Notices

Class of April 2013 Part 2

Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Day 17. Mentally feeling okay, physically just exhausted. Wishing it was Monday so I didn't have to deal with the weekend.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

day 10 and getting tired with making excuses not to drink. Currently in a hotel with nothing to do away on business and everyone wants to go enjoy the sun with a few drinks. I will not give in to temptation.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Mmhoule- Thanks for the Geo Caching idea! It looks like a neat way to get out and discover our surroundings.
I had my ultrasound on my liver this morning. She said that nothing jumped out at her, but it was going to be reviewed by the doctor. Although I was really afraid of something bad, it's also weird to think that this is all nothing. My biggest motivation was the scare of liver damage.
However, I am really liking being sober. I'm seeing more details in life. Like last night, I watched my German Shepherd try to tackle a stink bug. It was hilarious and I would have missed it in my usual drunken state.
I used to be the buzzed soccer mom. (Mother of the year here) I think the shame kept me drinking to cover that emotion. Of all the emotions, shame is the least useful. It puts us in a weak state. I'm never going back to that person.
I'm juggling my career, home, and kids largely on my own since my husband is out of town a lot. I realize that keeping it all together is tough. My career is back burner to my husbands and caring for our kids and home. I feel for all the single parents out there.
It's time to deal. I know that I will be soon searching every hamper for those this little f- shin guards and racing to get to soccer practice on time. We'll come home. I'll cook a healthy dinner that they will surely hate. Clean up, baths, stories, bedtime, and breathe. But I'll be sober.
So maybe my liver isn't my only motivation. Perhaps I can stop drinking beets now.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Beavis Geo-caching is so much fun!! We went to Colorado a few years ago and just did that! We saw places we wouldn't even have thought to go to. Views we never would have seen. It is my absolute favorite thing to do!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Day 5 here. I'm beating av off with a stick right now because it is screaming at me that drinking would be a good idea because there are tornado and storm watches all over the place and those freak me out! I'm laughing at it today, because really would it really help me to be drunk if there was a tornado? lol.... I think not.

Anyone else in this nasty weather stay sober and safe!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Beavis, glad to hear the ultrasound looked good! I know what you mean, though, I was so afraid I had damaged my liver and that became ONE of my biggest motivators to quit. I was so relieved when my bloodwork came back normal, but was also like, uhhh? I guess we have to look at it like, thank God we stopped in time. Who knows what one more year, month, or binge would have done. I can also relate to one of your previous posts where you said one of your triggers is your husband being out of town. That is a HUGE trigger for me. Although my husband doesn't travel very often, when he does I am like a kid in a candy store. I am on Day 11 and he just told me he has to go out of town next Wed/Thurs

Anyway, won't worry about it now as it only makes me anxious.

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Beavis, I'm another soccer mom I feel you on trying to find those freaking shin guards! We have a basket that all of the soccer stuff is supposed to go in as soon as they come home but you know half of it never ends up in there! lol. I'm so glad that your ultrasound looked good. Its awesome that you went and had it checked out, I'm to chicken S*** at this point to go to the dr.

LadyBug2, so glad to hear that your bloodwork came back so quickly and that it looks good! I totally understand av trying to tell you that's a good enough to keep drinking, I'm sure you are strong enough to stay sober and keep your body in a healthy state! We will be here for you next week when your hubby is out of town.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hi all - have really busy at work today, so am just now checking in for the day...Day 10! On my way out the door to pick up my son from his group and then to Boy Scouts...not my idea of a good time, but at least I'll be in the here and now!

Hang in there to those struggling today...welcome to the newbies!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Hi all - day 3 and checking in. So glad to read the good health reports! Such a relief that must be. Maybe a good motivator to stay sober - it's almost like getting a second chance

Things are going well but it surprised me that I really did go back to square one after my "slip." My anxiety came back in full and I feel like I'm starting all over. Using exercise to keep it all in check. Hope everyone has a nice evening!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hi All

Quick check in, all good, just completed bid response number 3 of 5 that need to be out this week and really want to hit the sack before midnight!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by mmhoule View Post
Well I had a few drinks at work last night. Feeling pretty crappy about it. I just want to stay home and hide rather than face another day of failure. I am looking for new work but my husband is laid off so now is not the time to make a change. Has anyone found any holistic methods that help?
Do you have any support besides SR mmhoule?
I really believe we get out of our recovery what we put in.

Is there anything different you think you could be doing?
Anything more?

D
Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

I need to be back to the day one
Old 04-17-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Sorry didnt make a proper introduction... I've started here in January... and with all the support made it until yesterday...slipped
Old 04-17-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome terrazinaa
whats up muskrats?
D
Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! It's been a while...
I'll try and make it this time=)
Old 04-18-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, well sorry iv been off radar for a few days, been incredibly busy which is a good thing as its keeping me occupied! Day 15 here and feeling fantastic. Got to go into town later and run loads of errands and I am toying with the idea of going back to my main job next week, be it on reduced hours.
Mustlovecoffee (& all Americans) so sorry to see about the Boston Marathon on the news, it made me sick to my stomach. It also scared me on a personal level as my husband (who is a runner) had been seriously taking about doing the Boston Marathon for The British Heart Foundation (he's a Cardiologist ..for the benefit of newcomers who havnt met me) we only decided a few months ago that he would do Paris & London instead, as with our current financial problems it was more viable. Given his best time in previous marathons he would have been in about 20 -30 mins b4 it went off, so probably milling round, scary thought. My heart goes out to everyone.
Ladybug2, im so glad your bloodwork was ok, it must be a relief ..tell that AV that you want to keep it that way. My recent bloodwork was a little off, My kidney function wasnt quite right and my bilirubin only slightly elevated but after 3 1/2 years of painkiller abuse it was not surprising and should right itself in time.
Doris, hey there we havnt met! Iv recently read a fab book called High Sobriety by Alice King (the former times wine critic & wine buyer for tesco) its a funny fab read, she had quite a glittery lifestyle and is all about her realising and dealing with the realisation she was an alcoholic ...really good.
Newleaf hope your well, im not sure that you saw the post I left you last week about the advil your fever, sore tummy & nosebleeds, possibly not, iv not been on for a few days!!hope your feeling better!
Terrazinaa, welcome x
mmhoule, hang in there, everyone is rooting for you
Janie I know what you mean about trying to get your life in order now your sober, i too am trying to do the same thing, the only thing I can get in order is the selling of my house as its outwith my control until we find a buyer! Heres hoping!
Hope everyone has a great day. thinking of you all. xx

Last edited by fruitymarzipan; 04-18-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: spelling, sentance error
Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

IM SURROUNDED BY SOCCER MOMS!!!

No, that is a good thing. I have no idea how you hold it together.

Watching my sister try to manage her two makes me tired. I'm tired even typing about thinking about watching her. It's like miniature clowns with megaphones after a case of Mountain Dew.

All is ok here. Exhausted. Absolutely exhausted. I have a massage tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm taking my sketchbooks, and going outside. Tomorrow is Phone-free. No calls. No texts. I'm worn down from all the news from home. I need a day off.

Friend comes on Saturday. More guests. Uhhh, I mean, YAY!

It'll be nice. He's not a big drinker or anything, so it'll be easy to mention I'm just not drinking anymore. We'll do the usual tourist stuff. Hang out, be silly. Will be nice to have a boy here for once...since the last three weeks, Blue Dog and I had to hide from all the GIRLZ running around here.

I wish you all well in your continuing path. I'm tickled that as our Class gets to know each other, the support is just gushing about. It's fantastic! Go Bandicoots!

Wishing you and yours a pleasant day...hug someone. You may like it! After all, today is all we have.
Regards, Scoutie
Old 04-18-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Ok I hear this expression alot on american shows, what is a "soccer mom" ??!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Welcome Terrazinaa. I'm on day 2 after having slipped from last year. Reasons/excuses don't matter. New resolve and support and commitment do. You can do this!