Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 26

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-25-a-21.html

D
Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for the new thread...

MB....always sending positive thoughts your way.

Cold and flu season is here....and yes it does seem to hit us guys harder..

Hope everyone has a safe and sober Monday..Tomorrow..last day of the year..looking forward to a sober 2014!

Jim
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Another sober day, count me in
Old 12-30-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi all! thanks for the new thread Dee! New Year's was never a big thing for me. I am one who usually wakes at midnight with all the firecrackers and such.

Looking forward to 9 months on the 6th and a sober 2014.

Old 12-30-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear you Drake...
Not a big partier either..I was with a group of people the other day...not by choice, and they were talking about New Years and drinking ect....and I kept thinking that I will be waking up New Years morning to a nice breakfast of baked apple and oatmeal..(done in a slow cooker with cinnamon) ...with a clear head....
I am determined to make this year a completely alcohol free year...one day at a time..

Jim
Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds lovely soberjim, baked apple and oatmeal , mmmm I think I will try that
Old 12-30-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome, Mags!

That does sound delicious, Jim.

Glad your protracted legal drama is over and done with, MB. Hopefully you're done with your brother for a good, long while.

Hope your money is bright and ready in the morning!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning from BC. Although I am only (only?) 49 days into my recovery, I would like to hang out with you. I have learned a great deal from those that are farther along than I am. I cant yet relate to the 2 years + non drinkers but I am so determined to get my one year atta boy. 7 weeks will turn into 52 weeks very quickly I belive as long as I stick to my plan, my thought process and my memory of drunk days before don't fade.
Thanks
Old 12-30-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, Rick! I got on this thread when I was early into my sobriety, too, and it has been great.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Rick....welcome..congrats on 49 days!

Jim
Old 12-30-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Rick, welcome. Congrats on 7 weeks!!

MB- glad it's mostly done. The bank will be fixed up in no time, you'll have your money and be done with all of this.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you for all you kind responses, Undies.

But all this put me completely off the stride. I've been trying to call the bank sine 1 p.m. till 9 p.m. and no one answer me. And obviously tomorrow I will not get access to my money either. And there will be holidays...

I've been waiting for this day for so long, when I can just breathe out and take a day of rest and peace. Yeah, right. The only person who is having his day of celebration is my jerk brother, and I am f***ed up again. I've spent the whole day trying to get a shred of information from the bank.

I am sick of this, of one day at a time and accepting all this s**t that life is throwing to me. I don't need this "testing" or whatever. I hate all this. I hate this life.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

mb

tried to send you a pm but your mailbox is maxed out.
I wish I had some magic answer for you....but you know I do not.

I know hearing 'take it one day at a time' and 'it will get better ' is probably making you ready to scream and tell all of us to fr*g off..

Honestly though...I have no magic answer for you..the alternative is to give up ..and that is no answer...

You are strong...

Your post is coming from a very tired place....get some rest...and know we are all sending you positive thoughts..

Jim
Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Can you go to the gym and beat something up?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Welcome Mags and Rick, you have just joined the bestest thread on SR!! Go er, I got in trouble for saying that last time! Other brilliant threads are available Yada Yada Yada!

MB, sweetie I want to go shoot someone on your behalf- well, not really shoot obviously but certainly give then a severe frowning.i second Gilmer, go punch something.

SJ, I'm coming up for pudding sweetheart, apple oatmeal and lashings of cream!!!!! keep mine on the hot plate and out of the dog!

Drake I also don't particularly like to party, but I would use the excuse of New Year to get pie eyed each time! This year we are looking after our wee grandson, and New Years Day we are taking him to Glasgow to watch Celtic at parkhead. Gson wants to go to a big stadium, and we usually get a crowd of around 60000 there, it's an amazing feeling being part of that green and white tide streaming out of the gates after a game. It will be our last chance before we leave. Hopefully in Boston we will be able to take him to a game of something when he comes over with him mom for a visit.

MB I too tried PMing you love, hadn't seen SJs post!
Old 12-30-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey gang in on the new thread Thanks Dee for starting a new one.

MB I hope things start looking up for you soon. Did you see the UFC fight the other night when silva broke his leg???? Gruesome or what lol.

I'm stuck on a 15 hour night shift. Quite happily munched my way through 4500 calories so far today and still got plenty of food to see me through the night.

Welcome to the newcomers.

Take care.....Steve.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi undies... took awhile for me to sign in today here. I totally blew it yesterday drinking. bad bad choice! but I'm dustying myself off and gettin right back at it.
I red a quote this morning that said " If you dont change your sobriety date will" that totally hit me because all tho sometimes I switch up my routine I havnt really changed my thinking process much or anything.
I just ordered some recovery based books by this guy Noah Levine whos from the punk music scene and a revocerying addict himself. Reading about him and the tattoos and punk lifestyle I thought the books would be a good choice since I come from a punk music mosh pit going background and I guess hes pretty into buddha and that stuff so I thought it might be worth a shot.
Also have a big book laying around that Ive been doing some reading in.

The thing I find frustrating that whether Im sober or drinking I feel like I am constantly thinking about alcohol in one way or another. I messed up tho hangin with that friend of mine and it just shows that I really need to end that friendship and have no business hanging around people active in their addiction.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi, BF. Glad you got those books. I hope you are able to change your mindset. Glad you're here!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello undies!! Glad to be here and welcome all newcomers and returners

Good day today but have now come down with my very first cold of the year - haha thanks for that [shakes fists] with only a day and a half of the year to go lol! Hopefully it will pass quickly.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Glad you jumped straight back on the wagon dude....Welcome back.