View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
360shoes

It does make me feel better to talk about my Mom. I'm so glad I knew her so well. She was funny like Toots and Marcher. Very witty with the word. I'm slapstick goofy like my Dad. We did have a lot of laughs in my house between all of us. I also try to think how I would want people to be if I died. I'd hate for them to be all sad all the time. I would want them to remember all the good parts of me and let the bad parts go.

Sometimes I now wonder if she can read my mind. She always seemed to be able to do that when I was young and was about to do something dumb so now it kind of freaks me out if I have a negative thought. I immediately think she knows. And I'm about ready to get head slapped by a ghost. It's true. People are still with you even when they are gone. I can also see that it would be easy to remember the guilt or bad stuff. I ain't going there. I'm sticking with just remembering the good stuff.

So my Dad and I are doing pretty good. We talk about Mom and we have kind of moved into him being the dad and me being a daughter and not a caretaker. I give him sh*t when he acts goofy and he gives it right back. Just like old times. He yells at me when I'm driving that I go to fast and hit the breaks to hard. He bought me a fly swatter at WalMart. I used it to spank him when he didn't listen to me and wait in his room when I picked him up to go watch the game at friends house. Not hard...just teasing him. We laugh a lot more now. It's nice.

I think about your Mom, Life. I hope they have met up with each other wherever they are now. xoxo