Notices

Class of April 2013 Part 2

Old 04-15-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Happy Monday! Day 8 for me...excited to have a solid week under my belt. The weekend without the kid was fine...hubby and I didn't really talk about the elephant in the room, just enjoyed each other's company, and while he didn't say anything, I could tell he was proud of me and happy that I was not drinking. On Saturdays, I used to start around noon! A few cravings while hubby was barbequing, but my sober voice talked me out of it! Yay!

Hope you all are having a great start to your week!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I am joining April today. This is my 5th or 6th attempt. I have to get sober or something horrible is going to happen to me. I need to make this happen
Old 04-15-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hi all -- On day 1 here. I made it two months but blew it yesterday. I'm going to head back and catch up on past posts to get to know everyone.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Welcome, Duffster! I have been following the March class for the last month or so when i first found this forum. Made it 8 days and then slipped so decided to join the April class and I am so glad I did. Sorry you slipped after 2 months, but you should feel good for getting that far. I am only on Day 9 so that seems like an eternity to me right now. Maybe your experience can help some of us and hopefully, we can help you
Old 04-15-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ladybug! I'm disappointed in myself but I have to accept that I messed up and move on. So glad to be here and feeling a renewed since stay sober. And day 9 is awesome! I can't wait to get there again!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Day 3 here. I'm just to the point in my day av voice tries to sway me. But for today I'm going to be stronger and av can take a hike!! I'm sure I will stay close and check in a bit later.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
I'm here.
Bumps and briuses along the way but I'm (back) on day 2. What a rough ride this is. Saturday was horrible, or I should say Sat night/most of Sunday was. I don't understand why drinking seems like the best way to counter depression when I know alcohol is a depressive.
Ugh.
Wish me luck everyone, I do feel better today about being sober, but I'm horribly depressed.
Good luck to you! I am on day 2 as well. I feel so good today and I don't want ti go back to what I was a few days ago. My longest time has been 8 days. And that is over a period of 6 years of really being conscious of my drinking. Not impressive...I know. But now I have found all of you and I am almost courageous enough to go to a meeting. Hang in there!!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

What is AV ?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 (it's 22.03 here) and I feel rubbish...sweats, cravings. Think I might go to bed.

Sorry to hear the News from Boston, sad times 😥
Old 04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
So I just made an appt with my GP to have a physical. Appt is next Tuesday and am going to be honest with her about everything. I wasn't last year and then the lab work all came back fine so felt relieved. I want to have bloodwork done, again, to check my liver. Even though it was OK last year I am worried because I drank a lot more straight vodka and had more frequent binges in the last 6 months. Also have had some abdominal pain, ugh. Very scared. Anyone else go through this worry about damaging our livers?
I worry about hypoglycemia and heart palpitating lately. Not sleeping well unless "medicated" but trying to stay away from all that too. I am trying to be more aware instead of detached about my health.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

AV = Addictive Voice, it's that bit of you that's hell bent on wrecking yourself and is a sneaky sod when it comes to rationalising you into "just having one..."

Hi All,

Lond day today, out at 05:30 and back at 21:30 - too tired to even think about drinking, quick post on here and straight to bed.

Day 14 all wrapped up :o)

Stay strong y'all
Old 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I had abnormal blood work come back recently. On Wednesday, I have an ultrasound to determine the amount of damage. I am very nervous about it. However, it is my biggest motivation to not drink anymore. I've had some heart palpitations, but they have been getting so much better. They hardly happen anymore. I am really hoping that I stopped before it was too late.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Duffster Dorris and dbskid

I hope you'll find the news is not so bad Beavis - best wishes

D
Old 04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I hear you mmhoule and Beavis... In the past 10 or so years of serious drinking I not once stopped to think about the damage I was doing to my body. Now that i have a little one who depends on me so I am much more concerned, hence me joining this site and wanting to quit. Guess I will find out tomorrow how much damage I've done, though I imagine bloodwork won't come back for few days. Very nervous......
Old 04-15-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
I hear you mmhoule and Beavis... In the past 10 or so years of serious drinking I not once stopped to think about the damage I was doing to my body. Now that i have a little one who depends on me so I am much more concerned, hence me joining this site and wanting to quit. Guess I will find out tomorrow how much damage I've done, though I imagine bloodwork won't come back for few days. Very nervous......
Try not to worry. You are taking steps to get healthy, and at least you know you can't do anymore damage if you don't drink. I will be rooting for you!

My little one is a big motivator for me as well. I need to be healthy and present for her. Oh yeah, and be a good example! My parents are addicts and I wonder where I would be now if they had gotten sober. I don't want that for her.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

HopeSho- Great point about the kids. My dad's an alcoholic and my brother is a drug addict. He was never abusive or mean or anything. Mostly just tired and slurry. He was in rehab and stopped for a long time and started drinking again when my parents divorced. He doesn't remember most of our conversations that we have. I just listen to him tell me the same stories over and over. He also isolates himself. My brother texts me stupid gibberish and he's ignored the"don't call when your trashed" rule so many times that I don't answer anymore.
God, I don't want to be like them.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thanks, Hopesho, for the comforting words. All of this worrying and thinking the worst has really taught me a lesson. Is alcohol really worth it? It is such a daily struggle right now to kick AV to the curb, but if I stop and really look at the big picture and fast forward 10, 20, 30 years it makes it a little easier and I know it will be worth it

Hope everyone had or is having a good day. Chins up
Old 04-15-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Trying to have a good day 2 of being sober. Im irritable and I can honestly say it isn't from wanting to drink. It's my husband...I have been miserable for so long. So many things. I don't even want to share with him my path of sobriety. I guess I feel like I want a brand new life in all ways. I just want to be happy with my kids...all 6 of them and me. My husband isn't their dad and its just constant stress over your kid my kid stuff. I don't blame him or anyone for my drinking but when I just want to be "away" from him...I drink. To sleep. To drift. To shut him out. Sorry...just venting. I'll check in tomorrow. I think I am off to relax in a hot tub with some quiet me time! Take care! Stay strong!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hello April Peeps!
Im dropping in to let you know 2 things: It gets easier and you have made a fabulous decision. Keep on Keeping on! We are doing this.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Morning April,

Start of day 3 and the anxiety it at an all time high, I can feel my body is very warm and my thoughts are racing, but at least I am thankful that I am sleeping, I slept most of yesterday and slept all night last night and could quite easily go back to bed

I wish you all a good sober day

xxx