Old 05-04-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was out for a while too apple - hope everyone is well

D
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Glad youre feeling better apple and dee. Day 84 here checking in real quick. Have a good Sunday.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi August people,

Doing oker dokers here, still clean and getting my fruit and veggie smoothies on.

Life is mostly about the house the house the house. We're in the final stretch as we will be in by June 1. So we won't get all the work done before hand since it's all taking longer than we anticipated, big surprise lol. We got a sewer bill for ten grand lol which was clearly a mistake and I double checked anyway just to be sure but wow! Definitely the largest bill I ever opened.

Tomorrow I am going to a baseball game with Sweetie's school class, it's education day at the baseball stadium. There will be a big catered lunch and get to hear all the teacher gossip.

The B continues to have issues but we are doing the best we can with it and plenty busy besides.

Hugs!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi all

Sorry I've been away for a few days, just some family stuff going on, mainly my parents. but I'm still sober and intent on staying that way----for ever.

It's a beautiful day and I'm going to get my backside out in the garden.

I'll catch up more with you all tomorrow, when I'm in work, yuck!

Stay safe and sober

Gxxxx

Just for Today: I can laugh at myself. I can take a joke. I will lighten up and have some fun today.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Day 85 here. I'm still sober too yay! I've been missing church as past couple weekends at son's dads house. I am going to try saturday mass so i can still get that in my weekend. Mother's day is coming up and it is my first one. I have already been shown my gift and it's so special and beautiful. It's been a little rough for me at work. I've been making mistakes, but we did have a talk today and she says more training is in order which i agree with 100%. I'm basically learning 2 jobs at once and I've been there 6/7 weeks now not 6/7 months. In better news I've lost 9 pounds total since I've kept up with journaling my food and exercising. I can be very proud of myself for those changes.

Hope everyone is doing fab
Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Something I want to try and start incorporating into my recovery is daily journaling. I thought about why all the sudden now I've come to be successful in eating right and exercising past the 1 week mark and the major thing I'm doing different is journaling my food. It's like magic for me. Maybe it works because I subconsciously want to reflect on the good choices I've made throughout the day so I make good choices. In any event, I figure journaling should have a similar positive effect on my emotions and I did a lil research and found that it can do just that! Here's a link for anyone interested and I'll go ahead and copy and paste what the heck.

Goodnight all.

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyc...ContentID=4552

"Keep in mind that journaling is just one aspect of a healthy lifestyle for better managing stress, anxiety, and mental health conditions. To get the most benefits, be sure you also:

Relax and meditate each day.

Eat a nutritious, balanced diet.

Exercise regularly—get in some activity every day.

Treat yourself to plenty of sleep each night.

Avoid alcohol and drugs.

Use your journal to make sure you follow these guidelines daily.

Journaling how-to

Try these tips to help you get started with journaling:

Try to write every day. To encourage yourself to write in your journal regularly, set aside just a few minutes every day.

Make it easy. Keep a pen and paper handy at all times so that when you want to jot down your thoughts, you can. You can also keep a journal in a computer file.

Write whatever feels right. Your journal doesn't need to follow any particular structure. It's your own private arena to discuss whatever you want. Let the words flow freely without worrying about spelling mistakes or what other people might think.

Use your journal as you see fit. You don't have to share your journal with anyone. If you do want to share some of your thoughts with trusted friends and loved ones but don't want to talk about them out loud, you could show them parts of your journal.

Keeping a journal helps you establish order when your world feels like it’s in chaos. It helps you get to know yourself by revealing your innermost fears, thoughts, and feelings. Look at your writing time as personal relaxation time, a time when you de-stress and wind down. Write in a place that's relaxing and soothing—maybe with a lit candle and a cup of tea. Look forward to your journaling time, and know that you're doing something good for your mind and body."
Old 05-07-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

11.35 Tuesday

Good morning my Augustrialites

I hope you are are all fit and well. I'm sat in work at the moment and the sun is beaming down, it's a beautiful morning, definitely going to fit a brisk walk in at lunch time. On days like this though, it's very tempting just to keep on walking, right past work, and all the way home!!
We got invited to an imprompto BBQ last night, which was a lovely surprise. It wasn't a late night, but we enjoyed it, good conversation and good company.

LLG, you're sounding good and at peace with yourself. Can't wait to know what your Mother's day gift is.
Don't be worrying about making a few mistakes at work, that's how we learn, I'm sure they don't expect you to know 'everything' over night. Extra training can only be a good thing.
Well done on the weight loss, that's brilliant, just goes to show what you can do when you're sober. xxxx
I think a daily journal is a really good idea as is a gratitude list, which I find really helpful. Have a look at the gratitude threads here if you want an idea of what I mean.
Sorry I can't open your link in work, but I will check it out from home first chance I get.

I need to go and do a bit of work now but I'll check in again later

Stay safe and sober you lot

Gxxx

Just for Today: I will enhance peace in the world by living, speaking, and acting peacefully in my own life
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Smile

LLG---I too have kept a journal over the years (even when I was drinking) ha ha i have a hard time reading some of that . But, it also helps if you want to remember who had the last Holiday or small or even big events that happened in your life.When i was angry about something and now i read back at some of the stuff and think how silly of me and glad i kept those thoughts to myself. It's a very good idea and I'm not sorry at all that I keep one.
Have a great day---everyone and stay strong.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

14.15 Wed

HI again August tribe

It's a miserable, wet, grey day today, we've had two glorious days of sunshine, so I suppose that's it for this year, if last summer is anything to go by!
I'm in work right now, just having lunch and a sly post, last day in for me this week though, then the real work begins!

Babs, I had to laugh at your post, it reminded how I used to write all my Christmas cards out when I'd had a few, I dread to think now what I might of wrote, lol, though I bet most of them were unreadable anyway.

Well, it's a bit quiet again here today. I'll call back again later if I get chance.

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

Just for Today: I will admit that I don't have all the answers. I will look and listen to the experience of others for the answers I need.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hey guys. I have 9 months today!!! Amazing. 3/4 of a year. I'm loving life right now.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow congratulations Erica

best wishes with the journal LLG

hiya Grace, Babs and Stairs !
D
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All

Big decisions about highschool for my daughter to be made in the very near future.

Everything else is going very well. Nice weather today.

Hope you are all well
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you are too Jodie

D
Old 05-09-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Congrats Erica that's huge!!

Today was a really great day at work. I feel good because I pushed past a conflict took control and came out strong instead of running away/quitting like is my pattern.

Day 88 ending, night all.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

12.20 Fri

Hi all my August gang

Wet, cold and windy here in the North West U.k, so bad I've had to put my heating back on!

Erica, you're a star. 9 months is amazing, it's hard to believe how far we've come. Congratulations.

Hi Dee.

Decisons, decisions, Jodie, good luck, though I'm sure you'll pick the right one.

LLG, that's progress, I'm so proud of you.

See you all later

Gxxx

Just for Today: I will increase my state of readiness by becoming more aware of my shortcomings.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Nine months is amazing, Erica! Congratulations to you and everyone!

We switched commitments at the home group and I said I'd be chairperson, not really thinking about it until last night when I was making coffee because the new person didn't show up....I was wondering who would chair the meeting and my sponsor said I would since I had volunteered....lol. I thought it was chairing the business meeting they meant....hahaha....anyway it went fine , lol. Air Head.

Been kind of sad today , I guess on the pity pot, well just writing it out makes me feel better.

Well the house continues, today got the new fridge delivered and it juuusst fits in the spot. I cannot wait to move! Now that I know there is a date of relocation the neighbors get on my nerves more, every time I hear a piercing scream from one side or loud conversation from the other, I think, just a few more weeks.

But I'd better get cracking, I haven't gotten a thing much done this rainy gloomy looking day. It's all so easy I don't do it. lol.

Hugs!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums and moms

D
Old 05-11-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Thanks Dee

Playing happy families.here but things aren't great. Today will still be a nice day... cuppa in bed.. waiting for breaky ...seafood for lunch.
I need to start communicating.

Have a nice day everyone.

Looking forward to my first ever sober Mothers Day

Have a lovely Mothers Day all of you.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

22.45 Sat

Hi all, just having a quick check in to see what's going on.

Stairs, I am sure you will make an excellent chair lady even though you got your wires crossed, lol. Sorry to hear you've had a black cloud day, hope it passes quickly.
Have you got a moving date yet? I can imagine how much you want to move now you know it's yours. So frustrating!
Gloomy day!! It's been terrible here, wet, cold and extremely windy.

Thanks Dee, ours was back in March but happy Mother's day from me too. to all of you who are celebrating it this week end.

I'm sorry all is not brilliant on the home front Jodie, I bet you cope with it better without the booze though. Communication is the key!

Back tomorrow

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

Just for Today: I seek balance in my life. Today, I will ask others to share their experience in finding that balance.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Grace - What with it being that here, and the States, I kinda assumed it was everywhere today

D