Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 9

Old 05-30-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Nah it's not me Grace ... I googled images "Old woman and a cuppa tea" .... not sure who it is yet.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I was joking Jodie, I knew it wasn't you, lol, I sort of recognise the face. Ha ha, I've got it now, it's Hilda Baker, I think. She was a comedienne many, many years ago.

Gxx
Old 05-30-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Massive congratulations Babs & LSC for staying sober during those events - great work.

And you too Grace for ignoring the AV.

I'm sorry to hear about your hand problem LSC but I hope you can find lots of ways around it if necessary and taking good care of yourself is the first essential step which it sounds like you are trying to do xxx

Thanks for the congratulations last week all. Watched 'Flight' - an amazing and helpful film but very difficult to watch and risky because of the drinking scenes so I wouldn't suggest watching it if you're feeling particularly vulnerable. I wonder what it would be like to watch 'Everything Must Go' with wotsisname from Anchorman in it now I'm sober - my perceptions will have altered or developed in sobriety. I watched it while I was still struggling with getting sober and amazingly was so mesmerised by the whole film I didn't drink anything while watching (it's very low key but real).

Anyway, I actually just dropped by to wish LSC good luck at her event but am clearly rather late. I'll use the the timezone excuse

Stay sober and strong xxxx
Old 05-30-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Lovely too hear from you Apple, as always, how are you doing? Still keeping up the running?
We have to keep on battling with the A.V, mustn't let him win, not now, not ever!
I've not seen 'Flight' but I've heard lots about it. To be honest watching films and t.v programmes with drunks featured, don't make me want to drink, they actually make me want to cringe with embarrassment, especially if I'm watching with my O.H. I sort of feel that he must be reminded about me!
You take care of yourself and post again soon.

Gxxxx
Old 05-31-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well. The AV will not win....not today anyway. It is strange how the horrible things that drinking did, and still would, cause seem to evaporate from the memory and the desire for a buzz stays around for when we are feeling depressed, angry, happy, anxious, etc.
Have a great weekend ya'll.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Bruce, and everyone

D
Old 06-02-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Thanks for calling in Bruce with your wise words.

Hi Dee, good to see you.

I've not been around for a couple of days, mainly due to family issues, but I'm fine, I'm sober and I intend on staying that way.

Laters

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

A hectic but enjoyable weekend. I just love being relaxed and enjoying my hectic weekends. They were always soooooo stressful.

All is good here
Old 06-03-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Even Monday mornings are better sober. I recall waking up on Monday morning with a gut full of fear and anxiety. This is certainly far from perfection, but it sure beats the heck out of the way things used to be.
Hope everyone is ok. Have a great week ya'll.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

8.25 Tue

Good morning all on this beautiful, sunny morning and I'm not joking, it's gorgeous and what's even better I'm off work all week, me and the O.H together. I've got loads done already and it's only Tuesday, I've been so productive you wouldn't believe, I've worked so hard in the garden and even cleaned the shed out yesterday. The difference in myself from this time last year is amazing. Last June I was a physical and emotional wreck, feeling hungover, feeling sorry for myself and with no real interest in anything but sneaking another bottle of wine in! I'm much preferring this me!

Loving your new Avatar Dee and nothing is impossible.

You're sounding like you're enjoying life Jodie. Have a good day.

Bruce, I remember that feeling in the pit of my stomach too, just awful, I don't miss that one bit. Thanks for the reminder.

See you later

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

5.10 Wed

G' morning all

I'm up before my breakfast this morning, just enjoying a peaceful cup of coffee while the rest of the house sleeps on. It's another beautiful morning and it's so good just to be sat listening to the birds singing.
I had another very productive day yesterday, even chopped a tree down, don't know how I find the time to ever go to work, I'm loving being home.

Anyway, I must go and try and catch up with my other threads, they've been a bit neglected this last few days.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for Today: Though I may be feeling low, I don't need to tear someone down to build myself up. Today, I will replace my negative sense of self with a positive concern for others. I will build, not destroy.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hey gang just checking in... Still here and still sober....Day 181 to be exact... Hope everyone is ok... Take care.... Steve....
Old 06-04-2013, 11:37 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi Ali

Good to hear from you Steve.

Just normal work and house stuff.

Nice weather ... even if I live in my tracksuit pants now instea of my shorts and swimmers.

Good to hear you are going well

Cheers
Old 06-04-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here too guys - I live in my beanie (wooly hat) and flanno (flannelette/plaid shirt) now til September, Jodie.

Good times

D
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Hey gang just checking in... Still here and still sober....Day 181 to be exact... Hope everyone is ok... Take care.... Steve....
Good for you steve----same here ----94 days and sober. loving life
and living for the day !!!! I Hope everyone has a sober and Great Day.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi August friends,

We are all in our new home. The neighbors are too friendly!! I hear that train a'comin'. haha. Otherwise things are going well. Right now baking a lemon cake for the hubster's 5th anniversary. I'm such a newbie compared to him.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hey congratulations Stairs! That's so exciting!
And congratulations Babs on 94 days - good on you

Hi Steve- how awesome is that?!

Jodie, Bruce and Grace and anyone lurking - big hug

Hi Mr Possible Dee!

Grace I hope your family issues are a bit more settled from last week. This sunshine does help, doesn't it?

I am still running lots and lots yes thanks grace and have another race on Saturday ... fingers crossed I feel good.

I've remembered what I wanted to say last week when I posted! It was that my boyfriend and I had a big argument in the evening-almost like what used to happen all the time when I was drinking except thankfully considerably less absurd and horrible! He was a bit drunk but I was sober. Anyway, the next day I felt hung over despite this. Strange but true.

9 months 14 days or 78.6 per cent of the year here - wow!

Stay tough and sober all xxx
Old 06-06-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

For Stairs

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home;
A charm from the sky seems to hallow us there,
Which, seek through the world, is ne'er met with elsewhere.
Home, home, sweet, sweet home!
There's no place like home, oh, there's no place like home!

Home, Sweet Home, John Howard Payne
Old 06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Thank you apple!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Stairs
Hey apple

D