Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 9

Old 04-22-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Yay Jodie, that's excellent, so you're all self reliant again. I have to ask that most important girlie question of course, what colour is it? Lol.

Catch up later

Gxx
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

12.55 tue

good afternoon all

I'm back in work today. Very quiet here again so Ill have another look later

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

Just for Today: All I have to know right now about my Higher Power is that it is the Power that helps keep me sober.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Day 138/139 seeing as It's just gone midnight....I'm at work...Hope the class is still rocking...Take care...Steve..
Old 04-23-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Ahh I have had shocking sleep the last 2 nights ... no more naps !!! reminded what the insomnia was like in the early days ... I had forgotten how annoying it is to toss and turn .. toss and turn half the night .. hopefully will be back to normal tonight
Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

13.10 Wed

Hi all

All is well here and the sun has just come out, just a shame I'm in work!

Hi Steve, didn't I just see you on the other thread?

Hi Jodie, sorry you've had such a bad couple of nights, I hope you get a better sleep tonight. I still get the occasional bad nights myself, not as many as I did though thankfully. Are you driving round in your new car now?

See you all soon

G

Just for Today: I will endeavour to have the wisdom and the courage to grow in my recovery I will practice at becoming a responsible, productive member of society.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Sorry grace, I'm back hehe thank you so much for your concern-I do appreciate it

I started a new job and have been away running every weekend in races with varying personal success. My new obsession but it helps on a mental level, working hard to get past the constant negative dialogue in my head.

Stairs! Happy 8 monthiversary

Steve, you're awesome as ever and LLG at 70 days! And Jodie I love following your progress-wanna see the car . And to everyone else a big hug too!

8 months over 'ere too yesterday. The percentage was 6.66 of the year though ... Hmm

Stay sober everyone xxx
Old 04-24-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Good Morning All
The kids and I Just back from my first ever Anzac Day Dawn Service. Can you believe Macca's wasn't open ?

Looking forward to the kids do the march later this morning.. we won't be late this year they hace beenin school uniform since 4:45am. My 11YO last Anzac Parade for primary school and very proud to march as school Vice -Captain.

Slept like a baby last night

Cheers everyone
Jodie
Old 04-24-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm surprised it wasn't Jodie?

D
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi al

I'm going to bed very shortly, it's nearly Midnight and I'm 'cream crackered.'

Nothing exciting to report, just been in work all day, off tomorrow though and then the real work begins!

Apple, it's great to see you back and congratulations on the new job, what are you doing, may I ask? I'm pleased that you have kept up with the running, it's good therapy. Congratulations to you too on 8 months, awesome lady.
Just for you

Jodie, glad you slept well and I hope your girls enjoyed the March, it sounds like fun. I thought Macca's were open 24/7, they seem to be here.

Good morning Dee, wishing you a good day.

See you all tomorrow

Sleep well

Gxx
Old 04-24-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Grace - g'night

D
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

07.30 Thur

Good morning little class of August

It's a very grey, dismal morning here and looks like it's going to poor down very soon. I'm just having a peaceful 5 minutes before the boys come down to shatter the silence. The birds are singing outside and there are a couple of doves cooing away in the garden, so that's a bonus. I'm going to take my Mum and Dad to a charity shop after I've dropped O off at pre-school, so my Mum gets a change of four walls and can have a good rummage, nothing she likes better and they have a big comfy chair in their that my Dad can sit on and watch what's going on.

I'll call back later when hopefully there may be a few more of you.

Wishing you all a good day.

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY my thoughts will be on my recovery,living and enjoying life without the use of alcohol.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

What a agreat ANZAC Day Down Under. We managed to get Macca's for lunch. Apparently the "other" MAcca's is open 24 /7 we were an hour early for breakfast in town.

On the drive home the beaches were perfect. It was unanimous that we hit the beach for some board training and fun. The water was warm the waves were perfect ... I just need to catch one .. 11YO is catching green waves with confidence. 9YO having fun and I can paddle on my knees at pace.

I can't believe we fitted so much into the day ... the housework can wait

Cheers

Jodie
Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Grace those bananas are moving a mile a minute, too much coffee perhaps? And what a beautiful picture you painted with the birds and doves.

Apple, congrats on new job and being a weekend warrior. Running is so amazing for your well being, I have yet to get into it, but I read great things!

Day 74 ending, sorry to be distant. Everythings going fabulous still. Still eating well and working out and doing great with the ex. Baby and job are great as well Baby is going to be One years old next month!!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

9.20 Fri

Good morning Augustrialites, happy Friday to you all.

I've been quite productive already, got a beef casserole on the go in the crock pot and I'm going to make some jellies for the g.children, because apparently I make the best jellies in the world, stripy ones! So now you know.
I slept well again last night, I seem to be on a roll at the moment, touch wood.
It's dry this morning but it feels really cold, the sun is trying to break through so hopefully it will be better later.

You managed to get your Macca's then Jodie. Sounds like you had the perfect day yesterday, you are so lucky to be near a beach, I'm so envious, I wish I did.
Definitely the housework can wait, save it for a rainy day, lol.

Hi LLG, you're doing so well and you sound so postive, that's the way to go, that's how I like to hear you. Can't believe your little boy is nearly one, he was tiny when you started this class, time just flies by.
I'm putting those banana's on de-caff, they're giving me a headache.

See you all later, have a great day and a wonderful week end.

Stay safe,clean and sober.

Gxxx

Just for today, I will not worry what tomorrow may bring
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Thanks for my bananas, Grace if your jellies are like that then its no wonder they're famous! I'm back working with people again as you asked but can't really say what here

Wow LLG nearly a whole one year-old! That is amazing - you're both doing awesome.

AV is telling me that since Im working on my underlying psychological problems (actually I'm not as much as I should be) then I'll be able to handle my drink. But then, the thought of 'handling' and controlling 'my drink' sounds pretty tiring and not very enjoyable really.

And actually (thankfully) I just want to use drink as an off switch tonight which means I would get blind drunk, have blackout, text people, break stuff, loose my bank card in one of several trips to Tescos that I won't remember, argue for no reason with my boyfriend, end up bruised and horrendously hung over and disappointed, not run on Sunday and even if I didn't drink tomorrow, I've let the beast in again which is again tiresome to say the least.
And that's just a fairly well behaved drunk night - certainly no off switch.

And to think I did that every single night/day while pretending to live a life as well. How?!

I think I'll let this one pass and get into bed.

Stay sober all xxx
Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi all, calling in before bed and I'll be going very soon as I am really tired and weary tonight.
The sun let me down today, it didn't show its face, its been really cold and wet, winter seems to have returned with a vengeance.

Glad you liked the banana's Apple, took me ages to train them!
Probably good for you to be working with people again, I know you can't say, neither could I, other than I work for a major Utilities company and there are several of them!
O.M.G your post really rang some bells, that could have been me writing that, I can't believe how close the the bone you are there! To think that just this time last year, that is exactly what I was doing!
The A.V still calls often but is nowhere near as strong as it was and I can dismiss it quite easily now and I've learnt the hard way not to get complacent.

Going to quickly say goodnight on my other threads and goodnight to you.

Sleep well.

Gxx
Old 04-26-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 75, I'm soooo glad the weekends here. I'm going to stay home this weekend meaning not going to my exs with my son. I've got bible study, homework, church, lunch with an old coworker, and relaxing to looking to

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:33 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

An absolutely beautiful day here down under ... perfect for afternoon patrol Sorry to rub the weather in Grace ... hee hee hee

When I have worked out how to transfer photos from my phone to my computer to SR I will show you what a beautiful beach I patrol.

Only one more day and I am back at work.

It has been a relaxing holiday ... so not ready to go back to work .. but I have been saying that for over 20 years at the end of every holiday .

Cheers
Jodie
Old 04-27-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

It's a cold and windy Saturday with rain showers and hailstones. I'm running on about 3 hours sleep and I'm cream crackered. Little one had a bad night, bad dreams I think.
Just my usual Saturday up to now, took my parents grocery shopping etc, laundry and a chicken in the oven.

LLG, sounds like you got a good old chilled week end planned. Lovely.

Jodie, I just have one word to say to you, but I can't say it here 'cos it's swearing, so you'll have to guess. Can't wait to see your photos and gosh that holiday passed quick.

See you later

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

Just for Today: When I discover a resentment, I'll see it for what it is and let it go.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi everyone,

Been busy busy with the new house, scraping old paint and flooring, bleaching the basement floor. Today we are headed to the wedding of two lovely individuals in recovery. It is informal, about 120 people and should be fun.

Congrats on the job Apple and thanks for the congrats , also I am with you and Grace on that kind of lying to self type thinking that tells us we're okay, see it wasn't the booze at all but all the other stuff so now we know and we can drink with our new understanding making it all okay. NOT!

Congrats Jodie on the car....can't wait to see pics of your beach.
LLC you sound quite excellent and Steve HI.

Grace it's always lovely to read of your adventures. Glad you have been sleeping better and what are jellies?

Hi Dee!