Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 18

Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Congratulations Ken and Marcher! Whoop whoop!!

I likey those shoes. Who the heck can afford 100k+ shoes??? Who could possibly even justify spending that??? I'll bet Oprah has a pair. She can give away a lot of money but she knows pretty when she sees it. I like that about her. Girlfriend knows how to balance the funds.

Great idea on the car motivation thing. I may print pictures of all your avatars and make air freshners out of all of you. That would make me feel good seeing all of you hanging from my rear view mirror. Seriously. Would feel like you are all with me and you would smell good. Pick your scent. Who wants to be apple spice??
Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Yuk. Just thought of mine. I don't want to smell of leather, suede or stinky feet.
I'll be vanilla.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Marcher, Ken happy 7th anniversary

You lead the way in the celebrations month on month!

Will write more later feeling meh and dint want to put a dampener on celebrations!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Shoes, can I be maple bacon?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Shoes, I suppose that leaves me with lavender? Actually, I prefer verbena :-)
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Got a call from the breeder yesterday to make sure I was still interested in the puppy. Told her I already have hotel and car reservations, so were good to go on the 25-26. Tentative name for the pup is Jezebel. The breeders call her Jessy, so it's not to far away from that. Of course the name could change at any time.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Shoes, can Natty be egg fart?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

hi everyone. Shoes, I would like to be carmel sundae.
Babs
Old 10-09-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Wet dog, shoes 😃
Old 10-09-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Marcher

I'll be pears with honey.

congrats to Marcher and Ken! Did you think 7 months would ever get here?

Shoes, I'm glad you made it through the craving. That's one tough sonofabitch showing up out of the blue like that. You are tougher.

Hey, toots, I hope your day gets better before it gets colder. Be careful out there!!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh, toots, not wet dog! That's what kids smell like when they come in from the playground. It's not pleasant.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Marcher

Ken, I need a pair of those platinum shoes as well. Because this girl is going out dancing with the girls. I'm getting to know a neighbor, she's getting to know me. And last night on my way out to run she stopped and invited me out for a girl's night with her friends.
I haven't done much socializing in a while, so I'm quite excited! I offered to be the DD. I have no idea where we're going, but I'm going. Yay!

(And they are 10 years younger than I am, but I didn't mention that...)
Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Joy, I will spend the entire winter smelling of wet dawg, I might as well get used to it!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Marcher

And to answer your previous question about my house- it was a filthy mess. Looked like a frat house. Food, dishes, clothes everywhere. And it smelled stale, not my usual lovely Napa Valley Sun and Honeyed Pears scents. They ate all of the food, so empty pantry and fridge. I cannot clean this all myself! I'm going to have to call in reinforcements!

But if they think they have discouraged me from traveling again, oh, they have another thing coming! I have a spa weekend this fall in Florida planned.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. I'm still giggling over Ken's suggestion of egg fart for Natty, Ken I think you'd better lay low for when Natty gets here. Shoes I love your idea, can I pick rose? Although fresh bread might be more appropriate.

Those cravings that come out of nowhere are shockers aren't they Shoes. I think we get comfortable with sobriety so expect it not to happen but, as Sass points out, we need to be on guard all the time. Sounds to me like a deja vu thing with the office.

Have a good day/night Marchers.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Ken, loooovvvveeeeee Shoes shoes!

Can I be Geranium please Shoes?

Toots, glad you've got your furry friend to keep those smiles up

Hello to all.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Marcher and LP!
Nice to see ya, LP, looking all cute and cooish today.

I'm going to be a bad mom and order pizza for dinner, on a school night! And I'm not going to make any vegetables to go with it! Oh, I am getting brave, I tell you.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 months, Budd and Marcher!!!!!!! Yay, you both rock, sober twins! Sober twins... form of.... air fresheners in Shoes' car! Activate! ok, way to digress while showing my age...

Can my scent be cinnamon roll? Yummmmm. Speaking of yummm, this diet thing has been ok, just started it Monday. today I couldn't break away for lunch until 3:00 though so I got a little hungry/cranky. then tonight's dinner really sucked. this is a short term diet designed by a friend of a friend who is a body builder/nutritionist. it's meant to be done for 8 - 12 weeks, then transition to normal food. i'm doing 3 - 6 weeks depending on how I feel about the whole thing. i'm doing it to get my sense of discipline back.

well, dinner on days 3 and 7 of each week are supposed to be high in carbs to trick your body into thinking you are getting enough carbs, so you don't go into "hold on to the fat" mode. dinner tonight then was some brown rice, a sweet potato with some butter, and a banana. brown rice, no problem. I love rice, and usually eat whole grain everything anyway. sweet potato? not my favorite, but i'm game. banana? I hadn't eaten a banana in years. I've tried several times because I always hear they are healthy, but just not into them. well that's how I remember bananas. so how was the banana tonight? VILE. I not only still don't like bananas, I hate them. blech!!!! at least it wasn't a peach, the smell of those can get me nauseated.

at least all this means something funny happened today, i'll take it. still feeling lost and lonely about the stuff with my partner, but no desire to pick up. if anything, it's helping the resolve to stay sober so I can be the best wehav come what may. on one glance, it all seems like dumb stuff to be contemplating separation over. but on the other hand, my ideals and important stuff are tied to it. I am willing to compromise on some things, but not everything I find important. okay, enough babbling.

thank you guys for all being so cool and I really appreciate you. sorry i'm so memememe right now.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wehav2day View Post
ht? VILE. I not only still don't like bananas, I hate them. blech!!!!
Oh shoes, close your eyes and ears!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Marcher

wehav, you may have committed a cardinal error here. I think you DO like bananas, you really DO! (shhhhhh...)