Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 9

Old 04-12-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hello August friends,

I can't believe it's been 8 days since I last posted here. I seem to be drifting away somewhat though still quite enthused with clean living.

Today was my first time opening up my home group. They entrusted me with the key to the church and I drove over and set up the meeting this evening! It went fine though I was a little nervous having never done it before and the literature person didn't show so I had to do that too which is really no big deal, just something new.

Soon hopefully I will live one block from the church, if we ever close on the house....got a message today from the realtor that now the bank has to settle a 7K back sewer bill on the property which they did today but she hadn't yet gotten confirmation, so now uncertain about closing on Monday 15th which is the latest date they gave us. What a messy little deed the property has. Lots of cleaning up for the bank to do so if they're down to the local stuff I guess things are looking up. LOL. At this point I am not stressed about it just glad like I said before that we never gave notice on our current rental as we'd have had to live in the moving van for several months.

Brit Floyd was an awesome show last week! It was like a trip with no drugs, just amazing! 16 of us went so that was fun driving to Baltimore in a 5 car caravan. We are about 45 minutes from Baltimore.

So glad to read of everyone doing well and thank you for sharing your story Johnny!

I will check out the Undies thread, Grace.

*HUGS*
Old 04-13-2013, 12:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Yay just did my first beach patrol.... it was great to be able to resopnd to an SOS as the patrol was short on numbers ... I was on with a life menber who was excited to have a first timer and took the time to show e stuff ...

I thought it was hilarious that three other mums also answered the SOS .... all with the common reason ... we had to choose between housework and doing patrol .. sitting on the beach for a few hours and cleaning LOL the beach won ....

8 months today
Old 04-13-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

13.50 Saturday

Hi all

Nothing out of the ordinary to report as yet. Did some grocery shopping this morning, put it all away ( my pet hate) pegged the washing out, had lunch and am just having a sly post. It was a beautiful, sunny morning but now it's gone very grey and overcast, threatening rain! I'm going to take O for a walk when I've finished here, see if I can tire him out, he's full of beans at the minute.

I'm glad you're okay Stairs, good to have you back with us posting. It's taking a long time for that house business to finalise, but that's the way it usually goes, there's always something.
I'm glad you enjoyed the show last week, I would have loved that too! Does you good getting out and having fun and it just proves that you don't need to be drunk to do it.
I'll look out for you in the 'undies.'

Jodie, that sounds really good, though I can't understand why you would prefer answering an SOS to doing housework, honestly, I can't, really! Lol.

See you later

Stay safe and sober

G

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Well today has been a harder day than I thought it would be... our wedding anniversary.... didn't think it would get to me like it has ... it's OK ... just have to try hard not to think to much ... I am looking forward to waking up tomorrow and knowing today is done,
Old 04-14-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Big hugs (( Jodie)) things always have a way of working out.

Take care

Gxxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi Grace
Thanks all good .. first day of the holidays ... I have the house to myself ... heres hoping for a productive day
Old 04-14-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Jodie

I was home alone today too, loved it, I really appreciate having time alone now. Can't believe I used to dread it and drink myself stupid then sleep the day away. No more of that thank goodness.
How long are you off for? Is this your summer holidays?

Sleep well or have a good day, which ever applies

Gxx

Hi Dee, you have a good day too. xxx
Old 04-14-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

will do guys

D
Old 04-14-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Yer Grace it's funny how we change

I am getting stuff done around the house ..

the dog is waiting for her walk she usually has before I go to work LOL...

it is only 9:30am monday here Day 1 of the Autumn or Fall holidays... a beautiful day ... I hope you are well... I will need to get active at some stage today as well has sneak in a nanno nap ..

I LOVE stay at home holidays NOW ... like you I used to dread them abd just drink them away ... will be spending a bit more time here for the next couple of weeks

HELLO DEE Hope all is well up north .. haven't seen any wild weather reports so I a guessing all is good on that front.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 63. This weekend was another close call as the topic of drinking came up and again it sounded good but I knew I wanted to wake up sober. My ex confessed to me that even though he doesn't drink much or often he wanted to cut it out completely. So it was the same on both sides we were like u wanna drink naw we shouldn't forget it lol.

Great weekend other than that! Got lots of homework done and exercise and went out to 2 of my favorite restaurants and ate healthy still!

Night all
Old 04-15-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

9.25 Mon

Morning all

I hope the day went well Dee though it must be coming to a close now, so sleep well.

Enjoy your holidays, bet you've got loads planned with your girls, are you all still cycling?
summer holidays here don't start until the middle of July, so there a while to go yet.

Hi LLg, sounds like your enjoying life and you do seem much calmer. How's the new job going? You did really well re the drinking opportunity and it must be a good help knowing that your ex wants to cut it out completely.

Enjoy today everybody

Stay safe and sober

Gxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those I cannot.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night guys

D
Old 04-15-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Good Morning Dee
Old 04-15-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Jodie

D
Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Thanks Grace. I do feel calmer n more sure of my decisions overall. The job is going well nothing about it puts me off. My ex and I friendship has been growing stronger and more stable and it is comforting that he's so nonchalant about drinking and can just leave the topic alone. I'm pushing myself to do that outpatient treatment program I never started before because I just want the extra solid footing.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi everyone,

Dee love your avatar! Mr. Natural !

I was typing a post and the power went out. My luck lately is hilarious. It was out for about an hour. Right in the middle of Dennis Miller's standup on HBO. The nerve. lol.

LLG I am happy for you doing well!

Jodie wonderful that you are home for the holidays.

Grace, hi!

I've been cooking again , made some awesome turkey chili with black beans and dark kidney beans and all the other stuff and it really impressed me . "Wow, I made this!". Did you ever do that?
(Of course I used a ton of beef broth flavoring and next time will just use beef )

On the other hand I cooked whole grain rice for a wonderful pilaf and it was quite crunchy. Apparently the whole stuff needs more water and time. Who.knew. lol. My family ate it so it wasn't a total disaster.

Congratulations on 8 months Jodie!!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm feeling very Mr Natural lately Stairs

D
Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

14.00 Tue

Hi all, keep thinking it's Monday today because it's my first day in work for the week.
I've managed to book Thursday as a days holiday, woo hoo, just hoping the weather stays fine so I can get some work done in the garden.

Life is sounding good for you LLG and keep pushing for that treatment, it can only be a good thing. I'm pleased your enjoying your job, makes all the difference when you like your work.

Hi Stairs, what a pain, having a power outage! That's the sort of thing that happens to me.
Your chilli sounds delicious, chilli is my very favourite and I could just eat some now!
I take it you have no closure date yet for your new house! Hope it gets sorted soon.

Hi Dee, not feeling natural!! Have you had plastic surgery or something?

See you all later

Stay safe and sober

Gxxxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Game number 3 try number 2 !!!!!

Car loan approved YAY!!!!

ANd I am on holidays YAY!!!!!

Cheers
Old 04-17-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL Mr Natural is my avatar Grace
I feel the same as ever