Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 18

Old 10-11-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Joy, I adore Martha's Vineyard! Wish I could afford a summer place there.

Toots, I can't say I need to worry about global warming for me ...I'll be long gone by the time that gets bad. I just feel for today's young ones and their children.

DD, if you clean and cook, you can sack out on my sofa anytime ;-). Do you take care of elderly ladies, too? Happy to hear you are having a better day today. I don't mind cursing - have been known to do a bit of that myself, lol.

It was great having a whole week of sleeping late, etc. the downside is that I've had very little energy and my white count is down, so about every week or two I have 24 hours of tissue-gobbling sniffles and today is the day this week. I think I'm zeroing in on the cause so I need to be a wee bit patient (not one of my strong suits!).

Hmm, in proof-reading the above, maybe the best alternative for my retirement issues is for me to get a place on the Vineyard with enough space for all of the Sober Marchers to come and stay as long as you all want. There would be only a single requirement -- that at least one Marcher other than yours truly is there at all times to take care of moi
Old 10-11-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  
Marcher

Absolutely, mindless drivers deserve the salty language. Plus, I'm not so good turning it off lately. I'm working on it. Certainly can't use it at school.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Marcher

Me! ME! Me!!!!! I volunteer!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ygirl View Post
Me! ME! Me!!!!! I volunteer!!!

WooHoo - you're ON!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Marcher

There are some great rentals there! If we split it by 10???

Here's a cute shirt in a local boutique...who wants one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ya'll shirt.jpg (23.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 10-11-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
There are some great rentals there! If we split it by 10???

Here's a cute shirt in a local boutique...who wants one?
Joy ---I couldn't fill those boots. ha ha ha ha
Old 10-11-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  
Marcher

Yeah, I'm trying to say ya'll as much as I can to fit in here! Even the scoreboard at the High School Football field is labeled (instead of Home and Away) Us and Ya'll! I should take a pic of it, it's so funny.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=joygirl;4232098]?..and he said yeah, you're such a bad mother for raising us to be free thinkers.[QUOTE]

Well that will come back to bite you in the *ss when he is all grown up. Lol
Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh, but shoes, he IS all grown up. He's 16! A paragon of knowledge and power. And BS.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Hello fellow french speakers. I too am fluent in french but have the talent of being able to turn it off and on as needed. Don't know how that happened. I speak of french as in when someone says a naughty word and then says pardon my french. I respond I'm fluent in french also so it's okay.

I agree, never to be used at people though. Even though I did read that book by that Japanese scientist who studied ice crystals. They turned all abnormal when spoken to negatively. The ice crystals...not Japanese people. The nice positive words made the ice crystals all pretty.

But then I also saw on Myth Busters that plants grew better in a green house listening to Metallica than classical music. Go figure.

So I had another craving yesterday. Ugh. Just when I thought I could sail through all this all easy. Whammo. Got a text message from an old boyfriend who our most common activity was drinking to oblivion. I ignored the text and the craving. The only reason I knew it was him is because I keep old bf numbers in my phone with a big DNA instead of their name. DO NOT ANSWER. After a safe period of time, then they get deleted. Reminds me. The D's in my contact list need cleaned out.

Oh well, just the way it is. I kind of wondered how it would be when my caretaking days were sort of over if this would happen. Bitched that I didn't have a life but now that I got the time to have one the old one resurfaced its ugly head wondering where I have been.

Just another lesson to work through. And I will. Ain't going back. Probably good practice since there will be the day I will be working again. I should probably just plan on having a plan for the old happy hour and the nightly come home from work and drink myself to another planet routine.

Damn. I thought I was cured.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Shoes, yeah - I know exactly what you mean. I got tripped up by that after many years sober -- a couple of times. I'd have thought I would have learned after two go-arounds. I may try what I did when I quit smoking; I told myself that if I ever found I had a terminal disease, I could start smoking again. But after being off cigarettes for about 15-20 years, I realized I never want to go back. So I may try that here, too.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Hey. I added another recipe to my cooking skills. Add homemade sugar cubes to the dog and cat treats. Here's the recipe for you.

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon water
Fluff with a fork
Press in cute plastic candy molds. I have hearts, roses, fleur de lis ones
Let sit overnight or at least an hour if you can't stand it and have no patience.

They are as cute as a little bugs ear.

I am freakin Martha Stewart I tell you.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

oh my shoes---you are a Martha aren't you.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Oh Shoes i don't even know who Martha Stewart is but she must be cool, she's got a Scottish surname.

Toots, it's weird but when i'm home and it reaches 20c (on that one day of the year) i'm out in the shorts n t-shirt, here i'm wearing my fleece!! A/C, ha ha, do they sell that in MFI?! People would just laugh their irn bru bellies off at that suggestion.

Sass love the new avatar.

Hello all. Lovely blue sunny Saturday skies this morning. Got a facial and a tap shoe shop planned.

DD........think I may be the queen of whining on this forum so fire away.......a marcher whine, is a good whine, call it Marcher catharsis.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers. Blue skies here too like Life, no facial planned but a huge baking show (as in flour, equipment, professionals) tomorrow. I need to drive up to the city for that so Joy can have fun envisioning Marcher cursing.

We have an opening to go to tonight so my chinnotto is chilling because I know there won't be anything other than warm OJ for the non-drinkers.

Thanks for the recipe Shoes, it's ah, yes it's ah..I'll bet it looks good in the err candy moulds. Here's a shoe for you;

Have a good sober weekend everyone.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 516 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

On to the next round....here's the new part!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-19-a.html