Old 09-20-2011, 09:45 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope those wheels stop turning for a little while Dave
Night mate,

D
Old 09-21-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

I wake up and PEANUT BUTTER IS HERE! Yayyyyy!

And DAVE is all fired up sober! (Sorry you are all pissed off but it's a darned good thing in my book to care about how politicians spend our money)

This is a good morning!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

PBC!!!PBC!!! Welcome back! I've been hoping for and expecting your return! Kill the fatted calf! It's a party now! Can't wait to catch up!

Thanks, all, for your prayers. I went to another meeting last night, not Dave's kind of meeting, just an AA meeting, and it was great. I don't know what I'd do without the support from my peeps on SR, and in AA. This is no journey to walk alone! (That's a BIG HINT to those who are lurking, reading, but not jumping in).

As far as Dave's meeting goes? Dude...you had me at "I am not a political person....but our local gov't has ticked me off". You have once again affirmed that we are the same soul living parallel lives in the same universe. I have been so pissed at our local school board(s) and have recently, at church or other community groups, been voicing my dissatisfaction. Some have urged me to go public. I have been emailing our Speaker of the House Boehner about some national issues (I happen to live in his district), and he has actually responded to my emails! I was a political science major, but have never had the intestinal fortitude to become an activist or advance any of the causes I believe in. However, now that I am the household bus driver (we lost busing, among other school services) I have taken a microscopic view of the school board budget vs. the tax levies they propose. I'm afraid I'm about to become very political in my community. My only hesitations were similar to yours; I don't want to be viewed as the spouting-off drunk, and I don't want the educators to take retribution against my kids in the grades dept, which I don't doubt could happen. Power to ya! Power to the people! Power to DAVE!!!! WE WANT DAVE!!! WE WANT DAVE!!! (Crowd roars)

OK...my brief mental interlude of insanity has seemed to pass; no, not the one right above, the one of the last few days. Yes, there is a real likelihood of signficant financial threat, and, yes, I'm not sure my marriage can suffer another such setback, but, I have released it all to God. I know for a fact that God works in unimaginable ways in peoples lives in exactly His own timing, according to His will, and for His glory. There is a significant change coming; and I am open to His will in my life; I surrender to it, and I praise Him for it. That's all that I can say and do. Thanks again for all your guidance and prayers. Stay tuned...(by the way, I have no idea what the significant imminent change might be)

Great to hear from ProfessorFudger! Liked the quotes, and the invite to skype or facebook, but what's going on in your life? I'm sure it's all great stuff, and would love to hear...

Frances asked about Bevyn. I am pretty sure I saw Bevyn on another thread over the past weeks, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Again, WELCOME BACK PBC!!!

Have a great, safe, sober week, folks!

Sincerely,
SuperDave's future campaign manager
Old 09-21-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Mirage...glad you are making progress with your therapist. Wow! You are much farther along than I am with mine. We are still warming up...maybe I should shut up during our sessions and let him ask me the questions? Anyway, my next appt is tomorrow. I was supposed to bring the wife, but don't think that's a good idea at this point. Maybe next time. Fortunately, she has set up her own appts with a different therapist, and that starts today.
About your list...sounds somewhat like a 4th step inventory in AA. I am just beginning to ponder my own moral inventory. Every time I turn around, I remember another shameful moment I had repressed. Those should keep me sober a while... Anyway, great going on the progress!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Editor

Thank you! Thank you!(the crowd quiets) None of this would be possible..... if not for all of YOU!(Roar)(the crowd goes wild) You are the voice and I am only the vessel to tell our gov't what you want. I am not here to make more money through backdoor politics. I simply want to represent the people as I would want to be represented. Career politics has got to stop!(Roar) I am the line in the Sand! Thank you and good night.(Endless Roar)
In a perfect world.

Lofty--I am with you on giving it up to the big man upstairs. It has worked out pretty well for me.

Dee-- Thanks..the wheels slowed down a couple of hours later. Man I love your new avatar. The beginning and the end....all mashed into one.

Frances-- Thanks I was/am fired up over this. The sad part is as I stated last night... The open public forum is just to make the public feel like they had a say. The deals are done and they are covering there fannies with the due process on the back end. I am still going to the meeting...I feel like I have an obligation now. Drunk Dave is gone and sober Dave is fired up...Yeeeeeehaaaawwwww!

Sorry again about the political outburst. If I keep this up I am not going to be able to say that I am NOT a political person.

Have a most excellent day.Because

Peace Love and Happiness
DAve
Old 09-21-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Lmao!! You guys crack me up. I would SO vote for BOTH of you!!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the avatar comments Dave - not my pic but a local photo...

there's a smoke haze in the air at the moment here - makes for some amazing sunrises, and sunsets.

D
Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
orangutan

Welcome back Peanutbuttercup and professor.

Glad everyone sounds a lot more positive today and your posts have managed to make my laugh again. THANKYOU.

Well my results were not good , my blood tests are higher than the last . I am going to have a liver biopsy done, I have filled in my paper work for hospital and now have the wait till the hospital contact me to say when I go.
Thanks for all the well wishes.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

still wishing you the best C - hopefully the biopsy will help them work out exactly whats going on

D
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey Aussie...I'm so sorry to hear your news. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and we will all March through this with you together!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Editor

Aussie--I am bummed about the news. You are in my thoughts and prayers as well. You are never alone here. We will trudge through this together. We see stuff like this all the time at the hospital.....Not so good blood test....No worries after the biopsy. You just never know. I am wrapping my arms around you with a big ole hug.....All 6'3 265 of me. Keep that Smile on your face and keep on keepin on.

I am not on the warpath this afternoon. But I have not checked the face book account yet.

Peace Love and Happiness to the Marchers
Dave
Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Dee and Lofty I am not stressing about it like I was the other day ,I made myself sick and worrying wont change anything. Even after I walked out of the docs office I was calmer . I also came clean to my parents yesterday , up untill now they haven't known whats been going on.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:11 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Dave your post came in while I was posting.
6'3'' I will be looking up .lol.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

((aussie))..I ditto what the guys said. Sorry it wasn't better news..I hope we can be of help and support along your way figuring out what the heck is up.

That's funny, Dave. My facebook switched over last night at midnight and we were all bitchin, but I'm already used to it, haha. The only thing I really don't like is that I often appear off line to people, so they can't tell when I'm on. With the new ticker on the right, they can see if I like stuff or comment. I'm exposed!! GAHH!! Maybe some day we can all friend each other there. That would be neat.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I agree, Mirage! I actually have several of you already ... but none of you know of the others' "identities". I'm like Charlie from Charlie's Angels.

Well, that analogy isn't so great, once I think about it. But you know what I mean, right?

Aussie, I am praying for you tonight. I hope you can feel it.

Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome back ... you have no idea what it means to me. I've been doing horribly, but today is day 2 (again). The Kim Possible thing is from my weight loss days. I remember, before starting that journey, feeling weak and defeated and depressed. Once I conquered it, I felt POWERFUL, like I could accomplish anything since I lost my weight (which isn't as easy as some might think!). Kim Possible's tagline is "Kim Possible -- she can do anything!" I felt JUST like that! And my hair was red at the time, too.

Anyway, I am using her as an "anchor" to remind myself that I'm strong, and not to give up so easily. I can do great things. I can. I've done them before, and I'm that same person today. I don't have to give in whenever I have a whim.

I'm also kind of tossing around a parable of sorts in my mind about this whole sobriety thing ... when and if I figure it out, I'll post it.

I hope you all have a great evening/day! Thank you for not forgetting about me.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Administrator

PBC:

that joke will only make sense to people who were watching TV in the 70s

D
Old 09-22-2011, 04:42 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Boy, Dee ... I really wish I could figure that one out ... I'll bet it's funny, too, guessing by your little laughing dude ...

Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

You might see a speaker...but what pops in mind for me is a certain Farah Fawcett poster....hmmm.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:32 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

"Hi Charlie!"
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

PBC....I have been keeping the light on for you and SO GLAD to see you here. What are your plans to support your sobriety? What can we do to support you? Day 2 is WONDERFUL. YOU ARE KIM POSSIBLE. You can do it and I for one and PSYCHED to cheer for you.

YAY PBC! YAY PBC!

Aussie, holding you in the light for an easy time until the biopsy and then negative "It's Nothing" results. How do you feel about coming clean to your parents? I hope they will be able to give you support. I remember how I felt when I told my husband how crappy I was feeling and why I was going to the doctor. It gave him insight that has let him really help me.

Hey there DAVE! Whoo hoo, what's on the Whomping scheduling today? Easy Does It with FB. Use that energy for GOOD. Being alive sure is a trip, isn't it?

Lofty, your faith in the Man Upstairs inspires me. For now, I feel close to the Nature I see around me and the faith that Nature is endlessly growing and caring. I hope to feel a more active connection to the Divine Unseen, but for now the green world is my anchor.

Hullo Mirage, what's cooking today?

Dee, nice sunset. Thank you for your continuing support for all of us.

Hey there Professor, give us the update on your amazing life. Would love to hear more.

Yoo hoo TOI, how are the weebles? And the doggies?

Super groggy today because I worked out last night and then didn't drink ANY water or eat enough dinner. Woke up hungry at 2AM and ate some bread. Sorta feels like being hungover, guessing it's the dehydration. Good news is that I'm NOT hungover and I can chug water to fill up the tanks.

March it!