good. I was irritable and antsy. Even after my husband took me to a very nice dinner before the Christmas party I wasn't able to shake it. The restaurant is one of my favorites martinis, martinis, martinis everywhere. I kept saying to myself "I'm free of making a fool of myself tonight. I'm free of being hungover tomorrow." Still, I got to the party and felt awkward and socially clunky... Not sure how to be more articulate there. Found myself considering bumming a cigarette to feel less awkward...

Better today. So glad I didn't drink last night. It's going to be a productive Saturday. Hoping the afternoon will bring me the greatest indulgence- a nap. Nothing better than afternoon naps.

Hope you all are powering through! It's a good day!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

It gets better Babs - congrats on 14 days

Welcome back Django - why not use that anger against your real enemy - your addiction?

D
Old 12-21-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 22 almost over.

Doing fine but I'm tired almost all the time and my mood isn't great. My work Xmas party was on last night but I didn't go. I didn't feel I would be strong enough and I suppose I felt a bit sorry for myself last night and just went to bed early. Today though I'm glad I didn't go, I don't need that pressure right now.

Hope you are all doing ok this weekend x
Old 12-21-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 6 here. Not sleeping great but also not waking up with a hangover or suffering from terrible guilt. Feeling anxiety though and a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders. I suspect that I need to find a new hobby that likely involves some form of exercise to deal with the stress my body is enduring. Anyways, feeling pretty good. Glad to be here.

I want to say also that I am so touched and inspired by the many people, all over the world, who come online here for support and to support us - thank you to everyone!

I hope that we all have a good night sleep that is alcohol free and bad dream free (maybe we need 'dreamcatchers'.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 4 and it's already lunch. Slept bad, woke up early with mild anxiety and grumpy mood. It didn't linger for too long though. I'll spend the sunny day training my dogs and then I'll watch some downloaded movies. Drinks are not on my mind, no cravings so far.Normally I would have "one" beer in the afternoon and then go home and fall asleep, waking up at 8 at night feeling crap and like I wasted a day. Not today (even though I'm to unfocused to be able to do anything "useful").
Probably will check in before I go to sleep. Have a good sunday and good luck everyone.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:29 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 20 and hanging in there. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day two over. I love seeing all my "classmates" with increasing days. It's so inspiring. Thank you. Hope you all are doing well. I know I don't post frequently or with much depth but I am glad to be here and am cheering for us all.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to everyone hitting a milestone today, no matter what it is

D
Old 12-22-2013, 01:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hope this Sunday, you all doing Ok.. Day 9.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 4 today. Just checking in. Not sleeping well. Tired during the day and then barely sleeping at night. Crazy! But better than passing out and waking up horrified with myself. WAY BETTER actually. Alot to do today. I made a list so I don't feel overwhelmed with it all.
We come to all the new class members. Onward and upward together.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Fell off the wagon completely and I'm now feeling really sorry for myself and despondent.
The visit with my folks went well and we didn't have any wine. However, after they had gone I caught my husband hiding a bottle and I subsequently drank with him then again on Friday and Saturday night. Drank so much yesterday that I have the shakes and feel really sick today. Every time I get sober then fall off the wagon I seem to drink more than ever to make up for lost time. Feel so guilty today. I'm pretty sure my husband will buy wine on the way home from work. I find it really difficult to stay sober when he is drinking. Sorry for the rambling feeling sorry for myself message.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vickylou View Post
Fell off the wagon completely and I'm now feeling really sorry for myself and despondent.
The visit with my folks went well and we didn't have any wine. However, after they had gone I caught my husband hiding a bottle and I subsequently drank with him then again on Friday and Saturday night. Drank so much yesterday that I have the shakes and feel really sick today. Every time I get sober then fall off the wagon I seem to drink more than ever to make up for lost time. Feel so guilty today. I'm pretty sure my husband will buy wine on the way home from work. I find it really difficult to stay sober when he is drinking. Sorry for the rambling feeling sorry for myself message.
Have you heard of the kindling effect? Withdrawal has the tendency to get worse and worse with each subsequent relapse after time spent sober. Please do be careful and don't hesitate to seek medical attention if necessary.