D
Old 04-17-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

am I the first?
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BobbyZ View Post
am I the first?
Looks like it :p Be proud.. you have acquired a very holy and sought after chalice there......
Old 04-17-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome 1Dayatatyme and healing1
Congratulations on 90 days Natty

D
Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm kinda lost here. I was looking at the old thread and then saw this one. I think I am in the right place. This week has been tough but getting a little easier. Work has been OK but I have had to catch myself from zoning out. The long talk with my sister was very intense but good. I have so much stuff work out and my journey is just beginning. I have only told one friend, a neighbor, and now I am going to have to tell other people because I can only stay "alone" so much. I am ready to see some people, I just am not sure how I am going to deal with all of my drinking friends. They are all such partiers. But I need to get out. I have taken two walks since the weekend and it is nice to have some fresh air. I am sleeping better for sure and feel more rested. I hope everyone is well. I cannot check in on a daily basis but will when I can get to a computer. I am without internet for the time being at my place. Have a good week to all. Bobby
Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Looks like it :p Be proud.. you have acquired a very holy and sought after chalice there......
Ha ha. I was looking in the other thread and was about to post but then saw a link and it led me here. I don't need to pick up any chalices though, because I would want to fill one up with something baaaad. ha ha
Old 04-17-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Guys I am going to be bowing out of the thread for the foreseeable future. Keep yourselves together and sober. All the best.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hello
just checking in
hope all is well
Old 04-17-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

whats up panache?

D
Old 04-17-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Panache, what is the problem sweetheart? You seemed ok earlier on??
Old 04-17-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Bobbyz, you have had an awful lot to deal with, it is hardly surprising you feel like you have been through the ringer. It's good you have some support now, but I feel it is too early to be around your drinking buddies. If you need to get out and about, why not look into some AA meetings near you? You are right, you are on a journey, but at least you are not alone. Even if you can't check in very often, we will always be pleased to see you.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Guys I am going to be bowing out of the thread for the foreseeable future. Keep yourselves together and sober. All the best.
I hope you keep in touch with us, we'll really miss you around here.

You know, in the past when I've drank (i'm not saying you have or are planning to return to etc), I have always for some reason abstained from posting here which has always seemed weird to me as quite a lot of the time the time I drink is when I need help the most.

I'd want to hear from every single one of you no matter what, I care about you all. The website may be called soberrecovery, but there is a lot more to THIS thread than that, we are friends here and I genuinely believe we care about each other.

Please keep in touch, we will all miss you if you decide to leave. Stay strong buddy

Ben
Old 04-17-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yestofreedom View Post
hello
just checking in
hope all is well
Hello yesto How you doing?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Cr@p, I'm tired. Went to my folks house today. Cut grass, trimmed, fertilized...3/4 of an acre of landscaped lawn. I'm so sore. Had a little conflagration with a sister that I wasn't expecting. Realized what my problem with her is: "If you don't agree with me, you're wrong". Well, those two(my sisters) can live without me. I've got too many of my own issues to deal with them.

I noticed that on the day I had to be away...an effing party broke out! How dare you? Y'all had a great time without me? How could you? I'm so verklempt.

Fine. Be that way. I'll just eat leftovers and go to bed.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

After I watch the LPGA.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post

Hello yesto How you doing?
not too good but finding a way.
got a therapist and going to an alcohol recovery centre for binge drinking.
im looking for solutions
Old 04-17-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi yesto, I hope you are able to relate to your therapist and work out your binge drinking. The people at the centre will be helpful too. I guess it all boils down to working out our s personal relationships with alcohol, if we can figure out what need it fills in us, we can find other ways to complete ourselves. Good luck and let s know how you get on.

Ben, very valid words, with me it was simple, when I got the urge I didn't want to be talked out of it, that is why I stayed away from SR. Again that 2 year old AV with a tantrum ready to kick off if denied.

Trachy, sorry to hear about the row, families huh? Who needs them! Er actually we do, but that's not the point!! My dad is the same, he is always right ergo if you disagree with him you're wrong. I just change the subject when things get charged, but space is really good too.
You missed it all buddy, blood and snot everywhere!! Chuff picked up his ball and went home, you should have seen Buddick come out swinging, never thought he had it in him to be honest! Natty briefly became Loretta, but I personally don't think he has the legs for it!
No wonder your verklemp!! If we had the number of your folks house, we woulda called! Xx
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

toots, my Dad, and Mom, are heaven sent. They have always thought the best of me, supported me, and loved me. In my current situation, they are acting like Titans. TITANS. No judgement, no conditions, no strife. Get straight first, get a job second, rebuild you life little turtle.

My sisters are a different story. You remember when I divorced them? They are egomaniacs. Solipsists. The world revolves around them. As I come out of my alcohol induced stupor, they find MY world doesn't revolve around them. Neither does my parents'. I don't think they're ready to handle sober me. One has career stress and the other relationship issues. And big brother(me) has addiction issues. And I'm whipping mine. Sober me is a b@st@rd. Laser vision. One thing in focus at a time. Sorry girls, but all those years of you being the family focus are over. I GOT MY OWN PROBLEMS.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning people. I have just read through about six pages, it's quite like old times for the Marchers! Welcome to our new marchers.

Panache sweetie are you OK? Can you PM one of us? No problem taking time out we just want to make sure you are OK.

Have a good one peeps.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hello my Marcher friends: I'm just going to say it and get it over with. I drank 3/4 of a (big) bottle of wine last night.

I felt it coming for over a week, and yesterday I just didn't feel like fighting the fight anymore, bought the wine and snuck sips of it throughout the night (how elegant, right?). And to tell the truth, I didn't enjoy it one bit. I didn't feel that wonderful buzz I thought I had been missing. And then of course came the crappy night's sleep and a hangover all day at work. I regret it, of course, but I feel like something good has come out of it. I have absolutely NO desire to drink AT ALL, which never happens after a night of drinking. I like my sober life better, that's just it. I don't want to sound overly confident or like I'm rationalizing it, but I really feel like I am "over" drinking. I finally feel and believe that it's just not all that it's cracked up to be. Not worth it at all. I don't know if what I"m saying makes sense. I wish it didn't take me drinking to feel like this, I wish it just came on it's own. But this is how it is. It's over, its done, and I'm moving on, happier, and more committed than ever. I just don't feel like alcohol fits in with my life anymore. I know feelings change, and it may not last, but for now, this is how I feel and it feels good.
Hope this kind of made sense I used to read about others' relapses and was so scared it would happen to me. It did, and if anyone is considering it..DON'T do it. I thought I was missing something by not drinking..nothing could be further from the truth!