Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 18

Old 10-09-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

oh no, I LOVE dancing bananas! I just hate the ones that supposedly go in the mouth. nastaaaaay! but if I stick to this plan i'll be having another one on Sunday. Oh happy day.

why can't I just reset my carbs twice a week with ice cream?!?!?!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Marcher

You can, wehav! You can make raw ice cream- it's made with frozen bananas! google it. hahahahahaha!!!

Also, you may be interested in the healthy eating thread in the health and fitness forum. I post there daily. Just a suggestion. They won't make you eat a banana or anything like that...
Old 10-09-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

lol, joy, I must have been writing my post in the 'heaters' as you call them when you wrote this! sorry you had to read about this twice!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Excellent. I pretty much would have picked those scents for you all even before you said anything. And I really laugh because I just knew Toots would say wet dog.

Had a blonde moment and first thought eggs fart?? Ohhhh...wait a minute.

Picked up my Moms ashes today. They are heavy! She was just a little thing. I don't understand. The nice men in the office said to make sure I secured the box because if I had to stop fast it might go flying and hit me and its heavy. I said that wouldn't be the first time my Mom hit me upside the back of my head. She would have laughed. She had a great sense of humor. Still haven't found the perfect whatever you call it. I do have this awesome 1930's Art Deco ice bucket and thought of that but she would HATE that. Hated antiques and old stuff. Hated I say. It was just a thought.

Kinda having a hard time today. I just miss her and lots of things remind me of her. Helps to remember she loved a good joke and she wouldn't want me to be sad.

Joy...you go girl. Go get your fun on.

Jezebel is a great dog name Ken. Counting down to see baby pictures!

Of course we are cool WeHave. and I won't make you ever eat a banana. Or DD. He doesn't like them either.

Sorry you had a funk Marcher. And definitely rose. White roses are my favorite flower.

I have verbena and lavender candles so I will think of you Sassy and Life when I'm burning them. Very nice fragrances...very nice.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

shoes, sorry you had a bad day. it's cute that you still get a kick out of what you think your mom would say in situations, though. my mom died in 1985 and I still do that, it's good for your heart and soul. I think your mama is watching you right now, and she's pleased!

while cinnamon roll would be my favorite scent choice, i'll be just glad with anything as long as it isn't banana or peach! ;-)

i'm with dd on the banana thing, but that pathological ice cream issue, well, I have no idea what to do with that. maybe intensive outpatient ice cream reversal therapy? lol
Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh, shoes, so sorry for your day being hard. It's really nice that you can find the funny in a situation. I wish you could go out dancing with me! There will be a lot of funny in that situation, I'm sure. Oh, god, if it's country music or line dancing, I just cannot do that. I just thought of that. I'll ask tomorrow. Now, that would be a funny! We could show up dressed too young for our age, in stilettos, for a bunch of cowboys and cowgirls! No offense to cowboys (they are hot) or cowgirls.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Honestly haven't really felt like posting. The pain is getting worse. Nothing I can do about it. I'm tired all the time. I had no idea it would be this draining. Only 3 more months to go. Blah.

On the current time table, I'll probably be spending my February birthday in rehab. Of course last year, I spent it in the hospital on one of my many self-detox attempts. Can't be worse than that.

I haven't shown up to work in a week. I think I should go in tomorrow but it's so hard to get out of bed in the morning. I've just been keeping my computer by the bed and logging on remotely. But I don't want them to think I'm dead or anything.

Work is stressing me out. I have about 20 hours worth of work to do by Friday morning. Not sure how I'm gonna pull that off.

But other than that, I'm grateful to be alive and sober. I dragged myself to a meeting today. First since Saturday. The topic was hope and I needed that. It's been hard to be hopeful lately. It's like the only good thing I have right now is the knowledge that drinking won't solve a damn thing.

Shoes - That must have been tough to deal with picking up your mom. But at least you'll know she'll never be too far from you and your heart.

Joy - You can buy me pizza any time

Don't get too crazy on your girls' night out. Those younger women can get a little wild.

Wehav - I think you mentioned one of the issues with your partner is her anxiety. Has she ever gotten treatment for it, either talk therapy, meds or both? I was a mess for the first 5 months of sobriety until I got my meds situation worked out. Now I'm more of just a stain.

Peaches are pretty bad but bananas are still worse. But the absolute worst fruit is a fig. Who actually eats figs? Come to think of all, almost all fruits are evil. My mom got worried once because I would never eat fruit. She said I was missing out on vital nutrients. But I each lots of veggies so I'm all good. Fruits can rot in hell...or my kitchen counter. I do like berries though.

Ken - You know you're naming your dog after a popular feminist news/gossip website, right? And don't worry, ladies, I'm not a chauvinist. My mom was a bra-burning feminist in the 70s. She still gets upset when I refer to a female friend as a girl.

I'm off to sleep.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
Peaches are pretty bad but bananas are still worse. But the absolute worst fruit is a fig. Who actually eats figs?
I do. DD figs are fabulous but you should not eat them raw unless they are the prime organic fruits of the season, they need to be lovingly baked into bread or perhaps a cake that's not very sweet.

Shoes I do like the idea of your Mom hitting you "upside the back of [your] head" from the urn, I bet she was laughing when she did it!

It's hot hot hot here at 9pm, like 29C, we are waiting on a southerly buster to cool things down after a scorcher of a day.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things cool down Marcher

D
Old 10-10-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Ugh. Didn't go to work today again. Pain is too much. But I am really motivated to get a lot done today.

Hope everyone else has a good day!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Okay DD. This is making me want to kick into friend mode and call your doctors and say wtf? I don't like the idea you are in pain and have to wait one bit. Not one bit. I'm sure you aren't crazy about it either. Anyway they can move you up to get you fixed up sooner? And don't let that work stress get to you. You have lots of years left to work and there will be lots of work to always do. If I learned anything, it's that at the end of our life the only thing that counts is the people you love and who love you. Everything else is kind of crap. Jobs are like rubber balls and people are like glass ones. We all juggle both. Drop a work ball and it will bounce back after flopping around the floor awhile. Drop a people one and it can break into a million pieces never to be put together again.

If I were there I'd push you around in a wheel chair till you could get back up on your feet. And then when you are better you can push me around. We would trick the chair out so it would be very cool. I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning, ya'll!

DD, so so sorry that you are in so much pain. Any way you can get the surgery bumped up? 3 months is an awfully long time to be in such pain. I'll send you a pizza in the meantime.
And, I do like figs. We have fig trees around here, and I don't even cook them! As a matter of fact, I eat tons of fruit. Peaches are one of my favs, but I don't want those fake California peaches. They must be from Georgia, I'm very picky. I cannot think of a fruit I don't like, actually. Apples are my least favorite. Boring. Pears are really good right now! You must be gagging as you read this!!!!
Yes, the younger crowd can get wild. I'm sort of counting on that?

Marcher, what's up with the heat down there? I hope you have air conditioning at least.

I'm ready for the weekend, now. Ugh, I have to do laundry today. Just washing. Did you seriously think I would be ironing? Pah!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, shoes, I can just picture you pushing DD around in a tricked out wheelchair! Blinking lights and music, wheels spray painted. You'd make it fun!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

It does make me feel better to talk about my Mom. I'm so glad I knew her so well. She was funny like Toots and Marcher. Very witty with the word. I'm slapstick goofy like my Dad. We did have a lot of laughs in my house between all of us. I also try to think how I would want people to be if I died. I'd hate for them to be all sad all the time. I would want them to remember all the good parts of me and let the bad parts go.

Sometimes I now wonder if she can read my mind. She always seemed to be able to do that when I was young and was about to do something dumb so now it kind of freaks me out if I have a negative thought. I immediately think she knows. And I'm about ready to get head slapped by a ghost. It's true. People are still with you even when they are gone. I can also see that it would be easy to remember the guilt or bad stuff. I ain't going there. I'm sticking with just remembering the good stuff.

So my Dad and I are doing pretty good. We talk about Mom and we have kind of moved into him being the dad and me being a daughter and not a caretaker. I give him sh*t when he acts goofy and he gives it right back. Just like old times. He yells at me when I'm driving that I go to fast and hit the breaks to hard. He bought me a fly swatter at WalMart. I used it to spank him when he didn't listen to me and wait in his room when I picked him up to go watch the game at friends house. Not hard...just teasing him. We laugh a lot more now. It's nice.

I think about your Mom, Life. I hope they have met up with each other wherever they are now. xoxo
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

DD, I'll admit that my memory isn't what it used to be - am I misremembering that you voluntarily decided to delay your surgery because of a wedding in your immediate family? If that's the case, do you really think they would want you to do that?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Sass - I have permission from my brother to do have the surgery as soon as I can and not worry about the wedding. It's just that all of the good surgeons are booked up. So unless the surgeon at my consult next week thinks I'm really endangering myself, it's just going to have to wait. Apparently, there are a lot of people in pain who need hip replacements. I just have to wait my turn. The thing is, those people can take opiates for the pain in the meantime. I can't. You know, the whole drug addict/alcoholic thing.

My mom wants me to go get a cane. Ugh.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

DD, glad to hear you got past the wedding stumbling block. Does your doctor know about your limitation with pain meds? If a cane will help, I'd go for it no matter how it looks. This is not the time for vanity. Serious pain is no joke! It's exhuasting and debilitating and does an awful number on quality of life, as i'm sure you will agree. I hope your surgeon decides to move your surgery up. It sounds like this isn't the time to keep a stiff upper lip! Hang in and give 'em heck!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys,
An wakeful lot of tipping going on here right now!

DD, I feel for you, I wish I could suggest something- anything to offer even temporary relief, but unfortunately I don't have a magic wand. It's good that you are being so strong minded about the drink/ drugs, as you are in the perfect situation for AV to work it's way into your psyche. Post here as much as you need, and don't worry about moaning, you have a good reason. And if we get fed up Shoes will force feed you bananas!

Shoes, the dynamics of relationships can change a lot when one person leaves or joins a small group, so it's not surprising you and your dad are adapting to your loss with small changes in the way you interact. It all sounds very positive. Do to be in too much hurry to get your mums urn/chest, you will recognise it when you find it.

Joy, you need to be training those boys now!!! My brothers could cook clean Hoover wash & iron, we had our chores and heaven help us if they weren't done!

Marcher I hope it cools down soon. It was freezing here this morning, I really did not want to get out of bed! ,

Life, I'd have had your scent as germolene! Lol

Wehav, I'm sure things will resolve themselves but if you feel you have to compromise your principles a step too far, then you know that you will not feel comfortable in your own skin and that never makes for a healthy relationship. I love my hubby, but at times when we have fallen out over something and he is misbehaving, I feel it may not work out, then it all comes right and I cannot imagine life without the miserable old git!
I hope you don't lose the will to live on the diet, surely there is an alternative to the banana??

Sass, I can't believe your week off is nearly over! Did you get anything done? Or chilax? Apparently according to Mis git chilax is cool when gson says it, but not when I do!

Budd, Jezebel, I love it give jez Jess and Bella as alternatives as well as tart and slapper!!!!

Take care all x
Old 10-10-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Toots, other than my trip last weekend, I've basically done nada! Sheer delight :-)
Old 10-10-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Shoes, I'd love to tell you it gets easier but it's a tough gig. Sounds like your Mom was a bit of a character. My Mum was/is super goofy, always opening her mouth to change feet. I can hear her roars of laughter now.........hope your Mom has good earplugs! I believe they'll have met.......hopefully each one boasting about the daughters they've left downstairs and planning the welcome reception when we finally come to visit (not anytime soon I hope).

Germolene Toots, ha ha, you so don't know me. I'm the worst ED nurse ever, I don't even have an elastoplast at home!

Good morning all. It's Friiiidddddaaaaaayyyyy!!