Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 9

Old 05-11-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

7.20 Sunday

Good morning all, happy Sunday and happy Mother's day to all those who are celebrating it today

Hi Dee, I thought it was the same for everyone too, until this last week or so when I read all the posts about it on here, we learn something every day.

It's another horrible, cold, wet morning here just for a change!

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx
Old 05-13-2013, 01:48 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

9.45 Monday

Good morning invisible class of August.

I hope you are all well and sober though I'm sure you are. All is well in Graceville, same old, same old.
I'll call back later and hope to find a few more of you here.

Gxxx

Just for Today: I accept that I don't have all the answers to life's questions. Nonetheless, I will have faith in the God of my understanding and continue on the journey of recovery.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Aww grace! Been slacking! How you doing?

Congratulations to all our frontrunners passing milestones in the first half of the month and a big 'dig in' for those of us in the second and for all of us counting days and weeks there's a lovely handrail over the mountain pass here xxx

Being sober is difficult at the moment ... Just difficult ... Haven't figured out all the details as to why yet though except it actually is always quite difficult and right now maybe I'm letting the AV in as some kind of escape chute. That's a red flag if ever I've seen one then blimey! Back to sober work I must go! But 264 days sober and 72.4 per cent of a non alcoholic year done.

Stay strong all xxx

Will make more of an effort to get on here over the next few days.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Steeeeeeeve! Where are you? Xxx
Old 05-14-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi all

Things ar are going ok here.

I agree Apple sometimes being sober is very difficult.

But hand over hand on the hand rail works.

My daughter had so much fun on the community radio station with her school last night ... she played two of my favorite WHAM songs LOL.

Work is stressful at the moment with lots of change threatening to happen.

Things can be testing at home ... but overall I am good.

Take Care evreryone.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Pretty quiet around here.... That's normal for me but I hope everyone else is ok.
Have a great day ya'll.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

13.05 Wed

Hi you lot. It’s good to see a few of you posting again, I did have a quick look in here yesterday but you were off doing other things. It’s raining cats and dogs here, it poured down all night and it’s still raining heavily now, once it starts it just doesn’t know when to stop.
I’m okay, I’m feeling well and fairly positive most of the time, just struggling with getting the right life balance between work, home and here, my lovely old Dad’s mind has deteriorated with his Dementia over the last two or three weeks, so with that and caring for a 3 year old, my life is a bit busy to say the least. I’m coping though, just taking it one day at a time, the same as I do with my recovery.

Thanks Apple, stick with it, it has to get easier, you’ve come so far now. Being sober is difficult at times, yes I agree, but no pain no gain as they say. To be honest I’m not suffering too badly with it at the moment, apart from the A.V trying to sneak in and tell me that I’m obviously not an alcoholic, because I’m not really struggling too much, but I’ve been there before with that one haven’t I and I’m not falling for it again. No way.
You stay strong Apple, stay focused, don’t allow that A.V to peck your head, do whatever it takes, keep running, keep reading and posting and stick close.
Steve is doing really, really well by the way, he posts on the ‘One year and Under’ thread virtually every day. He seems happy, he’s working far too many hours, but he’s good. I’ll tell him to get his backside over here and tell you about his new car.

You’re doing good Jodie and I love that line, ‘hand over hand on the hand rail’ I’ve never heard that before. I can imagine your daughter enjoying herself on the radio station, bet she had a ball.
There’s a lot of changes going on at my place of work too, it’s a bit unsettling, just have to wait and see what happens, it’s the least of my worries at the moment.
You take care too.

Hi Bruce, good to see you as always. I hope all is well in your world.

Laters alligators

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for Today: I fear what I don't know. I will expose my fears and allow them to vanish.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Hey gang still here and still sober, Day 161 for me in fact. As grace said I'm working stupid hours,80 per week to be exact so I don't really get much time to myself anymore. I also got myself a new toy with all my hard earned cash, a 4 year old Nissan X t trail and I love it, it's a nice relaxing drive instead of the bumpy drive I got with my 20 year old knacker lol. It's great to see everyone still on the sober bus...Take care....Steve....
Old 05-16-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

14.05 Thur

Hi Steve, fancy seeing you here, lol.

Hi everyone, remember, stay focused, stay sober and keep reading and posting.

All my love

Gxxx

Just for Today: I will seek to strengthen my relationship with my Higher Power. I know from experience that knowledge of my Higher Power's will provides a sense of clarity, direction, and peace
Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All looking forward to a relatively quiet weekend. A meeting, kids sport and church is all I have on the agenda LOL.

Will hopefully get some stuff done around the house and might even mow the lawn

Loving my new work issued laptop .. I don't have to squint to see the text LOL

Enjoyed touch this week .. feeling fitter each game and ran a PB over 3km yesterday after a bit of a slack fortnight. Will need to increase the distance next run.

Looking forward to learning ALL about Morocco as my daughter and I do a research assignment on it.

Seeya

Jodie
Old 05-19-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all and happy Sunday.

Hope you're all sober and life is treating you well.

All is okay with me, we went out last night for a meal with friend, which was very enjoyable, it's always good if it gets me out of cooking! I was chauffeur of course, but that suits me fine these days.

Back soon

Stay safe and sober

Gxxxx
Old 05-19-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to Grace on 9 months! And to myself, mine is tomorrow.

Things are going fine here, today I installed the last of the 8 miniblinds in our new sunroom. The drill weighed at least 30 lbs, surely!, and I kept dropping screws and had to do one bracket over, and my drill bit snapped off at one point!! BUT made it through and am quite pleased as now we can put the blinds up or down or just so and are no longer in a fishbowl.

2 weeks left until the final day and we will be out of here and in our new home ready or not.

Hi Jodie, Apple, Steve, Bruce, and Dee!!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

HI All
Congrats Grace and Stairs on 9 months 7

I enjoyed my weekend , relaxing (sleeping in till 10 am) on Sunday morning , doing bits around the house.

Trying to get the communication happening in the house ... taking little steps

Exercising (not as regularly as I'd like to be) but getting there.

Not a lot planned for this week. Have a work function next week , looking to buy a new outfit.

Things are going fairly well. Still spending a lot of time of an evening in SR chat ... hence still a tad sleep deprived at times.

Take care and keep posting.
Jodie
Old 05-20-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 9 months Stairs

D
Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

15.50 Monday

Hi all

Happy Monday, they soon come round don't they. Just in work, watching the rain through the window, same old, same old.

Thank you so much Stairs and happy sober milestone b'day to you too.
I bet your arms are aching today after all that drilling. Have you started packing yet? Not much longer now.

Hi Jodie, what a treat, having a lie in, I bet that doesn't happen often.
Good luck with the communication, it's something that could do with being worked on in my family too.
Oooh a new outfit on the agenda, get yourself something stunning, you deserve it.

Hi Apple, I hope you're okay.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for Today: I can find pleasure in the simple routines of daily living.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

HI All

This work function next week is doing my head in and it is still 7 days away ... any ideas .. apart from don't go ... I know all the strategies .. I have already used them .. just don't understand why my head is evening questioning the idea of social drinking .... actually i honestly do it is because I did 90% of my heavy drinking at home.. I haven't been out for months ... I did the AVRT crash course ages and ages ago are there any other resources I should be looking up and reading?

It was scary to type this so be nice
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

09.10 tue

Good morning class mates from me here in a cold, grey, wet, miserable, North West U.K, no worried though, I'm in work all day so it can do as it likes, but it had better pick up for Thursday when I'm home.

HI Jodie, just like you I did 90% of my drinking secretly at home and I don't bother with any big work events, so I don't really get out much socially either.
Your probably stressing about your forthcoming event uneccessarily, just look back on all the other things you've done over this past 9 months, how many times have you been away from home, with friends etc and remained sober? What strategies did you use then?
If it were me, I'd let my colleagues know that I don't drink well in advance of the event, you couldn't then very well go and get sloshed? Do the A.V.R.T course again, nothing wrong with having a refresher, sometimes it can be a good thing to do just that.
I'm sure Dee will be able to offer some good advice about this event.
I have no doubts that you will get through it and enjoy it too, you've come this far and I know you wouldn't want to go back to stage one.
XXXXXXXXX

Stay safe and sober all

Gxx

Just for Today: I will remind myself of who I am, where I've come from, and where I can go in my recovery.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Grace, Stairs, Jodie and no doubt a few other of our lovely Augustinians a huge congratulations on 9 months! A big piece of banofee pie for you

Steve its great to see you here and healthy! I was reliably informed you were in the Under One Years'

Jodie, I'm sure the 'mainly drank at home' thought, true though it is is simply a trick being used by the AV as a way in so keep working at kicking it out straight away because booze is booze for us so find that inner conviction again. I'm finding that nine months is a too long stretch for my alcoholic 'Incredibly Short Memory' recoveryism (as I've seen on this site somewhere) and so I catch myself planning all sorts of ways I will be able to drink in the future but they won't help me find any kind of peace ... the kind of peace that might be possible if I stay sober at events and at home. We know better than that. You're doing awesome xxx
Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

blimey that's a big picture!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

That cake looks so delicious Apple, thank you, I'm never going to have a little bum at this rate, lol.
You're so correct there about the A.V trying out different tactics, it's like, 'Ah, now let me see, these ladies used to drink home alone, let me tell them they'll be okay at a social event, he he. Then they'll go and buy new outfits, get them selves looking all pretty, go out, have a drink or several, fall over, show their knickers to all in view, have a cat fight and make idiots of themselves, oh yes, then they'll be back with me on the sauce.'
Phew, thanks for making me see that that Apple, you're awesome.

Gxxx