Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 18

Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Marcher and LP, happy Friday!

DD, I hope you can get the surgery soon. Definitely discuss the pain med issue with your doc/surgeon. It may bump you up on the roster. In the meantime, you may have to bite the bullet and get the dang cane. Get a cool one with flames. You can trick out a cane, you know.

I don't know what germolene is but one guess tells me it smells bad, maybe a type of disinfectant?
Poor shoes. Poor, poor shoes. Poor shoes' poor car...

Good news! The girls' night is not a country music thing. Friendly neighbor's friend sings in the band that plays there and it's 80's/90's cover music. So I said it's a go. But I have to go shopping tomorrow for this. Should be interesting. Shoes, I will get my fun on!

Hey, LP! What is it with the goofy moms? I have one of those, too.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Marcher

Well, shoes, I took a pic of a pretty pair of boots for you while I was shopping. And of course I can't get it to show up on this post. I will send it another way. I'm just not savvy enough for some things, I suppose.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

It smells extremely clean JG. Was a life saver for all Mums back in the day of grazed knees...........i'd still rather to smell of Geranium though!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers The southerly buster arrived about 11pm sending all the blinds and doors banging as a proper southerly does. Today is a cool grey pearly day that is a great relief, just 19C as I type this at 10am. No Joy we don't have air conditioning, Aust'n houses tend not to unless they are newer or flats/apartments. I know it seems crazy.

I've been to the produce markets this morning so came back with two baskets of spring veg which is, as you know, Marcher13 heaven.

DD I hope the pain is more bearable, does stretching help or aggravate it?

As Life said it's Friday, so those of you in the past have that to look forward to.

Dee I believe the heat is headed your way, I hope that you can keep reasonably cool.

Have a good and sober day.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Oh goodness Marcher........no air con!!! It's a few years ago now but I remember living in one of my old rental places with no air con and a 42 degree night! I had wet towels on my forehead, I had my pillow case dripping in cold water and I think I must have had about 5 cold showers during the night. I remember I had a 7am shift. No sleep but was so relieved to get to work and get some air con..........there were a lot of weary faces that day! Enjoy the cool air Marcher and Dee, hope it doesn't heat up too much for you today. We're only 22 today, i've still got my fleece on!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Marcher

Ooooh, no A/C? Maybe I don't want to visit Australia after all...
Old 10-10-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
A lot of places that don't get unseasonably warm weather don't have A/C, like in the UK.

And now they're all screwed because of global warming lol.

Thanks for all the support everyone. I hate that half my posts lately have been bitching about my predicament. I feel like people are getting tired of me complaining in meetings. But our secretary told me to keep sharing because it is inspiring to people that I can deal with this and not drink. I guess I'll just have to take his word for it because I feel like I just sound like I whiny *******.

I only went to two meetings this week so far anyway. I will go tomorrow because it's my home group and I have to set up.

Back to work. It's gonna be a late night.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Marcher

Okay, germolene smells good? Well, I love the smell of Bactine. Reminds me of childhood. As a little girl, I used to spray that all over myself like perfume! Hahaha! Then goofy mom made me bathe it off. I have Bactine in our first aid kit here at home. I do not use it as perfume anymore. I've moved up to Dior. (thank goodness!)

DD, bitch all you want, that's why we're here for you!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Dd I don't think you are whiny at all. You are in pain and you are dealing with it very well I think. You are sober, aren't you???

I get what you feel about coming on here and being a little mememe. I've been like that a few days now and am not dealing with constant pain like you. This space is here for you to let out what you gotta let out. If it keeps you sober you are doing the right thing. That's what we are here for! Lots of good thought coming your way buddy. Hope you jump up that new hip list.

You know how people in the us freak out about the thought of "socialized medicine" and cite "horrible consequences" like waiting a few months for a hip replacement? Just sayin'...
Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Marcher

Sooooo, after a long religious debate with Angry Son, I said I must be a bad mother that he should say such things, and he said yeah, you're such a bad mother for raising us to be free thinkers. And that made me think, well, I'm not such a bad mother after all.
I really need to hear good things from the boys more often. It takes away some of my guilt for my addiction.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Joy you are a great mother who made one bad move and are doing all you can yo make up for it. Lay off yourself.

Marcher glad the temperatures have cooled for you.

DD, Wehav has it spot on, this place is here exactly to get out our moans, frustrations and hurts. I know sometimes it feels like all one does in moan, but it is an outward sign that we are unhappy. In the past, being unhappy would lead to giving in to temptation, so it is necessary to let others know you are troubled. I know you are feeling strong just now, but you still have a way to go before your operations and we need to know if you ever feel you are getting depressed or weakening. How would we be able to suss that if you keep it all in?

Plus what you are going through puts things in perspective for the rest of us! I woke up with such a sore neck and shoulder I can't turn easily. But knowing what you are going through, it seems trivial in comparison! 😄

Wehave, how are you feeling today? How's the diet?

As for A/C hahahahahaha! I wish we needed it!!!!! There are af ew rare days in Scotland we manage to get our cardies off, and some brave men walk round in shorts and simmit but for the most part we are in greater danger of hypothermia than hyperthermia!!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Joy, what a wonderful response from Angry Son :-).

DD, I'll just echo what everyone else has said about so-called whining. We all do it at times and that's one of the things these threads are for. I've heard similar concerns by many in the past (and still currently) about their own posts. I like the way Toots and/or Shoes or someone here put it - something like no apologies, ever! Whether we are hurting physically or emotionally, we all need an outlet and to have caring people to share with. Sometimes no specific action is helpful so being able to whine is our only outlet. That's worlds better than drinking!!! So you just hang on for the ride, do what you can, and feel free to come here and whine about it!

Toots, with no A/C you folks are going to have serious problems with global warming. Hmmm, come to thnk of it, we all will so that's the subject of another whine from me ;-)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Seriously Sass, it would need to average 10c higher than our hottest average in Scotland before we need even consider A/C. South of England already suffer some in exceptional hot weather, but I will be long dead and buried before those temperatures ever hit us.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good early morning, ya'll!
Toots, you are right. Sassy you are right. Thank god I did raise my boys to not think inside this bubble, to not be sheep following others blindly. Someone has to stop the cycle of madness! And honestly, I love when they shock their Grand (MIL) by some of the things they say! My H cringes, and I just smile.(btw- Angry Son is captain of the debate team. I also taught him to argue his way into extra credit, excused absences, and lunches off campus. )

Sassy, is this the end of your staycation? You said you did nothing much, which was your purpose, so, success!

Toots, Sorry you have to be cold all the time up there. I'm chilled just thinking of you having to bundle up all the time. Boston will get warm/hot in the summer, so get ready for it! Oh, I know a very nice town nearby, where a friend of mine lives. It's name is Norwell, Mass. It's 20 mi. south of Boston in Plymouth county, just inside the bay. An historical, pretty town, if you want to be in the suburbs. Zillow has 110 listings as of this moment. 2 hrs. to Martha's Vineyard, one of my fav places. Look at this pic of sunset, ignore the boys...

Old 10-11-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Marcher

There I go again, giant pic! sorry.

Here's Nantucket,iIt's a couple of years old, beautiful beach and houses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
nantucket.jpg (42.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone. I got knocked off SR somehow and it took me a couple of tries to get back on. Leave it to me---Nothing comes easy. Have a great day everyone. Here is a big HUUUUUGGG FOR YOU.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Marcher

You have a great day, Babs!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Joy - That's the second pic you've posted lately with young men in it (your race pic too). Are you trying to tell us something?

At least Angry Son has a venue to vent his ire. My mom taught me how to argue/negotiate my way out of anything. Good skill to have, but dangerous in the wrong hands like mine. And of course, getting a law degree didn't help. When I was using and drinking, I would manipulate everyone around me to do whatever I wanted. I never lost an argument, even when I was wrong. I hurt and took advantage of people because of it. Teach him how to use these skills the right way.

It's cold and rainy here on the east coast. Not good for the hips. But I'm in good mood today. Got a lot done yesterday and can relax a bit today. I'm right on target for making my Monday deadline. And I'll drag myself to a meeting tonight. Even if it's to just show my face so people know I'm still alive and sober so they stop texting me and asking me if I'm ok. It's nice to have friends now that care

Sass - I would kill for a week of nothing. Sounds divine. I mean, I'd like to travel some too, but I still don't trust myself in a different city yet. My sponsor said the rules change when you go outside your hometown limits. Plus, I currently have no one to travel with so I'd be all alone in a hotel, most likely with a bar. In due time, I guess.

Maybe I could surf on one of your couches when I'm all fixed up lol. I wouldn't dare drink in the presence of another SR member. I can cook and clean, and I'm very polite (I do, however, curse like a sailor, but only if you curse first).
I have like a month of vacation banked up, though I'll probably have to use a bit for the surgery.

No whining today. I prayed so hard last night for a good day today and so far, so good.

Happy Friday, everyone!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Marcher

Haha, DD! Those are kids, the boys and cousins. I'm not trying to tell you anything, other than boys always end up in my pics! I should have cropped them out, I guess.
I'm so glad you're feeling better today. Being on target for your deadline helps, yes? Keep having a good day.
(ps- yesterday I was with MIL in the car and I yelled a choice word at another driver. MIL gasped as if I had run him over. haha! It was funny. Rude, but funny.)
Old 10-11-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  

I have a pretty good on/off switch with the vulgar language. I never curse at work. I've never cursed in court (though I have been cursed at by another attorney after I won a big motion).

I do curse a lot in meetings.....in churches (gasp!). I also curse a lot with my friends. Never at people, just in the context of the conversation, unless you're a mindless driver trying to run me over as I cross the street.