Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 9

Old 06-07-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Half past Midnight Fri

Hi all, I've been extra busy this week and not much chance to post so just calling in before I go to bed. The weather has been fantastic and I can't believe my luck in picking this last week to be on vacation. Last week must go down as being the most productive one I've had in years, we've got so much done and it feels good.

Steve, congrats on 6 months, just amazing, knew you would do it.

Jodie normal work and house stuff is good, I can think of far worse things!

Sounds like you have to keep warm then now Dee!

Congrats too Babs, stay focused and carry on doing what you've been doing, 'cos it's working.

Congrats on your move Stairs, neighbours eh? Could be worse though. I hope sweetie has settled in and congrats to your husband, he's done really well, you must be proud of him.

Hi Apple, I'm pleased your still running. I always have family issues going on, if it's not one thing it's another, the good thing is that I am dealing with them and not blotting them out with wine. One day at a time, patience and a sense of humour is required at all times.

I'm really tired now and this is my last post of the night.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

We had a nice long weekend.

I played some hockey with the girls.... did some geocaching... cooked some mini cup cakes... relaxed ... watched some movies ...more geocaching .....

Today I am back at work and I have been following Monday's timetable ALL morning (it is Tuesday) thanks to the Queens birthday ... so I have totally confused myself and my class as to what daily routine we really should be following LOL.

Counting down the days till the next school holidays .. really looking forward to them

Hope you are all well.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

1540 Tue

Hi August friends, first day back in work today after a lovely week off. The sun shone every day and we got loads done and it's pouring down today, yay! Had to take my Mum to the hospital this morning for an M.R.I scan and the three g.chids all have chicken pox, so that's been fun, but other than that all is well.

Sounds like you had a good week end Jodie, geo-caching is very popular here at the minute. Ha ha, you've been thinking it's Monday, I'm always doing things like that.
You've not long to wait until the next school holidays have you? The next ones here, the long summer holidays start in July.

Well, I'll go and catch up on my 'one year and unders thread.'

See you later

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

Just for Today: I feel clean because I'm living clean - that's the way I want to keep it.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

10.15 Wed

Good morning to you all and here's wishing you a good Wednesday.

All is well here, I'm in work right now manning the phones for a couple of hours and posting in between.

See you later

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Just a heads up Grace .... the avatar is definitely NOT me LOL ... but significant to how I feel ATM

I have had a tricky day ... but a pretty good day ... I am starting to communicate how I feel which is a positive ... handling stuff a lot better then I would have this time last year ... almost dealing with stuff like an adult would

Only 2 more weeks and I am on holidays YIPEE

BTW 10 months today

Cheers all.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Jodie, congratulations on 10 sober months, totally awesome. I would post you a cake but I'm in work at the moment and it's a bit difficult, but I'm so happy for you.
I love your new Avatar, it's great and it's great that it portrays how you feel.
We've grown so much since last August, let's keep growing.

Gxxxx

Just for today I will not worry.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 10 months Jodie
TimTam cake all round LOL

D
Old 06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

THANKS DEE I LOVE CHOCOLATE CAKE YUMMO
Old 06-14-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

13.3 Fri

Calling in to wish you all a good weekend.

Dee, that cake looks absolutely scrummy and I don't usually like cake, but even I couldn't resist a slice of that.

Stay safe and sober my August class mates

Gxx

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle all my problems at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hey class...Just a quick check in to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking lol...Day 190 for me today and I'm doing good....I hope you are all well....Take care....Steve..
Old 06-14-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on 10 months Jodie
TimTam cake all round LOL

D
OMG---Give me a piece of that cake pleeeeeeeease !!!!! Have a great day evedryone.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

22. 50

Hi Steve and Babs, great to see you posting here.

Off to bed in a minute for me.

Goodnight all.

Gxx
Old 06-14-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Well.... a very frustrating unsuccessful geocaching day treking along beaches and in bushes is a whole lot better then a Saturday passed out on the lounge
Old 06-15-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

23.10 Fri

So very true Jodie, strangely enough I took the little one to the park this afternoon and thought the very same thing! A lot can change in a year, for the better too!

Sleep well all

Gxx
Old 06-16-2013, 01:45 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Good morning my August friends and a happy Sunday to you all.

Gxx
Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

9.20 Monday

Good morning my August friends,

I hope you’ve all had a good week end, mine was busy as usual. Got a court hearing tomorrow for parental custody of my little g.son, I’ve not worried too much about it up to now, but the nerves are setting in today so wish me luck.
My brother arrived home yesterday for a few months, so that will take some of the pressure off me with my parents as he lives with them, so I’ll feel better for just knowing someone is there with them throughout the night.
Other than that, the 3 g.chid’s have recovered from chicken pox, I’m in work today and the weather is miserable.

I’ll check in again later and hope to find more of you here.

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

Just For Today, I Will Not Worry.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All

Gotta love your dreams... I dreamt I was at an AA meeting with SR friends (kinda funny as I don't do AA). Last night I had a drinking dream and seriously did not want o get out of bed this morning till I realised it was a dream ha ha.

Good news my doctor has OK'd me playing the sports I want to as long as I don't feel any pain or additional symptons in the hands and neck YAY !!!! I do need to get a new very supportive pair of runners ... so I had better get back into training for the City to Surf .... no excuses now ... I also need to get my bike fixed for the holidays as riding is one thing I DFINITELY can enjoy without being worried about hurting myself.

Things at home seem to be a little happier and more relaxed which is a good thing. Looking forward to a nice weekend.... and really counting down to the holidays

Cheers All

Hope you are all well
Old 06-22-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Gone Midnight Sat

Hi all, very quiet here lately, I hope everyone is okay, most of us remaining classmates are hit 10 months last week and this week if I remember rightly, so congratulations to us all.
I went to my g. children's school summer fete this afternoon and only won a bottle of Chardonnay! Well I need that like I need a hole in my head so I gifted to my daughter with immediate effect.

Jodie, I still have those drinking dreams too from time to time and they are always so vivid, I always wake up in a panic! Good reminders though of how horrible life was.
That really is good news from your Doctor, I bet you are delighted. Just listen to what your body is telling you and if you need to rest, just do it.
I really pleased that things are happier for you on the home front, I hope it stays that way.

Gxx

Just for Today: I will practice self-acceptance
Old 06-23-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi All

Hope you are all well.

Looking forward to the holidays. 1 week to go. I had a productive weekend. Put my new shoes on Lay-by. Did some housework.

Trying to sell the old car now.

Planning on some reflection time and goal setting time. Hope to find some more Geocaches.

Seeya . Take Care
Old 06-23-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hello Augustinians and a big congratulatory hug to all of us!!

Things are going well here, still clean and sober and doing my meetings and social gatherings. I can hardly believe I am the same person who lived in misery and sickness 24/7.

My honey planted tomatoes and beans. There is one lone rabbit who comes to eat the beans leaves. Even in the city. lol. I think I have a recipe for rabbit in my Joy of Cooking. Ha. The Friday market sells them all ready to cook, the lady even told me how to do it. Nah, we'll probably just put some sort of chicken wire up to keep the little varmint out.

Sweetie is doing well though has had a summer flu as has M, they both did their antibiotics and seem to be on the mend. The B is problematic as usual but hopefully she will at some point decide to change her path.

Love to all.

And Grace, hope your hearing went well.